Thread: RIO Aperitivo Concert 18th of Sept Paris

RIO Aperitivo Concert 18th of Sept Paris

On september 18th (thursday) a day before the RIO Festival in Carmaux, will take place a RIO Aperitivo concert in Paris with:

Phlox (Estonia) Jazz Rock
    Le Silo (Japan)RIO
    Mentat Routage (France) JazzRock Zappaien and more http://mentat.routage.free.fr/USpages/USaccueil.html
    L'Oeillere AKA Nicolas Gardrat (Avant Solo Guitar) http://loeillere.bandcamp.com/album/fiasco

A rare occasion to see Phlox, Le Silo will play a slightly different set from the RIO one, Mentat Routage is a great French band with a new Multimedia show and Nicolas will play Frithien solo guitar between the sets.

The concert will take place at Petit Bain, a ship anchored at the Seine river, a great location. (The Secret Chiefs played there a fantastic show on their last European tour)

The entry price will be low (10Euro presale/ 12 Euro on location) The place takes about 300 so no problem to get in.

Seen the cheap entry price fore FOUR acts there will be some HatFunding ( A big hat will be exposed and you can drop in some cash(if you like with your name on an enveloppe, in this case during the concert you will be personnally thanked from the stage) and up from a certain amount some extra gifts like a signed T-Shirt, CD etc. to support the musicians!

If you interested to come just leave a post here.

Hope to see you there

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Damn, I wish I'd known about this before I booked my flights for RIO. I'd love to see Phlox.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Not going to Carmeaux, but I could stand a little trip to "la cité des lunières" on that thursday

Are you on the organizing committee , Martin??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Not going to Carmeaux, but I could stand a little trip to "la cité des lunières" on that thursday

Are you on the organizing committee , Martin??
    For this concert I am the organizing comittee. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Damn, I wish I'd known about this before I booked my flights for RIO. I'd love to see Phlox.
    Trty to make some lobbying to bring them to the next RIO.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar

Sounds sweet. Wish I would be there!
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Well, as the RIO fest and Apperitivo are getting closer...

bump

Martin, a short googling session only shows this thread about this event (not even in PA, I believe)... Somebody might want to make more noise about this
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Some up-dates :

The concert location has changed to the Olympic Café (20 rue Leon, 75018 Paris/ Metro Chateau Rouge or Marcadet Poissoniers) close to Gare Du Nord Station.
    It's a bit smaller then Le Petit Bain (about 150) but cozy and upstairs is a nice restaurant/ bar. Price will be the same (10Euro presale / 12 Euro at the entry)
    Unfortunately L'Oeillere AKA Nicolas Gardrat has obligations and can't do the concert.

So the definitive line-up is :

Le Silo (Japan)
    http://www7.ocn.ne.jp/~tolsilo/contents/lesiloeigo.html

Phlox (Estonia)
    https://www.facebook.com/phlox.mkdk

Mentat Routage (France)
    http://mentat.routage.free.fr/pages/accueil.html

There will be a little surprise at the end of the concert!!!

The concert will start at 18h30 and finish at 22h30 precise, curfew obligation ( the restaurant and bar stay open up to 2pm)

Here are some tourdates for Phlox and Le Silo

Phlox
    Frid 12/09 Colmar JazzOff Festival (France)
    Thursd 18/09 Paris, Olympic Café (France)
    Frid 19/09 Duisburg Café Steinbruch (Germany)
    more to come soon

Le Silo
    Thursd 18/09 Paris , Olympic Café, (France)
    Sund 21/09 Carmeaux RIO (France)
    Thursd 25/09 Milano (Italy)
    Frid 26/09 Munich, Café Kult (Germany)
    Sat 27/09 Würzburg, Freakshow (Germany)

Le Silo will bring along their new CD

Come plenty!

Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    Some up-dates :

The concert location has changed to the Olympic Café (20 rue Leon, 75018 Paris/ Metro Chateau Rouge or Marcadet Poissoniers) close to Gare Du Nord Station.
    It's a bit smaller then Le Petit Bain (about 150) but cozy and upstairs is a nice restaurant/ bar. Price will be the same (10Euro presale / 12 Euro at the entry)

Come plenty!

