Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Magma news

^^^Yup. Get KA ASAP.

Man, I feel like Wurdah Itah always gets the shaft, I think it's one of the first Magma albums people should get into, and it's probably my favorite. I'd personally recommend it before Udu Wudu or Attahk, but in the end you should get them all anyways.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    A vie, a mort, et apres...

Quote Originally Posted by jazz2896 View Post
    Man, I feel like Wurdah Itah always gets the shaft, I think it's one of the first Magma albums people should get into, and it's probably my favorite. I'd personally recommend it before Udu Wudu or Attahk, but in the end you should get them all anyways.

Wurdah Itah is my favorite Magma album actually. It's almost like a distillation of their sound, and I really love Christian Vander's piano playing. I think he self-deprecating described his piano work as just 'pounding on the keys', but IMO it's wonderful and gives it a very raw emotional or immediate sort of sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Can you find K.A or Ëmëhntëhtt-Ré? I'd go straight for either of those.
    Those two are available as well and are on my list, but I'm thinking of getting some older work first.

1001 Degrees Centigrade doesn't seem to be available at Amazon Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    I think it's a good album. I even like the stuff on side one that we're not supposed to like

I mean, it's not a classic or anything. But it has its charms.
    I completely LOVE Merci. All of it. Especially the parts that we’re not supposed to like.

Quote Originally Posted by pepetriano View Post
    I completely LOVE Merci. All of it. Especially the parts that we’re not supposed to like.
    I think I listened to some of it on YouTube and I don't think it made me remove it from my wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz2896 View Post

I love the composition and the album, but I also find that - along with the original MDK - the vocals are a bit too grating for newcomers. It took me a lot of time to get used to them. But hey, if OP's fine with it, then smooth sailing.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post

I think it was originally released as Magma 2. Perhaps they have it under that title?

Those two are available as well and are on my list, but I'm thinking of getting some older work first.
    This is generally a sensible way to go with a long-lived band, but for me KA is in their top three and I would grab it ahead of the ones in the post I replied to originally.

Heck, K.A is one of my three favorite records ever. Life-altering stuff.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Yeah, K.A. is fantastic. That first part alone is one of the best things Magma has ever recorded, IMO.

They have 2 in stock and another 7 in Z-Shops

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    They have 2 in stock and another 7 in Z-Shops
    Can't find them.

Can't find them.
    https://www.amazon.de/1001-Degr%C3%A...s=music&sr=1-2

Thanks. I looked for it on the site, but couldn't find it.

James Mac Gaw's La fin des temples will be released by Soleil Zeuhl on december 10th (Bandcamp, discogs.com, cdandlp.com).

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    James Mac Gaw's La fin des temples will be released by Soleil Zeuhl on december 10th (Bandcamp, discogs.com, cdandlp.com).
    Great news <3

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    That's great news!
    I just heard Seven Indies not long ago and was wondering how he's doing.
    Btw I love his first solo album, if the new one is anything close then it's an autobuy...

Recieved an listened to Udu Wudu. Great album, with a recipe in the booklet. Alas it's in French.

idk if anyone else gets this vibe but K.A. sounds like Christmas music to me. if Christmas music was any good that is
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    I just heard Seven Indies not long ago and was wondering how he's doing.
    He's still struggling, according to Magma's FB page.