Thread: Need help with an old song

Need help with an old song

There was a song I recorded off the radio in the 70's but never found out who the band was or even the name of the song. I have the song on my computer but I want to be able to post a link that people can click on to help me figure out who the band is. How do I go about doing that? I have tried posting the lyrics on the internet along with SoundHound and other apps but still no luck.

Thanks.

Mark

Look up "Shazam" -- will identify any song from even a poor recording (usually).

Thanks! Good news and bad news.......the good news is the name of the song is Whatcha Gonna Do. The bad news is it's not the same artist. I recorded this off the radio in the 70's, the version Shazam provided is by the band Azteca off an album released in 2009. If anyone has an idea who the original was by please let me know. Though it's not Santana, they have a real Santana sound to them. Please help!!!

Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Markyd125 View Post
    Shazam provided is by the band Azteca
    Probably Pablo Cruise then.

Nope. not Pablo Cruise. But you finally got me on the right path. I listened to Azteca's version of the song.....right song but not the same version. I noticed the name of the album was From the Ruins which made me think maybe they reformed and released the song again. I was right, thanks to you. Their album Pyramid of the Moon was released in the early 70's....and on it Watcha' Gonna Do, the radio version. I just ordered it and it will be here in 2 days.

Thanks again......I have tried for years to find this. Azteca was an offshoot of Santana, if you are a Santana fan, you should like this.

Thanks again!!!!

Mark

I used Shazam a couple years ago to identify something I'd taped off the radio in 1973 -- I'd played it for dozens of people, even DJs, and nobody had ever been able to identify it. Shazam found it in 5 seconds.

Amazing.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    I used Shazam a couple years ago to identify something I'd taped off the radio in 1973 -- I'd played it for dozens of people, even DJs, and nobody had ever been able to identify it. Shazam found it in 5 seconds.

Amazing.
    By George Michael? Alex Lloyd? or somebody else?

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    How about Chilliwack?

Chad

He said he'd already found it.

Again. thanks for the help.

Mark