Thread: Looking for a novel excerpted in Rolling Stone in the early seventies

Looking for a novel excerpted in Rolling Stone in the early seventies

I'm trying to locate the name of a novel (and its author) which was excerpted in two pages of Rolling Stone magazine in the early seventies... I remember that it was writen by a film scriptwriter and that it more or less was about the decadence and emptyness of the film industry...
    Another novel excerpted at the time was the great "Quake", by Rudolph Wurlitzer, kind of a dystopian novel about what happens after California is devastated by an earthquake.
    I have the Rolling Stone CDRom which includes all issues until 2007 but its not working anymore.

You might can find it by going thru some of this: https://www.google.com/search?q=cont...en-US:official

I don't have a clue actually, but sounds like something from Hunter Thompson.

Thanks. I actually could at least open the index page of the Rolling Stone Cover to Cover CD-Roms and found what I was looking for: the novel is The Goodby People (1974) by Gavin Lambert, a British screenwriter working in Hollywood who wrote several novels and several biographies, Natalie Wood's among them.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Wish someone could find online for me a HILARIOUS full page comic strip about the King of Sweden first hearing Cab Calloway's Minnie the Moocher and being totally stupefied that the song is partly about him. It was at the back of an old issue of Tower Records' "Pulse " magazine.