Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Crimson US Tour Sept-Oct

Quote Originally Posted by Hunnibee View Post
    I'll be at the Friday show at the Warfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    I, too, will be at the Warfield, Friday. With Rob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    So will me and my Lady be there on Friday as well. If you wanna meet up pre show let me know.
    Sounds like a meet up is possible amongst us NorCal folks! I will be driving like a madwoman from Sacto to get there in time, LOL!
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

I'll be staying in Sam Fran with an old friend, and covering both nights at the Warfield. Perhaps I'll meet some of y'all there!

The Crimson Projekct - Are they coming to the Northwest (Seattle area)? I'd love to see them.

KC is playing in Seattle but I'll pass having seen them in their prime. I could only afford Hackett and Kraftwerk tickets this year.

Notall - you're not the only one on Saturday in SanFran. Anyone else?
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Opening night in Albany plus the first two nights in NYC.

Thankfully they added that 4th show in NY. The first three shows sold out before I even heard about it and the stubhub prices where way out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I'll be at the Madison, WI show with Kay & progeezer's ghost.

I asked Biff recently if he had anything to do with KC playing this dinky little town & he smiled & nodded vertically. Thanks Biff.
    Nice! Thank him for me.

Also, I should introduce myself if I see you at the show too. Lol. I'll be the guy with grey hair. Er ... long grey hair. And glasses. And goatee. Maybe still not specific enough. I dunno.
    flute juice

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Notall - you're not the only one on Saturday in SanFran. Anyone else?
    Good question. I'd like to say "Hi" to y'all.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by arise_shine View Post
    Nice! Thank him for me.

Also, I should introduce myself if I see you at the show too. Lol. I'll be the guy with grey hair. Er ... long grey hair. And glasses. And goatee. Maybe still not specific enough. I dunno.
    I'll be easier to spot because of Kay's oxygen and my profile pic. Please do introduce yourself.

BTW, your self-description would be fine in most places, but this is Madtown, so you're right. My son Peter (progeezer's ghost on PE) will also be with us.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Saturday night in NYC with Crimson...

Hot damn!!!
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    Good question. I'd like to say "Hi" to y'all.
    Bald-on-top guy with a longish salt-and-pepper beard. I'll probably be wearing my Discipline tee.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I saw Crimson Project on that tour as well, they were great. It was the day after Nearfest. I was beat and skipped DT.
    Well, you had a legit reason to skip them since you just came from a festival and must have been rather tired. Yup, you are forgiven.

The show I saw was great but strange. CP came on stage 5 minutes early, despite the fact that very few ticket holders were in their seats. Turns out it was a poor pairing of bands, as I seemed to be one of the very few people there to see both bands. Those that were there seemed to really enjoy the set, and not all were just there for CP, judging by their DT shirts. But a shame more DT fans didn't give them a chance. Odd too, as DT did a cover of Larks Toungues II back with the Black Clouds release, I would think more fans would know and like Crimson music. Plus there is the Tony Levin connection and Liquid Tension Experiment.

Fine performance, and I came away most impressed by Adrian Belew. Couldn't believe how good his voice sounded, especially when they played "Frame by Frame". I got to hear many songs live for the very first time, which was very cool.