Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FEATURED CD - Bad Dog U : Bad Dog U

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Ernie doesn't push the Chevere de Chicago cd much but it really deserves a listen. Great stuff!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is this one available anywhere?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Is this one available anywhere?
    http://cheveredechicago.com/store/

Looks like a few places actually.

Oh, and the Bad Dog U album -- excellent stuff! Been playing it in my car for the past week, and it just gets better with every listen.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    DON'T USE THAT LINK ^^^
    It used to be the band website, but after a while, the guestbook entries became nothing but unrelated spam and when sales started screeching to a halt, I took the site down.

Quote Originally Posted by taliesin View Post
    I'm really digging the sample tracks.

Is CD Baby the best place to get the CD? Or do you sell it directly?
    Glad you're liking it, Taliesin! Without going into details, I don't trust that CD Baby actually has any copies, even when they say they do. They were great until they changed management. Though I haven't been in touch in a long time, Greg Walker at Synphonic might still have copies (and it would be cheaper there); you can inquire at http://synphonic.8m.com/ If he doesn't, PM me; I'm not in the habit of selling directly, but I certainly will if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Fantastic album of wonderful compositions brilliantly arranged and performed by superlative musicians. Whatsmore, I reckon that guitar player sounds like he might have a future if he sticks at it! Still think the band name's terrible, though (sorry Ernie!)...
    I realize that, Mark! It was just "Bad Dog" for years until I Googled it and found a half dozen other bands with that name (not surprisingly; it wasn't a highly original choice). Then I was going to call it "U Bad Dog U," which was even more stupid. Ultimately, I figured "what's in a name?" but I should've known better. I'll tell you, naming a band is a bitch (er, no pun intended )!

Ernie doesn't push the Chevere de Chicago cd much but it really deserves a listen. Great stuff!!
    Hmmm... I guess I don't. That band has a pretty big local following and the first pressing has already sold out; I think a new batch has been ordered recently. Also... I assumed that not many people here would be interested in a latin jazz-fusion band. Then again, we have been called "Santana on steroids" (though I'm not sure what to think about that) and Santana threads seem to do well here. At any rate, I just saw that one of the Amazon sellers had it new for under $2.
    Last edited by No Pride; 09-22-2015 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Oh, and the Bad Dog U album -- excellent stuff! Been playing it in my car for the past week, and it just gets better with every listen.
    I won't pretend to not love hearing that; thanks, Aith!

Who's the pooch on the cover?

Who's the pooch on the cover?
    Beats me! I went through over 1,000 photos on stock photography websites before I found it and said, "that's the one!" I love that doggie and wish I had one, though I've heard that dogs with short snouts like that often have respiratory problems. Besides, my cat likes being an only child.

I've been trying to get my father to listen to BDU, as he likes jazz-rock (he is the reason my brother and I grew up loving Steely Dan), and he appreciates good music in general (even some prog). Also, I think he would enjoy it being a guitar player himself.

Took this CD with me on a Sunday drive by myself the other weekend, and the music was a perfect complement to the crisp and beautiful early-autumn weather. Okay, I guess technically it was still late-summer, but it felt like autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    I won't pretend to not love hearing that; thanks, Aith!
    Thank you for the quality music.

My daughter said when she finishes here she will un-bad that dog for you.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Just seeing this thread now! Ernie and I traded CD's a while back. I most certainly got the better deal. I listen to this quite often. There's some really nice soloing on it. Thanks Ernie!
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!

Got to check into Deans music. I've heard good things about it. I'm a little behind on things.

It's true that dogs with short snouts can have problems. Especially bull dogs. My step daughter has an English bull dog and I feel sorry for him when I hear him snorting all the time. It's the breed and the only thing you can do for them is keep their weight down so they have an easier time of it.

Got to check into Deans music. I've heard good things about it. I'm a little behind on things.
    Not to divert from the topic, but Dean's albums are among my very favorites from the past few years. Fans of BDU would do well to at least check them out. Some of Dean's stuff is a bit harder edged, but they come from largely the same space and I can see many fans of one being fans for the other.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming on WBDU ...

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    My daughter said when she finishes here she will un-bad that dog for you.
    Thanks but no thanks, Ed. Tell her to keep that knife away from my dog's genitals; I want puppies (translate to related albums)!

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Watson View Post
    Just seeing this thread now! Ernie and I traded CD's a while back. I most certainly got the better deal. I listen to this quite often. There's some really nice soloing on it. Thanks Ernie!
    It's an old thread, Dean... you chimed in on post #9, over a year ago. I only bumped it up because I was finally able to post some full tracks from the album. And you didn't get the better deal in the trade.

Got to check into Deans music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Not to divert from the topic, but Dean's albums are among my very favorites from the past few years. Fans of BDU would do well to at least check them out. Some of Dean's stuff is a bit harder edged, but they come from largely the same space and I can see many fans of one being fans for the other.
    Dean and I have agreed that we have some of the same musical sensibilities. And I second the idea that you all need to check his music out; it's awesome and it sincerely blew me away! He's a great musician as well as a savvy composer; I can't decide if he's a better keyboard player or guitar player, but he burns on both instruments!

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    Dean and I have agreed that we have some of the same musical sensibilities. And I second the idea that you all need to check his music out; it's awesome and it sincerely blew me away! He's a great musician as well as a savvy composer; I can't decide if he's a better keyboard player or guitar player, but he burns on both instruments!
    So true, well said!

And now back to our regularly scheduled Bad Dog U channel ... ( tx guys! )
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!

I actually really like the band name!

Now I'll have to check out Dean Watson's music too.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    I actually really like the band name!
    So do I actually. And I love the album cover, as it's so unassuming.