Thread: Any NEOM news?

Any NEOM news?

Love this band and just wondering if anyone knows how the follow up to Arkana Temporis is coming along. They played some new stuff at the Soleil Zeuhl festival last year, and it sounded amazing. And the extended intensity that they brought to the table live, is something that I really look for in music, but don't find that often.

Anything be them or Setna, would be very welcome, actually.

neil

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    I'd be interested in this too. Arkana Temporis is a great album, a follow up of similar quality would make the world a better place.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

In April, their lead singer Yannik Duschene played a concert with Setna and afterwards at the interview, he said they were working on the second album... Apparently in the process of recording it, if memory serves

BTW: asked how many concerts a year they were playing:

2013: Neom 1 Setna 1 (the Sz festival)
    2014 (so far): Neom 0 Setna 1
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Man, a band like this deserves to be heard more often. If they ever cross the pond, I'll pay them to play in my basement!

neil

My latest new date back some 4-5 months ago, they were writing new stuff + arrangements for the track 'Papyrus'. No idea yet of their timetable for the second album.
    For such bands as NEOM, SETNA, ONE SHOT, SCHERZOO etc being booked for concerts is a real challenge in the modern world.... sad.
    Speaking of SCHERZOO, their 3rd album is under preparation by our friend Udi - for a release in sept or october.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Man, a band like this deserves to be heard more often.
    And you could say that about every current Soleil Zeuhl-act and at least every other AltrOck act as well. And I'm pointing towards the "genre internal" here.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Soleilzeuhl View Post
    My latest new date back some 4-5 months ago, they were writing new stuff + arrangements for the track 'Papyrus'. No idea yet of their timetable for the second album.
    For such bands as NEOM, SETNA, ONE SHOT, SCHERZOO etc being booked for concerts is a real challenge in the modern world.... sad.
    Speaking of SCHERZOO, their 3rd album is under preparation by our friend Udi - for a release in sept or october.
    Thanks for the update and the great continued work. I eagerly wait for a new NEOM album should it come, and excited to hear about a new Scherzoo.

For what it's worth, I thought Setna's last album was my favorite of 2013. Thanks for helping to make it possible.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Yes, if it weren't for SZ's efforts, I don't know if I would have ever heard these bands. So thanks again.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

New Scherzoo in the works, too. Love it. Their second disc, especially, is amazing.

neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Good to hear, looking forward to Udi posting some Scherzoo samples.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.