Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: YES - Heaven and Earth 2014

If you think HAE has energy try the new live album. Songs like the title track from Going for the One have a LOT more energy than the last time they tried that one with Jon / Rick. Just compare it to Tsongas as an reference

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    If you think HAE has energy
    I can't imagine that anyone thinks this.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I can't imagine that anyone thinks this.
    I do.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    Lots of stuff has energy. You could take a dead horse, set it on fire and it would keep you warm for a little bit.

That's an idea. Maybe I need to set my copy of H&E on fire.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Or any Yes thread here. Will burn forever.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumious B View Post
    Lots of stuff has energy. You could take a dead horse, set it on fire and it would keep you warm for a little bit.
    Never thought of that. I see so much kicking of the dead horses around here...I thought that was the only use for a dead horse.
    (But all that kicking does seem to glue us together here--OH, I guess that is yet another use for dead horses.)

Have you ever actually kicked a dead horse? I haven't but damn it seems like fun.

(very unfortunate typo corrected.)

Yup, my email alert showed your typo-ed version. I was all set with replies to THAT one...but now I have nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    If you think HAE lacks energy try the new live album. Even less. Alan White sounds like he's ready to drop.
    I listened to the new live album today loud in my car and I must say it's overall very impessive. The tempos,even though at times dragging a bit, are mostly OK. My apologies to Mr. White for my unkind remark.

The new Jon sounds pretty amazing. I'm curious if there was any "fixing" done in post-production?

Nice to hear TURN OF THE CENTURY back to its original key modulation.

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post

The new Jon sounds pretty amazing. I'm curious if there was any "fixing" done in post-production?
    As someone who has worked with him quite a bit I'd say, probably very little. His sense of pitch is fairly unerring.

Just figured out after all this time why the intro to "To Ascend" sounds so familiar. It's "I Got You Babe." Thank you and good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Adm.Kirk View Post
    I try not to show up at the party with any specific pre-conceptions of what an album will be like.
    [...]
    I thought Trevor Rabin was great in Yes and I also thought Saving My Heart for You was one of the worst Yes songs ever. Probably would have been fine on a Rabin record but it had no place on a Yes record. [...] Show Me? Fine for an Anderson solo record but it had no business on a Yes album.
    This seems like a contradiction to me. If you have a sense of what has and has not a place on a Yes album, is that not a preconception you've brought?

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Isn't amazing how everything in life seems to have no problem with change.. but the human species..
    I tried giving my cats a new flavour of dry cat food the other day. The idea that everything in life has no problem with change was no substantiated by that experience.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    I tried giving my cats a new flavour of dry cat food the other day. The idea that everything in life has no problem with change was no substantiated by that experience.

Henry

For some reason that reminds me of a time I lived on an apartment so long they wanted to reno it and up the rent, so they moved me into another identical unit for the same $$- except it was a mirror image. My cat- I am not kidding- went insane. It lost its mind and never recovered. I felt really bad, even though it had always been hi-strung.

This seems like a contradiction to me. If you have a sense of what has and has not a place on a Yes album, is that not a preconception you've brought?

Henry
    Henry,

I didn't make that decision until I had heard the records that these tracks were on.

Bill
    She'll be standing on the bar soon
    With a fish head and a harpoon
    and a fake beard plastered on her brow.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I'd also like a magic cat that shits money and a harem of Victoria's Secret models that my wife is also really into.
    Ah, but in what order of preference? Of course, having either one would probably make the other unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Ah, but in what order of preference? Of course, having either one would probably make the other unnecessary.
    Steve Howe's daughter-in-law has modelled for Agent Provocateur, and Agent Provocateur make much better lingerie than Victoria's Secret.

Henry

Agent Provocateur make much better lingerie than Victoria's Secret.

Henry
    You've tried both, Henry?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    You've tried both, Henry?
    With my figure!? I should be so lucky...

Henry

Still haven't heard Scott Bail's favorite album of the year yet. Oh well.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)