Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MORSEFEST! - 2 Day Concert w/Neal Morse - November 14-15, 2014

This is abit short notice!!!

One' is his worst album & he ever hardly plays anything off it, I think one 'One' medley on some subsequent tour? However 'Testimony 1' is up there with his best work.
    Last edited by Rufus; 11-12-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    And anybody who even contemplates asking whether Neal is charging extra for the baptism is going straight to Hell.
    I would have never thought of such a thing…

Now that you mention it: I'm sure your very own baptism can be had via Neal's Inner Circle, including pre/post baptism interviews, making of DVD, Neal's keyboard mix of the baptism, expanded collector's edition of baptism, baptism demos...

And anybody who even contemplates asking whether Neal is charging extra for the baptism is going straight to Hell.[/QUOTE]

Now that's funny! And not only to HELL, but to a very special Hell reserved for child abusers and tax collectors!

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    I was hoping for Steve
    That was my first thought too.

Further, we will have a baptismal available, and Neal and Chris would be honored to baptize any of who might feel to take that step in your faith. .
    Is Neal an ordained member of the clergy?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Is Neal an ordained member of the clergy?
    Not necesary.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apco...11&article=766

Interesting. Didn't know that. Thanks, Fred!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Jefferson James
    Curious if the baptism will take place as "The Water" plays on the PA? On second thought...

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    FU!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    One' is his worst album & he ever hardly plays anything off it, I think one 'One' medley on some subsequent tour? However 'Testimony 1' is up there with his best work.
    You're kidding, right? Well, to each their own, but every fan I've talked to rates "One" as one of Neal's best, and for me it is certainly the best. "Author of Confusion" and I think other tracks have been frequently played in recent tours. After having witnessed the entire thing tonight, I can only reaffirm what an amazing work this album is. Truly extraordinary, and incredibly emotional & powerful. Not a dry eye in the house for several of the sections. And a full onslaught of prog-goodness through the whole show. Wow. Testimony 1 was good last night, but One really took off big time!

I agree with Scott. The Testimony set was very good, but the One show was superior. Both the crowd and the band were much more into that show. The first night was
    much more personal and emotional, and the second night was simply electric. Having The Light and Stranger in Your Soul as encores didn't suck either!

Agreed. So glad I attended this.

Top 10 Reasons Why:

1. About 20 musicians on stage for both evenings including a percussionist, strings, horns, singers.
    2. Finally hear the music the way it was meant to be performed from the musicians to the stage, lighting, etc
    3. Testimony performed in the church that is part of the story
    4. Involvement of his children Jayda and Wil in the performance
    5. Duet of Neal and Wil on Cradle to Grave. Very powerful hearing father and son on this. New appreciation for song.
    6. Stranger with Alan Morse contributing some lead at the end.
    7. New guys. Eric and Bill are true professionals that really contributed to the quality of the performance.
    8. Neal's energy. He was very passionate and energetic the whole weekend. He played and sang for over 8 hours between the two days.
    9. First time One played in it's entirety with bonus tracks integrated into the original sequence of the album. Amazing performance.
    10.Just a truly immersive event. Was at the church almost the whole day on Saturday attending events. Met some great people who share an appreciation for the music.

Hopefully they do it again next year. As much as I would like to hear ? and Sola back to back next year, I would also love to hear One again. It was that good.

Rick..

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The morning immediately following the festival, our regular church service will be taking place - this is the church that Neal attends and where the festival is being held. We would love for any of who can to join us in Sunday morning worship.
    Wake & Bake!

Couldn't let this thread fall off the first page. Between the Progressive Nation at Sea cruise and Morsefest, I can't tell which I enjoyed more. Obviously, more variation on the cruise, but since Neal is my favorite musician, Morsefest was truly special. I don't think I can top Rick's top 10 list, since he captured all the major highlights so well, but if I could sum up the concerts with a few words, I would say "genuine" for how pure the event was -- it's purpose, and the overall vibe -- and "joy" to describe the feeling Neal gives off to his audience. Unrelated the concerts, Nashville is such a cool town. My wife and I had never been there, and it it truly the music capital of the world. The local bands on Broadway kicked ass, and the Ryman Theater tour (and it's history) was awesome. As a guitar player (and long time reader of Vintage Guitar), it was cool to meet both George Gruhn and Walter Carter in their respective shops, each store with killer vintage gear. (Almost came home with a purple sparkle custom shop strat.) To sum it up, I hope Mike convinces Neal to make Morsefest and annual event, 'cause I will be there. And I recommend it to all fans of Neal and prog. Like Mike said at the show, "Thank God for Neal Morse." (Please don't flame me for that last part. You had to be there.)

Rumor has it Mr and Mrs Morse had a hand in it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Rumor has it Mr and Mrs Morse had a hand in it as well.
    Using their hands? Kinky.

Anyone know why they left Back to the Garden out of the setlist on Saturday? It is a bonus track from the One sessions. Mike indicated that, in order to keep the length to one cd, three songs were cut.

For the show, they added Nothing to Believe and King Jesus back in.

I went back and listened to Garden and it is a good song. According to wikipedia, it would have been the second track after The Creation.

Just curious what the reasoning was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Anyone know why they left Back to the Garden out of the setlist on Saturday? It is a bonus track from the One sessions. Mike indicated that, in order to keep the length to one cd, three songs were cut.

For the show, they added Nothing to Believe and King Jesus back in.

I went back and listened to Garden and it is a good song. According to wikipedia, it would have been the second track after The Creation.

Just curious what the reasoning was.
    Great question and I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they forgot it? The good news is that both nights were filmed, so there will be a video in the future. I think Neal said (on Twitter) sometime in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    Great question and I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they forgot it? The good news is that both nights were filmed, so there will be a video in the future. I think Neal said (on Twitter) sometime in 2015.
    I asked Neal about this and was told that when they ran through it in rehearsals that he and Mike felt like it just " didn't fit real well" so they decided to leave it out.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wake & Bake!
    Rastafari church?
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent