Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mountain!

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    He may have "hit on" Kay, but he hit Steve. so "very abusive" is not a stretch.
    Who hit who?

He doesn't need us to bicker over this. I just don't want him to hyperventilate over it.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Post #37 in the present thread.
    In which case, I apologise for my poor attempt at a jokey comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I believe he hit on her. "Very abusive" might be a stretch.
    I'll try VERY hard not to mention the incident here on PE ever again after this post. but my final comments are that IF YOU WEREN'T THERE, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, and just how VERY abusive it was both to my 21 year old wife and myself when it happened.

I have never, and will not now, talk about specifically what was said and done by LW, me, the other members of the Vagrants (who were ALL as disgusted with him as I and my sobbing (not for drama, just what actually happened) wife.

I apologize to anyone offended by my specificity regarding LW's body type or ethnicity, but I find it hard even after 53 years to condone the perpetuation of the overweight, blustery, arrogant (and dare I say it, even regional to the NY area) myth about all of my Semitic brothers & Sisters.

Some people obsess about what happened to someone they loved 53 years ago, and some people obsess about the NY Yankees. It's all good.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    some people obsess about the NY Yankees. It's all good.
    And some people live in a mythical world. No obsession on my side, just yours. I'm simply a fan, which you, apparently, have an obsession with, considering your inability to refrain from your snide little (and I do mean little) comments.

But, don't worry, big boy, I'll adds a few winks and it will all be okay.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

OK, little boy, I'll take mythical and you can keep schizophrenic.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Back to Mountain.... Nantucket is a perfect 10 album for me, right up there with WHo's next. I used to really like Flowers of Evil and Climbing, but Nantucket is absolutely a great album from top to bottom. I have maybe 20 albums I consider to be perfect - in that I would not change them in any way... Nantucket is kind of an odd one when I look at the list. They just dont seem to fit, but no doubt, every song on that album is great in the context of the album.

I need to pick up flowers and Climbing. I originally got them out of the old cutout bins they used to have at stores. I'll bet they wont be cheap now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Back to Mountain.... Nantucket is a perfect 10 album for me, right up there with WHo's next. I used to really like Flowers of Evil and Climbing, but Nantucket is absolutely a great album from top to bottom. I have maybe 20 albums I consider to be perfect - in that I would not change them in any way... Nantucket is kind of an odd one when I look at the list. They just dont seem to fit, but no doubt, every song on that album is great in the context of the album.

I need to pick up flowers and Climbing. I originally got them out of the old cutout bins they used to have at stores. I'll bet they wont be cheap now.
    "Flowers of Evil" is one of my desert island discs. I have an original pressing of it in NM condition and I bet it's worth a few bucks today.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Wow, I wouldn't rate any Mountain album over an 8 (and that would be the A-side of Flowers as the B-sude is boring stuff), but I wouldn't rate anything belmow 6 (the much-maligned Avalanche).
    BTW, if I never hear Mississippi Queen ever again, it'll suit me fine.... never thought much of it, but over-exposure had me hating it.
    Problem is that Mountain has more live releases than studio, and most og it hasn't aged well... I mean, I like a good jam as much as the next guy; but Mountain went over the top and over the hill (pun intended) in those 70's releases as 50% of them are live.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

the B-sude is boring stuff)

Different strokes, I guess.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Progeezer experienced a very abusive LW (towards his wife) in a restaurant many years ago.
    Did they get in between him and the buffet?

Listening to a recent-ish album by Leslie ....... Still Climbing.

Heavy, gutsy. Leslie is a tone master, and a pinch harmonics master.

Looks like Leslie West is not doing well. He is seriously ill, according to his brother.

LESLIE's brother says, "I am asking for all your prayers. Jenni is by his side in Florida but it’s not looking good. Thanks Jenni, he wouldn’t have made it this far without you."

Diabetes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Diabetes ?
    He's had it for years and lost a leg a while back to it. He hasn't been doing well for quite some time, but I don't know the specific details here.

Nantucket is their best for me, then goes Climbing and the Leslie West album Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by grego View Post
    Nantucket is their best for me, then goes Climbing and the Leslie West album Mountain
    "Flowers of Evil" for me. It's one of my desert island discs.

I have a cheapo, Mountain compilation, one solo album (As Phat As it Gets), and the first West, Bruce, Lainge album.

My first taste of Mountain was the live "Blood of The Sun" on Woodstock II, before Mississippi Queen. Along with Cream, Jimi, Blue Cheer, Led, Sabbath Deep my
    proto-metallic tendencies started when I was around 12-13.

RIP to the legendary "Great Fatsby", died today at age 75.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

RIP. He had a tone, crunch, and vibrato that was very influential.

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace, Leslie.

FUCK!

RIP, Leslie. Thank you for a lifetime of great music. It was quite a ride.

RIP to legend. Climbing and Nantucket Sleighride are essential hard/blues rock albums.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The only one I have is Twin Peaks, the double live ablum they did when they went to Japan, with the 31 minute version of Nantucket Sleighride. That's a pretty bad ass record.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    "Flowers of Evil" for me. It's one of my desert island discs.
    That 25 min "Dream Sequence" just knocks me out.

RIP Leslie Weinstein. My only show at Fillmore East was Mountain and Jack Bruce and Friends.