Thread: Sinead O'Coonor?

Sinead O'Coonor?

I know nothing about her music, so I have to ask, is her new album a musical change for her? I'm asking based on the cover art, which looks pretty sexy to me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&pf_rd_i=typ01

Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    I know nothing about her music, so I have to ask, is her new album a musical change for her? I'm asking based on the cover art, which looks pretty sexy to me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&pf_rd_i=typ01
    I saw an interview with her fairly recently and she did not look nearly that good. Makeup can do wonders......

As for her music, I have no clue. I like some of her older stuff, but her never ending political and religious rants kind of turned me off to her.

she should maybe team up with Roger Waters

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

O`Cooner

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    O`Cooner
    Irish singer with a shaved head and heavy eye makeup.

ProgressivePervs?

Yeah, I get it: We can talk about how 'hot or not' women are here, from musical artists to characters on The Walking Dead; no harm, no foul.

It's been many years since the video of Nothing Compares to You when she showed people how beautiful a woman can be, even with a shaved head. Her staged political and religious statements garnered a lot of press and notoriety. I haven't listened to anything after her first LP which was pretty good and she was selling out clubs in SF when she played.

Frankly, I'd like to hear someone discuss her music as I am curious and come to this forum to learn more about music.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah_Blah_Woof_Woof View Post
    ProgressivePervs?

Yeah, I get it: We can talk about how 'hot or not' women are here, from musical artists to characters on The Walking Dead; no harm, no foul.

It's been many years since the video of Nothing Compares to You when she showed people how beautiful a woman can be, even with a shaved head. Her staged political and religious statements garnered a lot of press and notoriety. I haven't listened to anything after her first LP which was pretty good and she was selling out clubs in SF when she played.

Frankly, I'd like to hear someone discuss her music as I am curious and come to this forum to learn more about music.
    I've never heard "Nothing Compares to You" or seen the video. I was surprised by the image on the cover of her new album, so I asked if it indicated a change in musical direction.

The cover of her new album appears ironic....

And, so far, no one has answered your question...

Love her music & have all her albums.