Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MATTIAS OLSSON and DAVID LUNDBERG bring NECROMONKEY to ProgDay!

MATTIAS OLSSON and DAVID LUNDBERG bring NECROMONKEY to ProgDay!

MATTIAS OLSSON and DAVID LUNDBERG bring NECROMONKEY to ProgDay!

MATTIAS OLSSON, formerly of ANGLAGARD, met DAVID LUNDBERG, keyboardist from GOSTA BERLINGS SAGA, in 2008 while working on GBS's second album. Their discussions of collaboration became reality in 2010 when Olsson and Lundberg began to write and record what would become NECROMONKEY's first release, Necroplex.

Released in 2013, Necroplex exhibits a unique melding of electronic music, symphonic prog and post rock, created using an array of electronic and acoustic instruments, cutting-edge technology and vintage equipment. This continues with 2014's A Glimpse Of Possible Endings, the first of four new albums.

At the core of NECROMONKEY's music are the multi-instrumental concoctions of Olsson and Lundberg, spiced and blended with the contributions of guest musicians. The result is an eclectic, cinematic and wide-ranging ride into genuinely progressive territory.

NECROMONKEY (Sweden) joins THE GALACTIC COWBOY ORCHESTRA (US), LUZ DE RIADA (Mexico) and KOTEBEL (Spain) at ProgDay 2014, the 20th Anniversary of the longest running progressive rock festival in the world. ProgDay 2014 will take place on Saturday, August 30th, and Sunday, August 31st, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, and to hear music from this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.

More bands to be announced soon!

Thanks.

Michael

---------------

www.progday.net
    www.michaelbennett.com
    Last edited by Miciah; 06-28-2014 at 11:07 AM.

GREAT news!!!

Last edited by zombywoof; 06-28-2014 at 12:27 AM.

Told ya'll there were some interesting things going on. More to come........

This is gonna be fun!

// Mattias

Kristi
    Fantastic news! You are right Mattias, this IS going to be fun. Two of my favorite new albums in the last couple of years!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wow, I didn't see this one coming. Cool! It'll be interesting to see how they put together a set for the festival. Maybe this will be the Sunday morning prog church slot?

RE: the bass player listed on the ProgDay page, Kringle Harmonist can't be his (her) real name, can it? Who is this?
    Last edited by JKL2000; 06-28-2014 at 08:22 AM.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Very nice pick, looking forward to this one, just picked up the debut on itunes can't seem to find the new one anywhere.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Very nice pick, looking forward to this one, just picked up the debut on itunes can't seem to find the new one anywhere.
    Necromonkeyness@gmail.com

If not, I'm sure they'll have physical copies at the show.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Wow, I didn't see this one coming.

Me neither, Wow!
    And more to come?

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    Me neither, Wow!
    And more to come?
    Michael has some more tricks up his sleeve.......stay tuned.........

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    Necromonkeyness@gmail.com

If not, I'm sure they'll have physical copies at the show.
    Hey hey, we will be bringing cds. We are also hoping to have either a new ep or the third album with us.

We have only about 15 copies of our first album left so if you want to be sure to get a copy please email us at necromonkeyness@gmail.com and we'll sort you out.

Best regards,

Mattias

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I downloaded the first one but will buy the second at ProgDay
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Another interesting band added. Fine, you win! Two tickets ordered!

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Another interesting band added. Fine, you win! Two tickets ordered!

neil
    Kay is staying home, but more than likely I'll see you there, mon ami! Not definite yet, but it looks promising.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Neat!
    flute juice

Do those Necromonkey shirts come in infant sizes?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Do those Necromonkey shirts come in infant sizes?
    if you need one we can make one!

Let me know,

Mattias

ooohhhhhhh
    flute juice

Quote Originally Posted by arise_shine View Post
    ooohhhhhhh
    Are you going to PD?

If so, seems perfectly logical in the world of Prog, for 2 people who probably live within 10 miles of each other meeting for the first time 1000 miles away.

If not, never mind.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Are you going to PD?

If so, seems perfectly logical in the world of Prog, for 2 people who probably live within 10 miles of each other meeting for the first time 1000 miles away.

If not, never mind.
    Actually……..not that unusual. I can think of at least 3 people who live within an hour of me that I met at prog festivals that I never knew beforehand. On top of that Mike Potter and I grew up in the same town, and attended many of the same events growing up. We were probably in the same venue / sporting events, even parties many times, but did not meet until one of the festivals (ProgDay I think, but my mind is getting hazy) after he was living in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Actually……..not that unusual. I can think of at least 3 people who live within an hour of me that I met at prog festivals that I never knew beforehand. On top of that Mike Potter and I grew up in the same town, and attended many of the same events growing up. We were probably in the same venue / sporting events, even parties many times, but did not meet until one of the festivals (ProgDay I think, but my mind is getting hazy) after he was living in Baltimore.
    There was a period when I spent more time with my friends in Houston than with my brother who lives three blocks away from me.

And here is the T-shirt for the tour....!Its in grey and military green we will also be bringing some of our everyday ones in white and black. As well.

Necromonkey us t-shirt.jpg

// Mattias (Necromonkey)

I met a guy at ProgFest in LA in 1995 (I live in NY) and we hung out for the whole weekend but didn't stay in touch after. About 12 years later we ended up working in the same department for the same company and resuming our friendship, which continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Roth-Handle Studios View Post
    There was a period when I spent more time with my friends in Houston than with my brother who lives three blocks away from me.

And here is the T-shirt for the tour....!Its in grey and military green we will also be bringing some of our everyday ones in white and black. As well.

// Mattias (Necromonkey)
    I'm buying that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roth-Handle Studios View Post

// Mattias (Necromonkey)

There was a time i would see my 'prog' buddies at festivals more often than my local friends miles from my home.

Just curious, are your Houston friends any of the people involved with the Deadwood Forest album? I like that record a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by progholio View Post
    There was a time i would see my 'prog' buddies at festivals more often than my local friends miles from my home.

Just curious, are your Houston friends any of the people involved with the Deadwood Forest album? I like that record a lot.
    I produced the album.....so yeah!

// Mattias