Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: New Pink Floyd album in October

Quote Originally Posted by zyryab View Post
    'Wet Dreams' did not impress me, although I haven't touched it for more than a decade. It came out shortly after he was kicked out of PF, so the lyrics were awash in bitterness ("Pink Song": ...let me go, I cannot stay...), while the music sounded shallow to my ears, clearly the result of a low productive period in his life.
    Wet Dreams was released in 1978.. Rick left Floyd after the The Wall tour..

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Wet Dreams was released in 1978.. Rick left Floyd after the The Wall tour..
    Along similar lines, I'm pretty sure in various interviews he has stressed that Pink's Song wasn't about him *or* Syd Barrett, but about a friend of his family.

I don't enjoy Wet Dream as much as Broken China, but there are some lovely tunes on there (Pink's Song definitely being a highlight for me).

In some fantasy world of mine, I'd have Water's "Amused to Death" songwriting merged with Gilmour's "Division Bell" writing and perfomance, with Wright's crazy cool atmospherics and synth landscapes added throughout. Or, I can just play all three at once...same basic difference
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Ahhhhh, to be young again.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zorknapp View Post
    Are you sure? I thought the source of this was Mason reflecting on it being a good idea, in an interview, but I wasn't sure if there was real work going on with it. Do you have a source you can reveal?

Mike
    http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/in...sion-editions/

"Work has already commenced on remixing and replacing instrumentation on A Momentary Lapse of Reason for possible future release on an Immersion and/or Experience Edition"

"SDE: Will A Momentary Lapse of Reason be remixed for an Immersion box set? David Gilmour has mentioned before his interest in “mixing the 80s out of it”

AJ: Interesting point. A Momentary Lapse of Reason is an odd one out inasmuch as it’s the only album that was trying to be ‘of the time’, which now means it sounds dated, rather than timeless. We have started this process a while ago, doing new drums with Nick with a much more “Pink Floyd classic” approach. If & when we’ll pick it up I don’t know.

SDE: (reponse to above): Very interesting…. one assumes that if there was to be an Immersion Edition of A Momentary Lapse of Reason then this process would probably be completed. Is it just the drums that have been redone so far?

AJ: Yes and yes. It was our intention to remove some of the 80′s synths and get more Rick hammond on it. Obviously not possible for him to do it now, but we started the process of pulling some of his playing from gigs of those songs. Just a lot of editing/syncing to do on that, but it should work"
    Chad

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    Suppose I want this streamed at Progstreaming. Of course all executives at EMI HQ would laugh in my face, just like they did when I asked them for Kate Bush. But I'm not convinced that if I bypass these bureaucracy, I might find that the manager, the god-like chief of EMI himself, or David Gilmour and Polly Sampson themselves, won't have any problems with it.

Can someone ask around an PM me any e-mails of the above? Surely someone here might have a back entrance?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Her face is kind of mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/in...sion-editions/

"Work has already commenced on remixing and replacing instrumentation on A Momentary Lapse of Reason for possible future release on an Immersion and/or Experience Edition"

"SDE: Will A Momentary Lapse of Reason be remixed for an Immersion box set? David Gilmour has mentioned before his interest in “mixing the 80s out of it”

AJ: Interesting point. A Momentary Lapse of Reason is an odd one out inasmuch as it’s the only album that was trying to be ‘of the time’, which now means it sounds dated, rather than timeless. We have started this process a while ago, doing new drums with Nick with a much more “Pink Floyd classic” approach. If & when we’ll pick it up I don’t know.

SDE: (reponse to above): Very interesting…. one assumes that if there was to be an Immersion Edition of A Momentary Lapse of Reason then this process would probably be completed. Is it just the drums that have been redone so far?

AJ: Yes and yes. It was our intention to remove some of the 80′s synths and get more Rick hammond on it. Obviously not possible for him to do it now, but we started the process of pulling some of his playing from gigs of those songs. Just a lot of editing/syncing to do on that, but it should work"
    Ah, thanks for that! I do recall that interview now, but couldn't place it before... Much appreciated!
    Mike