Thread: Summers end x - New Trolls

Orcopian

Summers end x - New Trolls

New Trolls have been announced as the Saturday night headliner for Summersend's 10th year, this year taking place in Chepstow, Wales.

I've been waiting in anticipation for the final band to be announced, initially I was underwhelmed but have Spent some time listening to the music I can find on Spotify and downloaded Concerto Grosso 1 from iTunes last night- I must say I'm now really looking forward to them. with the different lineups and complicated history they aren't a band that have come on my radar much. I guess by now I trust the organisers judgement as they deliver excellent bills year after year. It would be easy to put one of the big uk names with a strong fan base on but I really appreciate the opportunity to see bands I've never seen before.

There was a thread a while ago talking about the different lineups of new trolls and it seems there is still a complicated situation as apparently another version have arranged a London gig around the same time as summers end. This all seems very odd- it's not easy to get to the bottom of who is who- maybe there are some Italian PE readers who can shed some light?

so it can be only "La Storia di NT" or "Il Cuore dei NT" or "La Leggenda dei NT" or "Il Mito dei NT" or "Una Tempore (UT) NT" or "Vittorio e Nico dei NT" or
    "I Grandi NT", I kinda rule out "NT in Atomic System" or "Ibis"

I think London will be the "UT" formation. The SE X (coudn't resist) will be a formation led by Vittorio De Scalzi maybe with Nico Palo (depending on his health)
    and a bunch of young guys. But this is just a (educated) guess.

Orcopian
    Thanks for the info, there are some comments on the SE Facebook group stating that the London show is by a lineup featuring a former drummer and it's aimed at Italians living in London, maybe it's the pop/ bee gee's incarnation playing there- no thanks!

Judging by the YouTube clips posted there the SE X version of new trolls seem to be a prog/symphonic version with a violin player alongside victorio di scalzi (I assume) based on what I've seen it should be a great show.

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    I just had a chat with one of the NT guys about them playing Holland! Whatever incarnation, bring it on!
    That drummer is Gianni Belleno. Currently in UT New Trolls. But.. it's also with Vittorio de Scalzi and Pino Scarpettini.. So who knows what they will call it.
    But there's more than 46 years of music to choose from and Monte Calvo was mentioned, so Atomic System might not even be too far fetched TheH!

https://www.facebook.com/vittoriodes...levant_count=1
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."

What's wrong with Le Roi Soleil? That's one of their most interesting (and proggy) songs!

Profondo Giallo Crystal Plumage's Avatar
    Well Louis XIV wasn't loved by anyone back then... The Brits still seem to have some problems with the French. It's part of their culture, I guess?
    HuGo
    "Very, very nice," said a man in the crowd,
    When the golden voice appeared.
    She was gold alright, but then so is rust.
    "Such a shame about the beard."