Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flying Colors - Second Nature

Flying Colors - Second Nature

http://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/fly...ond_nature/#cd

Already listed on this Finnsh webstore with the release date of September 26th.

This is just a *ROUGH TRANSLATION FROM FINNISH TO ENGLISH*

Virtuoso prog / pop / rock band with (former) members of Deep Purple, Dream Theater, The Winery Dogs, Avenged Sevenfold, Dixie Dregs, Spock's Beard, Alpha Rev & the Trans-Atlantic

Release date: 09.26.2014. Product will be shipped the release date.

You can book with this product and pick it up from the nearest Record Shop X.. This is done by moving the product to shopping cart, and then checkout the order takeout trade.
    tracks

Flying Colors - Second Nature cover.jpg

1 Open Up Your Eyes
    2 Mask Machine
    3 Bombs Away
    4 The Fury Of My Love
    5 A Place In Your World
    6 Lost Without You
    7 One Lost Forever
    8 Peaceful Harbor
    9 Cosmic Symphony
    I. Still Life Of The World
    II. Searching For The Air
    III. Pound For Pound

Auto-buy! Looks like track 9 might be a mini-epic?

factoid: "Second Nature" was the original name of the project that became "Transatlantic"

Awesome news, a September release! I knew they had been working on this, so it's not a surprise it's coming out. But I thought we would have to wait a lot longer.

Thanks for the sneak peak. They are supposed to be having official announcements released this coming Tuesday, likely for pre-sales and perhaps info about a 2 week tour in October, and more. Second Nature is a great Rush song, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2014 View Post
    Awesome news, a September release! I knew they had been working on this, so it's not a surprise it's coming out. But I thought we would have to wait a lot longer.
    Yeah, I thought this was going to be a 2015 release. Good news! Autobuy!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I posted the tour dates in a separate thread.

Had it in the cart, got as far as the $5.60 shipping charge for a $14.99 CD and got stopped cold, Amazon to the rescue methinks.

Banned
    New Keswick date, 10/4

Portnoy's beard is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    Portnoy's beard is ridiculous.
    Of course. Still love a lot of what he does, though :-)
    Excited about this. Flying Colors got a lot more plays from me than either of the two Dream Theater albums since Portnoy split from them. Not trying to make any great claims about why that is. Just an interesting coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodie View Post
    Of course. Still love a lot of what he does, though :-)
    Excited about this. Flying Colors got a lot more plays from me than either of the two Dream Theater albums since Portnoy split from them. Not trying to make any great claims about why that is. Just an interesting coincidence.
    I find it interesting in that I have seen Mike with The Neal Morse Band, Transatlantic, Flying Colors, Liquid Tension Experiment and The Winery Dogs I have never seen him with Dream Theater. In fact I have never seen Dream Theater. I own 2 DT albums and have listened to them about 3 times each. Just not what I am looking for i guess but I do love Mike especially as a live performer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    New song 'Mask Machine' premiered!!

Let me help you with the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=FdnKddL9giw

The album opens and closes with two 12-minute tracks. The rest are all in the 5-7 minute range.
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Very well crafted, and good for what it is. And although Neal Morse may be the most naturally-gifted artist in the current prog crowd, I wonder if this kind of pop/hard-rock might be more his forte.

Quote Originally Posted by Garion81 View Post
    I find it interesting in that I have seen Mike with The Neal Morse Band, Transatlantic, Flying Colors, Liquid Tension Experiment and The Winery Dogs I have never seen him with Dream Theater. In fact I have never seen Dream Theater. I own 2 DT albums and have listened to them about 3 times each. Just not what I am looking for i guess but I do love Mike especially as a live performer.
    Portnoy is a wildly entertaining drummer live. At this point I've seen him live with DT (15 times), LTE, Transatlantic (this past February) and with John Petrucci on a G3 tour. He's still a lot of fun to watch play. I'm not the biggest TA fan, but absolutely loved that concert.

I will check out the new song tonight.

They've clearly listened to some Muse based on what I'm hearing on Mask Machine. Not a bad thing! Looking forward to hearing more from these guys. Very inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    They've clearly listened to some Muse based on what I'm hearing on Mask Machine. Not a bad thing! Looking forward to hearing more from these guys. Very inspiring.
    Yeah, very modern sound! Totally different from each members respective bands, in fact doesn't sound like anything from their debut!

Not too enthusiastic about this one. Listen to their debut four or five times, and then shelved. Kaila was the only song I really liked, but that is one out of eleven, so that is a very bad rate. (IMHO).

Mask Machine? No, I'm sorry. Not for me. Too mainstream, boring video. Listen to MoeTar instead for some intelligent pop/rock

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Loved the video. Never heard a note by Muse so could not compare their sound.

I like the instrumental bits and middle section, not crazy about the chorus w/ gang "woh-oo-oh-oo-ohs." YMMV.

This tune is just okay. Hopefully there are more interesting tunes on the album.
    <sig out of order>