Thread: TOM BRISLIN AND FRIENDS, July 12th at Roxy 'n' Dukes - NJ PROGHOUSE show

TOM BRISLIN AND FRIENDS, July 12th at Roxy 'n' Dukes - NJ PROGHOUSE show

I'm happy to post this upcoming gig, for which I will be drumming. I did a search and didn't see it listed here, so apologies if it's been mentioned.

"Friend of the Proghouse, Dunellen native Tom Brislin returns home from a musical excursion to India for a special full-band performance. Tom’s keyboards and vocals will be joined by ace guitarist Randy McStine (Sound of Contact, Lo-Fi Resistance), along with bassist John Galgano, vocalist Laura Meade and drummer Brian Coralian (IZZ), and more. This special one-time lineup will perform music from Tom’s solo debutHurry Up and Smell the Roses, as well as some new surprises."

Show is slated to start at 5:00 p.m., with tickets going for $10 advance sale / $15 at the door.

http://tombrislin.com/shows/

Hope to see you there!

- Brian

Bumping this up on the list...This coming Saturday, July 12. Hope to see some of you there! Heck, if you see 3RDegree and Thank You Scientist at Mexicali Live (Teaneck, NJ) on Friday, you can stay in NJ overnight (I know, I know) and catch Tom Brislin on Saturday...TWO great shows in one weekend!

Very much looking forward to this - thanks for posting, Brian!

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    The NJ dig was not cool.
    All in good fun. We kid because we love!! Some of my favorite people and places are in New Jersey.

Thank you to everyone who came out for this show. The band had a blast, and the feedback we got from the crowd really seemed to echo our sentiments onstage.

Hopefully Tom B. will do a lot more shows in the near future, with our without our involvement (of course, I'd love "with"). This is really great music that should be played out/ heard more often.

My attendance was a birthday present from my wife and the best gift I've recieved in a LONG time. Not only did the songs benefit from a full band (and they've been great solo every time I've seen him play them by himself) but Tom cut loose - really, really loose and wild - on Microphone. His synth solo that seemed to go on for ten minutes of undulating musical bliss build should have been played with a pimp hat on. I've NEVER seen him badassify so fly in a neverending orgy of Yeah.... and Brian, man, you freakin' KILLED on that song.

Brian - you were fantastic and I'm so glad you were able to be a large part of what made this night so outstanding. Also great that you and your dad joined us for dinner, it's always nice to have some chill time to just talk and enjoy everyone's company.

Greg - it's always cool when you are able to come out to a show (tell your wife thanks! :-)) - and thank you for the ever-outstanding coffee. We want to see you again before you and Pinnacle open Homecoming, so make sure you pencil something in beforehand. We're never far. :-)

Thanks for such kind words, Amy and Greg. Amy, I was glad I could bring my Dad to see this show (and hang with all of us for dinner). It's not as easy for him to get out to shows anymore, so when the opportunity arises it's great to take advantage of it. I'm glad he was there for this one, in particular. Who knows if or when this specific collection of musicians will ever share the stage again? With all of our various projects, the stars are not likely to align.