Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cardiacs "Family" of bands/artists

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    After an initial snafu I was able to successfully place an order through Rough Trade UK. They were offering signed copies and the cost after taxes & shipping was just under 50 USD. Tracking provided as well. We'll see how long it takes to get here.
    Arrived yesterday! For some reason it decided to spend a week sightseeing in Chicago, but now it's home and I dug in last night.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Having read (and listened) my way through Steve and Kavus' book, I felt compelled to seek out the recorded work of The Monsoon Bassoon. Discogs provided a path, and for most of it, it wasn't too ruinous. Just one cassette missing from the available releases. Today the first couple of singles arrived, and it was pretty cool to find 'In The Iceman's Back Garden' complete with promo letter from 'Talksy'. Noice.

IMG_4500.jpg

I probably unwittingly witnessed Die Laughing when I was at the Castlemorton rave, and can confirm the mood (re: Beemers and coke) of the place though don't recall much detail. Some of the Stonehenge crowd was of that ilk too, back when I first saw Cardiacs in '84.

Love the Monsoon's album, still listen to it a lot in fact. I'm definitely going to have to hunt for those early singles now, though i have found some of that stuff on YT.

One of my favourite of theirs was one i first heard on a compilation for a label called House Of Stairs (along with Stars In Battledress, Max Tundra & others)

Stag!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Guess I need to go to discogs and order the Monsoon Bassoon. Personally I'd rather give the money to Kavus.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Guess I need to go to discogs and order the Monsoon Bassoon. Personally I'd rather give the money to Kavus.
    I remember reading sonewhere on the forum that Kavus was planning to make the Monsoon Bassoon stuff available again. I am waiting for that. I love the tunes I heared on youtube.

The MB stuff is excellent. Too bad it was largely overlooked at the time.

A new single by The Scaramanga Six:

https://thescaramangasix.bandcamp.co...e-with-no-face