Thread: The Carpet Crawlers- Genesis tribute

The Carpet Crawlers- Genesis tribute

This tribute band are touring The Lamb album in the UK.
    Has anyone seen them & how do they compare against The Musical Box?
    The Youtube clips sound very impressive from an audio perspective, how about visually? It's difficult to tell from the clips!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    This tribute band are touring The Lamb album in the UK.
    Has anyone seen them & how do they compare against The Musical Box?
    The Youtube clips sound very impressive from an audio perspective, how about visually? It's difficult to tell from the clips!
    You can buy their video on their website. The visuals are more up to date compare to Musical Box who are trying to replicate as much as they can the Genesis experience with costumes, light show, projections. But for the music Carpet Crawlers are really close to Genesis (that's the objective). I would recommended their dvd, and there's a second one out almost one year, but for unknown reason (maybe the band is too busy) it's not available, but there's a review on live prog :

Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    You can buy their video on their website. The visuals are more up to date compare to Musical Box who are trying to replicate as much as they can the Genesis experience with costumes, light show, projections. But for the music Carpet Crawlers are really close to Genesis (that's the objective). I would recommended their dvd, and there's a second one out almost one year, but for unknown reason (maybe the band is too busy) it's not available, but there's a review on live prog :

Thanks! Might just have to catch this tour as they're playing a venue thats local!
    Until I saw that I didn't know the singer was Brian Cummings, the same guy in Mick Pointer's 'Marillion' tribute!