Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Aquaserge's awesome new video

I initially had trouble with this one, but now it's growing on me in a big way! I've had the background vocals on track 3 running through my head all day.

Completely addictive stuph!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I've listened to A l'Amitie 4 times now with about 2 days in between each listen... Here's about how it went:

Listen #1: WtF??! I paid $20 for this??
    Listen #2: Well it is OK. Stereolab + Softs Vol. 2 + A little Egg. Neat.
    Listen #3:
    Listen #4: . Can I pay another $20 for another Aquaserge record? A different one, that is...

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    I've listened to A l'Amitie 4 times now with about 2 days in between each listen... Here's about how it went:

Listen #1: WtF??! I paid $20 for this??
    Listen #2: Well it is OK. Stereolab + Softs Vol. 2 + A little Egg. Neat.
    Listen #3:
    Listen #4: . Can I pay another $20 for another Aquaserge record? A different one, that is...
    Glad you enjoyed it. Me too. Big time. I enjoyed and was amused by your post.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it. Me too. Big time. I enjoyed and was amused by your post.
    That is a sneaky record... it has been the same for me but I was at stage 3 on the first listen... and I can easily add about 10 smileys to that. Such a great sleeper group last year for me. Amazing feeling listening to it... especially when blazed in the head.

I too got the new Aquaserge from Wayside a few months ago to my delight. I really enjoyed it. Their former "C'est très chere Serge" is also very good, the same applying to their collaboration with April March

chalkpie
    Easily a top 10 "prog" CD from the past 5 years, maybe more. I hope they keep making more and keep kicking my ass from here to the next gas station.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Going to see them in September
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I made Guigou listen to them to my surprise he didn't like them too much
    but maybe when he will see them live...

I like this disc a lot, but I don't like it as much as many of you do. Must play it again!!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Going to see them in September
    I suppose you mean at Carmeaux...

And when you do see them, ask them if they still have this one in their stock (got it from them last time I saw them at Carmaux), because I still think it's their best, but I've never seen that anywhere else but at their stand (it's not even listed on RYM)

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=35442
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

And when you do see them, ask them if they still have this one in their stock (got it from them last time I saw them at Carmaux), because I still think it's their best, but I've never seen that anywhere else but at their stand
    I own it. I think it's the worst of their 3 (still good, but definitely not up to what came later).

c'est la vie.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Thanks for the heads up on the April March album. I grabbed it for a happy Friday... so far. HAPPY! Love the vocals and the Stereolab vibe --- although I'm sure to swap that for the "Aquaserge vibe" years from now... because damn they're awesome.

Still haven't received the CD I ordered from their Bandcamp site on the 1st of February!!!!!!!

After many tries, I finally got a reply on my e-mails on the 2nd of April, with a promise to send the CD + a bonus. No sight of that yet!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Yikes
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I own it. I think it's the worst of their 3 (still good, but definitely not up to what came later).

c'est la vie.
    indeed... to each his own
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.