Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Magma news

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    You can see where mine went, as well as where the Studio Zund box is located, if you look hard, plus Art Ensemble box set as well...
    Hey man, you should consider buying some CDs. You're looking a little light there
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

You can see where mine went, as well as where the Studio Zund box is located, if you look hard, plus Art Ensemble box set as well...
    Attachment 14449
    And I thought my collection was big.

P1000899.jpg

It has grown a bit since this picture was taken.
    Last edited by Rarebird; 10-05-2020 at 05:36 AM.

Hey man, you should consider buying some CDs. You're looking a little light there
    I know, right?

And when we moved to Dallas 3 years ago, I sold my entire collection of LPs, all 2500 of them. No place to put them, and truth is, I wasn't listening to them very much. I kept maybe 75 really important or rare ones (all the Magma, early psychedelic LPs, Sun Ra El Thoth discs, Dave Mason color disc, ESP discs, early ECM and BYG Actuel, etc.) and got rid of the rest. Now I am working on space for my DVD collection, which numbers in the hundreds. I do have all the Magma DVD sets.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

I know, right?

And when we moved to Dallas 3 years ago, I sold my entire collection of LPs, all 2500 of them. No place to put them, and truth is, I wasn't listening to them very much.
    May I ask where you sold them? PM me if you want to take it offline. I'm looking to do the same essential thing with my entire collection (keep a few, unload the rest). Thank you
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I know, right?

And when we moved to Dallas 3 years ago, I sold my entire collection of LPs, all 2500 of them. No place to put them, and truth is, I wasn't listening to them very much. I kept maybe 75 really important or rare ones (all the Magma, early psychedelic LPs, Sun Ra El Thoth discs, Dave Mason color disc, ESP discs, early ECM and BYG Actuel, etc.) and got rid of the rest. Now I am working on space for my DVD collection, which numbers in the hundreds. I do have all the Magma DVD sets.
    Shit...I wish I knew about those LPs!

Not sure it will help. I sold them to the owner of Ragged Records, a used record shop in Davenport, IA where I lived. I am not sure Ragged survived the hideous flooding that hit Davenport last year, when the Mississippi River went way over its banks. They were just across the street from the river at the point where it breached. I did find an active website, just not sure what survived that flood.

This video was taken from the location where my son's father-in-law now lives, just above Front Street Brewery, with the record store maybe quarter of a mile away.

Here are some of the records:
    269850_2187625286267_7110431_n_2187625286267.jpg
    Last edited by Dana5140; 10-05-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Alas I got the message, the Magma box has some delay, so I have to wait a few days, before I can start listening.

And here are some pictures of the box. I really like it.
    P1000908.jpgP1000912.jpgP1000914.jpgP1000916.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fondle worthy!

Italian Grandma with broken English accent: "That's a lotta Kobaian, huh??!!"

I didn't know we could post photo attachments? How is that done? I remember trying in the past, but it wouldn't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    I didn't know we could post photo attachments? How is that done? I remember trying in the past, but it wouldn't let me.
    3'rd ikon from the right (a tree or something) , click and choose the photo on your PC, upload, or use an URL (internet adress) to where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Italian Grandma with broken English accent: "That's a lotta Kobaian, huh??!!"
    It would even have been better with a booklet with all the lyrics and a translation in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    It would even have been better with a booklet with all the lyrics and a translation in English.
    The Trianon Trilogie CD box has the Kobaian libretto but no translations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    The studio Zund cds all come with a lit of liner notes, really great liner notes/interviews. But no lyrics either. I guess in that one case, I am ok with liner notes over lyrics

My wife hates a few band I like. This is hilarious and we talk about Magma...she thanked me for letting her listen, find out why
    https://youtu.be/ueRz0jDRw8c

My wife hates a few band I like. This is hilarious and we talk about Magma...she thanked me for letting her listen, find out why

Is that you and your wife in the video?

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post

Is that you and your wife in the video?
    Yes.
    We have to do another one soon

Yes.
    We have to do another one soon
    I enjoyed the video, it was fun.

Didn't realize you had a youtube channel; it's nice to put a face to the screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    I enjoyed the video, it was fun.

Didn't realize you had a youtube channel; it's nice to put a face to the screen name.

😁👍🏻 Thanks
    You might like some of the other videos too

������ Thanks
    You might like some of the other videos too
    I enjoyed the video, but Fwiw, Gary Numan has somewhere between 20 and 30 albums out there, and he is definitely not a one trick pony. The early stuff is Synth-Rock, he went into Electronic Dance music, and also Industrial. His album Savage, from 2017, recalls earlier days, with some Industrial edge, and if you haven't heard it, you should check it out. It's as good as some of the early stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I enjoyed the video, but Fwiw, Gary Numan has somewhere between 20 and 30 albums out there, and he is definitely not a one trick pony. The early stuff is Synth-Rock, he went into Electronic Dance music, and also Industrial. His album Savage, from 2017, recalls earlier days, with some Industrial edge, and if you haven't heard it, you should check it out. It's as good as some of the early stuff.

I stop around the Outlander album...maybe one or two after that. Not into the industrial sound. But you have to admit, his new wave early albums were fairly similar

The Czar- that video is so spot on my wife and I that I just sent it to all my kids and step-kids and told them to watch. They will laugh out loud, as I did. :-) This is my reality!

I have that Gary Numan album on vinyl.

Recently bought Tubeway Army on CD.

I'll watch the video later.
    No significant other to confront with the music I like. Not really friends either.