Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mike Keneally release : "Dancing Demos"

Did Mike's band ever play "Egg Zooming" live? I only remember hearing the last (relatively easy) section.

Been listening to Sluggo! and Dancing the last couple days. These are some super fun records. I'd forgotten how cool "Why Am I Your Guy?" was also.

"Egg Zooming" is flippin' awesome btw.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Been listening to Sluggo! and Dancing the last couple days. These are some super fun records. I'd forgotten how cool "Why Am I Your Guy?" was also.

"Egg Zooming" is flippin' awesome btw.
    Why Am I Your Guy? freaking rocks! Many are probably hip to this, but it makes me grin from ear to ear every time I listen to the track. From MK's website:

"A ridiculous thing: we recorded a basic track of the song, and Beller was on fire (playing the bass track you hear on the album), but Toss was not satisfied with his own performance. We were all so into Bryan’s bass track that Toss re-recorded his drums to it, with NO CLICK TRACK – if you’re a drummer, please listen to Bryan’s performance here, and then imagine having to overdub Toss’ drum part to it, in one uninterrupted take, without a click – I’m glad I got to see that."
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by proggy_jazzer View Post
    Why Am I Your Guy? freaking rocks! Many are probably hip to this, but it makes me grin from ear to ear every time I listen to the track. From MK's website:

"A ridiculous thing: we recorded a basic track of the song, and Beller was on fire (playing the bass track you hear on the album), but Toss was not satisfied with his own performance. We were all so into Bryan’s bass track that Toss re-recorded his drums to it, with NO CLICK TRACK – if you’re a drummer, please listen to Bryan’s performance here, and then imagine having to overdub Toss’ drum part to it, in one uninterrupted take, without a click – I’m glad I got to see that."

Holy cow... I can't imagine even attempting that myself, but that just shows what level of musicianship these guys are at. Incredible.

Great detail there!

Glad you're enjoying those records Tyler