Thread: Jonathan Mover Discusses ProgJect, Mariillion, GTR in New Interview

Jonathan Mover Discusses ProgJect, Mariillion, GTR in New Interview

I caught up this week with drummer Jonathan Mover about the first ever ProgJect tour, which just recently concluded. We also talked about his background, his brief time in Marillion, founding GTR with Steve Hackett and Steve Howe, and much more. Really enjoyed this conversation and I hope you do too.

Readers can check out the newsletter here.

The podcast version includes some clips and is easily consumed during a commute or while working out.

Or you can just check out the video below:
    Publisher of Michael's Record Collection e-newsletter. Sign up for free at: https://michaelsrecordcollection.substack.com/
    Stories, video, and podcasts at: www.michaelsrecordcollection.com

Wow, very interesting story he tells about his time with Marillion! I don't think I've ever heard his side of the story before. GTR story also very cool to hear (although I'm not a fan). He's quite honest about his thoughts on how Geoff Downes watered down that record. Cool that Hackett invited him to a party in '83 and found Banks and Rutherford (and Chester Thompson) there!

I really enjoyed that! Thanks for posting.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Fantastic interveiw, thanks.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Nice interview -- thanks. Is it just me, or is his GTR timeline a bit off? He makes it sound like the GTR sessions happened some time in '84, but Hackett went off to Brazil for the Til We Have Faces album that year, and the GTR sessions didn't happen until 1985. I'm guessing he filled the interval with session work.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Another great interview!
    Jonathan Mover is an absolute monster of a drummer.