Thread: IAMTHEMORNING - Belighted 15th Sep

IAMTHEMORNING - Belighted 15th Sep

Great band! Really looking forward to this.

Really happy for them. Wonderful band, this is an instant purchase for me!

What they said.

Very interesting and moving first album, which I picked up aftr a recommendation here, so I am looking forward to this release. It has Gavin Harrison on drums too.

Suspended
    I saw this album featured on the Kscope podcast at the time of release, but let it sort of wash over me as I had other artists and other purchases on my mind. For some reason I found myself thinking about it and decided to seek it out on the streaming-service-that-dares-not-speak-its-name.

Initial reaction is that it's rather good. Any other opinions out there? In particular how does it compare with their first album, which is apparently simply called "~"?

Not as good as the debut. They got Gavin Harrison to drum on this one and have him mixed very high so that you won't fall to notice it.

Very good album, but the debut was something special.

I'd agree with Wounded Land on this, the debut and the intermediate ep are better than the album. I'm just not sure it needed the drums in part.

strongly disagree. i think Gavin's work on this add greatly to an already excellent brew

live album "From the House of Arts" campaign
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rts-live-album

from the email list:

New Iamthemorning release is on its way.
    Today is the first day of our album three recording - and by experience we know for certain that it will take a while. Today is also the day when we are launching our Kickstarter campaign to fund the release of our LIVE album scheduled for the very end of October (yes, next month!).

We will really appreciate any help. The full story is available on Kickstarter with the detailed explanation why we are running another campaign and what the funds will be spend on.

"From the House of Arts" was recorded by Marcel van Limbeek (of Tori Amos fame) during our "Belighted" release gig in October'14 in Moscow. We've put the recordings together and would love to release the album properly. Everything is already completed - the mixing and the artwork - but Belighted left us in a terrible debt hole so now with the upcoming EU tour and recording of the album three we just simply can't afford to release it without your help.
    So please give us a minute and see what we have on our Kickstarter! Maybe you'd like to get something

In any case, thank you for listening and be happy <3
    Marjana of iamthemorning