MMMMhhh!!!!... while this will make it easier for me coming from Brussels (our train arrives there), I was really hoping to go to Le Petit Bain and find a hotel in St Germain to spend the next day shoping in bookshops

Salut Hugues,
    you can take RER-B at Gare du Nord, it's only two stops to St.Germain/ St.Michel and then you can stay in a St.Germain hotel and have the best record shop in Paris(Gibert Joseph) right around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by alucard View Post
    Salut Hugues,
    you can take RER-B at Gare du Nord, it's only two stops to St.Germain/ St.Michel and then you can stay in a St.Germain hotel and have the best record shop in Paris(Gibert Joseph) right around the corner!
    Yes, I know the way and indeed, Gibert is like Ali Baba's Cavern (maybe too much so >> too manyof their shops around)....

Though my ideal St Germain street is by le pont des cadenas: Rue Sauton, etc...

I'd tend to look around for hotel around that area, instead of around la Gare du Nord (though if you know a good one around there, I could go for that as well)

tghough I'd maybe pay another visit a Le Souffle Continu as well (close le Zebre SZ Festival of last year)

Yes, I know the way and indeed, Gibert is like Ali Baba's Cavern (maybe too much so >> too manyof their shops around)....

Though my ideal St Germain street is by le pont des cadenas: Rue Sauton, etc...

I'd tend to look around for hotel around that area, instead of around la Gare du Nord (though if you know a good one around there, I could go for that as well)
    Both Helaine Burch and I have yet to make our airline reservations but we're having a difficult time finding an affordable hotel around St. Germain, which we prefer. Several of our regular hotels are sold out... If anyone knows of an available, reasonably-priced hotel around the St. Germain area, please let us know.

We also enjoy visiting Gilbert Joseph and Crocodisc...

Thanks for any help!

Up-date : There will be no advance sale for the concert, but there will be place for everybody!!! If you want to make sure just pm me your name and the number of tickets you want and there will be a namelist at the entry. The ticket price is now 10 Euros and you will get a lot of good music for your money and you can spend the rest on Cd's and other merch to support the bands. To avoid expensive hotels in Paris you can try AirB&B.
    BTW if you are looking for a cheap ride from Paris to Albi try Blablacar a good carsharing site.

image-1.jpg

Poster Copyright Tinnitus Lala

Damn, I wish I'd known about this before I booked my flights for RIO.
    Same here.

I would have loved to see Phlox and Mentat Routage.

Seeing Le Silo twice wouldn't hurt, either.

hopefully a poster will be on sale..

Still haven't done anything for train and hotel...

hopefully a poster will be on sale..

Still haven't done anything for train and hotel...
    I put a poster aside for you Hugues!

They will bring it along

^

up-date related to the Le Silo tour:

25. sep Milano (Italy) Le Silo & Syndone

Syndone is a great Italian band from Torino, check them out:

https://it-it.facebook.com/pages/SYN...88463544523800

Salut Martin,

Been trying to call in the last two weeks... Have you changed number? >> If so, in a PM, of course

Cheers

Hugues

Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it looks like I won't be able to go >> heavy workload in the next weeks.

I'd almost believe they do it on purpose, because when I speak of RIO, they think of Brazil and get jealous

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I hope none of these artists are coming in on Air France. I heard that was who Le Silo are booked on.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I hope none of these artists are coming in on Air France. I heard that was who Le Silo are booked on.
    Fortunately the flight ofLe Silo is still on so far, so please cross fingers!! Phlox and Mentat Routage are travelling with a tour
    bus and will already be in Paris.
    One more thing the curfew is strict and the concert will stop at 10h30PM. So the concert will start at 7PMexactly so please come a bit earlier have a drink or buy some merch. You are all welcome!
    Last edited by alucard; 09-15-2014 at 05:19 PM.