Thread: The Ramones

The Ramones

Listening to End Of The Century for the first time in ages. I used to have it on cassette back in the 80's. Great, great album, I don't care what anyone says. Reportedly, Phil Spector made Johnny Ramone play the first chord on Rock N Roll High School something like 40 times!

The first five albums are all gold for me.
    End Of The Century is lovely.
    I Can't Make It On Time is maybe my favourite Ramones tune of all. It has everything I love about pop music in it. Terrific tune, killer vocal, handclaps, xylophone (or glock?), 'ah!' backing vox and a brilliant guitar solo.

Danny Says is beautiful and their version of Baby, I Love You features what is for me one of the most sincerely heartfelt pop vocals ever recorded.

I don't think it's their best but it certainly isn't the let down a lot of fans think it is.

Had a bit of a Ramones-off yesterday and was reminded just what a perfect tune You Don't Come Close from Road To Ruin is.

They get a rubbished a little around this place because, hey, they're not Prog but I think they were wonderful. They had a great look, vibe, they had brilliant tunes and a terrific attitude. The perfect pop group.
    Last edited by Kavus Torabi; 07-15-2014 at 05:08 AM.