Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Magma news

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    NP: Magma BBC 1974

I’m on a Magma binge! Listened to Udu Wudu and Attahk for the first time this week! :0

Why does their Bandcamp page, unless I’m mistaken, include Mëkanïk Dëstruktïw Kömmandöh but not Mëkanïk Kömmandöh? Looks like it’s pretty complete.
    The band-camp page also omits the excellent Floe Essi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    I'm 100% certain this is April Fool's, and 110% certain I'm deeply disappointed that it's April Fool's
    Here is another one

Magma is stuck in Iceland for at least a few months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ-dutQXUtg&t=133s
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Da Zeuhl wortz Wohlkanik!
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Zess, live 1980!

I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ I take it this is not an official recording?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The triton version is my favorite

Magma are about to film "a classic" to be broadcast on https://www.arte.tv/fr/arte-concert/ (and YT) soon.

They mentioned it would be a 30min mini-concert on Instagram. Maybe it's Köhntarkösz?
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Yesterday I ordered 4 Magma CD's, to save postage-costs. With ordering 1 CD, I had to pay € 5,55 postage and with 4 just a bit more.
    So now I'm waiting for:
    Zess
    Kobaïa
    Emehntehtt-Re
    Felice thösz

What buying the Konzert Zund box can lead to. After buying this box, I bought:
    2 - 1.001° Centigrades
    Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh
    Ẁurdah Ïtah (latest addition)
    Köhntarkösz
    Zühn Ẁöhl Ünsaï - Live 1974
    Üdü Ẁüdü
    Attahk

The Instagram post was interesting because there was a name on it I did not recognize: Lora Ymo Perso, who must apparently be replacing one of the newer singers since I saw Silvie and Sandrine's names only. Who am I missing? Ah, Laura Guaratto. I think.
    Last edited by Dana5140; 06-21-2021 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Yesterday I ordered 4 Magma CD's, to save postage-costs. With ordering 1 CD, I had to pay € 5,55 postage and with 4 just a bit more.
    So now I'm waiting for:
    Zess
    Kobaïa
    Emehntehtt-Re
    Felice thösz

What buying the Konzert Zund box can lead to. After buying this box, I bought:
    2 - 1.001° Centigrades
    Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh
    Ẁurdah Ïtah (latest addition)
    Köhntarkösz
    Zühn Ẁöhl Ünsaï - Live 1974
    Üdü Ẁüdü
    Attahk
    It's great to hear you're aboard the Magma train. Emehntehtt-Re and Felice thösz are among my favorites from them. Zess is really lovely too. I hope you enjoy them all once you've got them.

I actually don't have their very first one; I need to remedy that one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    It's great to hear you're aboard the Magma train. Emehntehtt-Re and Felice thösz are among my favorites from them. Zess is really lovely too. I hope you enjoy them all once you've got them.

I actually don't have their very first one; I need to remedy that one of these days.
    That first album is fantastic! You should remedy asap!

Yes, I\m very much on the Magma train. Wonder what kept me from taking this train for so long. It might have to do something with money and not seeing their stuff in stores. I had taped 2 albums I borrowed from the public library a long time ago, but didn't play them much.

Me neither, and no plans to get it - other albums have felt more necessary.

I heard the track Kobah first on Hhai, and the 'original' version on the eponymous, was a dissapointment.

Well, it is 2 different tracks with the same lyrics, and I can enjoy the original version too, but I still way prefer the bouncy syncopated Paganotti bass version.

Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    That first album is fantastic! You should remedy asap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Me neither, and no plans to get it - other albums have felt more necessary.

I heard the track Kobah first on Hhai, and the 'original' version on the eponymous, was a dissapointment.

Well, it is 2 different tracks with the same lyrics, and I can enjoy the original version too, but I still way prefer the bouncy syncopated Paganotti bass version.
    It looks like the opinions on the debut differs, which makes me curious.

I also would like to know opinions on Bruxelles 1971
    https://www.seventhrecords.com/en/ma...s-1971-84.html
    It isn't on Progarchives, but it looks interesting.

I think Bruxelles 71 is great. The recording starts a bit rough, but by the first 10 minutes it is surprisingly VERY good for 1971, non professionally recorded live recordings.

And it's the 1001 Cent band doing that material + a very very early MDK.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

It's on progarchives under the live album section*. Has a 2.75 rating. I think that's a little low. At least a solid 3 for me.

* I knew this because, during Covid, I used PA to listen to every Magma album in order (yes, I know). Oddly enough I never bought Merci. So I cheated and listened on Youtube. And........I'm not really a completist so I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by selfextraction View Post
    It's on progarchives under the live album section*. Has a 2.75 rating. I think that's a little low. At least a solid 3 for me.

* I knew this because, during Covid, I used PA to listen to every Magma album in order (yes, I know). Oddly enough I never bought Merci. So I cheated and listened on Youtube. And........I'm not really a completist so I'll leave it at that.
    Found it. Looked at the live section, but it appeared to be a bit further down, than I had expected. The one review gives it 2 stars, but writes it should deserve 4 stars. It looks interesting. I suppose I even might add Merci to my collection some day. I'm affraid I'm becoming a Magma completist.

^I genuinely enjoy Merci. Magma disco for the win!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

The debut (AKa Kobaia) is a fairly different sound, but it's still one of my fave. All (or most) of the ingredients are there, but the formula hasn't been fully developped.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Well, Merci should, IMHO, be kept for last. Not sure I would qualify as Disco (haven't heard in decades), but more like soul-funk
    Vander was always a fan of that music as well.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I was fairly familiar with some of the stuff through other releases. I don't hate it, just never really had the urge to actually purchase it.

I'm afraid I'm becoming a Magma completist
    Nope. I'm a Magma completist. I have all their LPs, a few cassette tapes, every CD they ever released, all the box sets, 240 live concert recordings, Klaus Blasquiz' book on the Fender bass, the Caunes book, hundreds of article reprints and a full box of other related material. And I do not come close to some of the French fans.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I think Bruxelles 71 is great. The recording starts a bit rough, but by the first 10 minutes it is surprisingly VERY good for 1971, non professionally recorded live recordings.

And it's the 1001 Cent band doing that material + a very very early MDK.
    I'm pretty much in agreement here. Its more than a worthy addition to any Magma collection.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    Nope. I'm a Magma completist. I have all their LPs, a few cassette tapes, every CD they ever released, all the box sets, 240 live concert recordings, Klaus Blasquiz' book on the Fender bass, the Caunes book, hundreds of article reprints and a full box of other related material. And I do not come close to some of the French fans.
    There are always people who are bigger completists. I'm satisfied if I have as much CD's as possible. So trying to get what is available.