Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SeaProg 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    SeaProg sounds cool, btw!
    It is, very much so. The closest I can come, in terms of other festivals, is Progday - not this year's version, but most years'. The ones where a certain proportion of the bands are total or near-total unknowns from up and down the East Coast, and they turn out to be fantastic. Same thing with Seattle - it's a great music town above and beyond its punk/grunge reputation, with an excellent public-school music program, fine jazz programs out of both Cornish and UW, and a large enough hip and open-minded audience to support a small but good experimental-music scene. A whole lot of the Downtown NYC players come from there, and have for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfink View Post
    Really great review of Seaprog at Expose online magazine. It was a great weekend.
    Yes, this is a very nice review by Peter Thelen. I enjoyed SEAPROG immensely - both the music and the community of friends made for an absolutely wonderful weekend in Seattle. I hope that Dennis, John, and Jon will decide to have another production in 2015. In addition to everything else, it will allow this East Coast gal to escape the oppressive heat and humidity of the Mid-Atlantic region for a few days of fresh Pacific Northwest air. I would highly encourage others to do, likewise - especially so, since my Seattle friends have promised to do their best to keep the sun shining brightly during that week! Well done, folks!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Did Dissonati perform at this Seaprog? They should always perform, like with Cast at Bajaprog.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Did Dissonati perform at this Seaprog? They should always perform, like with Cast at Bajaprog.
    No, we didn't, not as a band. Neither did Moraine or Zhong Yu.

However I played some of the same songs as a solo performer. And, for that matter, both Dennis Rea and Jon Davis played in side projects.