Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too many groups! !!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvyesmusic View Post
    I'm also a big fan of going to shows and festivals knowing little to anything about the groups involved. Me likes some surprises. Thinking about going to Progtoberfest in Chicago pretty much blind, too. It's all fun.
    I never did that until this year's Rosfest, where I had almost no knowledge of the majority of bands. It was a unique experience for sure, and I thankfully came away impressed with most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    Surprises are nice. I didn't know anything about Echolyn until I saw them open for Dream Theater in 1994 or 1995. I do love finding new music from places like this.
    That was me as well. Saw them open for DT in New Jersey in 95, went out and bought "As the World" the very next day, instant fan.

I agree there are far too many bands and artists in the various genres, and never enough great ones, if only the tweeners would stop trying and just be fans, and let the genuine talents be in charge we'd look around a lot less for new music.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2014 View Post
    That was me as well. Saw them open for DT in New Jersey in 95, went out and bought "As the World" the very next day, instant fan.
    It was probably the same show. I think it was the Birch Hill
    Off topic but I used to love seeing Dream Theater there.

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    It was probably the same show. I think it was the Birch Hill
    Off topic but I used to love seeing Dream Theater there.
    Yup, same show. I saw a lot of concerts there, including several by DT. I also saw King's X a few times, along with concerts by Steve Vai, I Mother Earth, Stabbing Westward, and the final one for me, Symphony X/Blind Guardian in 2002. Horrible venue, a real firetrap, but with surprisingly good sound. Had a lot of good times there, and usually for very little money.