Thread: Prog Cats - Dave Kerman Birman

Prog Cats - Dave Kerman Birman

The most off topic thread ever....

My wife and I have three beautiful Birman cats and added a new kitten to them last Saturday. We've always had a thing about rhyming names for them - so we have Sherman Birman, Baz (Luhrman) Birman and Ethelred (he would have been Ethel Merman Birman but he's a red point boy, hence Ethel-Red!)

We were running out of ideas for the new kitten (although Uma Thurman Birman would have appealed had he been a girl) but I then hit upon Dave (Kerman) Birman - so he's a very prog cat and, with a name like that, will hopefully share my propensity to bash the skins now and again...

Anyone else got any prog cats?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    We have a little guy named Enoch (he was just "fixed" yesterday, poor guy) and I sometimes call him Enochian Theory. I could also call him Eunuch.

Well, I guess our two cats "could" have prog references:

Valentine: Could have been named for the Collosseum album - Valentyne Suite but was named because we found her around Valentine's Day.

Blizzard: Could have been named for the Blizzard of Oz album but was named because she is 100% pure white.

We ended up choosing our cat because he came with the name....Floyd!

And what a chilled out little fellow he is, especially when we have you-know-who on the hi-fi.

Ironically, the cat rescue family that were caring for him were big prog-metal fans.....which may explain why everyone else clears the room when I play Opeth, but he just curls up and purrs away.

202147_164113116983272_7878728_o[1].jpg
    Last edited by Valen; 07-03-2014 at 10:27 AM.

I (actually the ex) once had a mouse called Zappa.
    Ironically he died of what seems to be a cancerous tumor :/
    If I ever have a mouse again, I`ll call him Gerald.

If you ever get a pet mouse, you can call him Vermin Birman.

FYI - Aethelred was an English king during its Danish rule. Your Ethel-Red reminded me of that. He was a lousy king, so don't change your cat's name, please!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

if there was Kermit the frog, I called the toad in the pond next to my pad Kerman >> (Kerman the Toad)....

just like I used to call Eddie the squirrel that lived between the houses 664 and 670 on our road in Mississauga (Toronto) >> he was the Neighbour Of The Beast , because there used to have some bloody geeky weirdo living at the 670

I once had a spider squatting the inside of the rearview mirror of my 86 Mustang (the car, not the horse), and I called it "Boris"
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

It was that very king we named him after, Hunnibee. We don't normally use the initial 'a' of the dipthong here. Believe me, he's far from unready when it comes to food!

Awesome! I once had a cat named Eleanor, named after the Aquitainian duchess herself, twice a queen, and a woman a millennium before her time! The cat, unfortunately, was not as strong or wise as her namesake.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain