Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Leftovers - HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    I don't blame you. Let's just hope Lindelof doesn't take this one for a fantastic 5 season ride, then hack it to shreds in the 6th and final season.
    It is really too bad what happened in the end with LOST. They repeat it on G4 network (or something like that on my cable system) and every once in a while I catch an old episode while flipping channels and I am reminded of what an incredible show it really was for the majority of its run. It totally changed the way that I watch TV. In the end it was a letdown how they ended it, but overall it was still an incredible series for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    My guess is that this type of show won't go that long. It's a guessing game with lots to uncover, but nothing like the web that is Game of Thrones say. We'll know more after what's uncovered in the 2hr season finale. I'll be honest, there is that voice in my head that says "disappointment awaits, bitch!" but we shall see.
    Not sure what will be resolved since it is coming back for a 2nd season, but it will be interesting.

Um well.......nothing resolved and nothing moved forward. Still kept me interested. On strange show for sure................

Yeah man, I'm still LOST (sorry Paulie ) but I was glued. It would have been nice to get a little more info, but things did seem to finally come to a head with the leftovers and remnant. And then now more questions with the baby

I really like the music they use on the show btw. Fits the mood very well.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Yeah man, I'm still LOST (sorry Paulie ) but I was glued. It would have been nice to get a little more info, but things did seem to finally come to a head with the leftovers and remnant. And then now more questions with the baby

I really like the music they use on the show btw. Fits the mood very well.
    At one point they were playing a string arrangement of something that I recognized, but could not put my finger on it. I finally figured out it was "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica.

My one gripe was I thought the whole baby, thing kind of happened a little too conveniently with the baby ending up with the cops' girlfriend. Other than that though I was pretty much riveted.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    Obviously, Tommy dropped the baby on Kevin's doorstep. Nora was there to drop off her Dear John letter to Kevin. I recognized the strings right away. I was a little disappointed overall, but like you guys, I am definitely hooked.
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

I loved this show, I appreciate the air of melancholy that hangs around the characters, who have had this mindblowing thing happen in their lives, and no one quite knows how to react to it.

There's some mystery to the show, but I'm not really that concerned about getting answers.

And, I will say, I loved Lost, even the ending...

Mike

This show is so bizarre! What a mindfuck this season was...I'm fascinated and frustrated all at the same time!
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

I thought the season finale was a mess, personally.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

This show is so bizarre! What a mindfuck this season was...I'm fascinated and frustrated all at the same time!
    I'm with you. I pretty much loved the whole season. I hope it comes back. It appears to be up in the air at the moment.

I'm with you. I pretty much loved the whole season. I hope it comes back. It appears to be up in the air at the moment.

Don't let your meatloaf! Paulie's Avatar
    I'm with you Bro! Great stuff. The creators are definitely getting their L O S T on!
    "That gum you like is going to come back in style."

Here is a cool interview with Lindeloff: http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wat...fe-of-the-show

This show keeps throwing some bizzarre stuff all around the backdrop, like they did in Lost at the beginning. Lost did make an attempt to resolve most of that stuff by the end of the show. I don't know if they will do that with this show or not, but I almost don't care either.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    This show keeps throwing some bizzarre stuff all around the backdrop, like they did in Lost at the beginning. Lost did make an attempt to resolve most of that stuff by the end of the show. I don't know if they will do that with this show or not, but I almost don't care either.
    I get the feeling that this show is less about solving the mystery and more about what the mystery did to the population that survived it. Assuming the show is renewed I kind of doubt we will ever find out the answer to why the 2% disappeared, but as you mention that does not really appear to be the main focus of the show. Lost on the other hand backed itself into too many corners that it could not get out of. I still think that for 5 Seasons, LOST is one of the greatest television shows of all time, but it somewhat came off the rails in the final season. I didn’t hate the ending, but was not totally satisfied either.

Can I talk about season one of True Detective instead? Spooky good!
    Last edited by StevegSr; 12-12-2015 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Wink
    To be or not to be? That is the point. - Harry Nilsson.