Thread: Timothy Pure

Timothy Pure

I just received the CD Island of the Misfit Toys as a present. It's very well crafted, dark, and progressive. The vibe - not so much the music - reminds me a little of Porcupine Tree and Pineapple Thief. I don't recall seeing them come up before on PE, which is surprising, as I suspect they would appeal to many around here.

Anyone else familiar with them? How's their other CD Blood of the Berry compare?

Great band...Love the smooth and moody feel of the albums. Farpoint played a festival with them once in Atlanta and they were the high point of the festival for me. Excellent band. I think Blood of the Berry is right on par with Island of Misfit Toys.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

I know this band has been the topic of at least two threads before this that i've chimed in on, I really like Island Of Misfit Toys, that combination of really interesting lyrics and laid back, melancholic vibe really does it for me. I have Blood Of The Berry as well which is also quite good.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    I think both albums are masterpieces. What happened to the band?

Yeah I've seen them mentioned before as well, and good to see them mentioned again! I dig them a lot. Too bad they vanished. I have both albums though if I recall, I favor Island a tad more..

Yup, both are good and quite similar. Not sure the music aged quite as well as some others, but it definitely has its place and are enjoyable to listen to once in a while.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I have that album too. I haven't listened to it in a while but I remember thinking that it was pretty good.

I agree that both albums are about equally good. They played ProgDay the year before I started attending, so I never got to see them live. It seems like we might have talked to some members of the band about possibly doing a re-union show at ProgDay one year, but I could be wrong on that as it has been a long time ago.

I have no clue where they are now.

The band had three albums of course, "The Fabric of Betrayal" gets forgotten most every time.

There might have been a fourth album called "Bones of Ghosts" in 2005, but apart from a possible cover I never
    found any proof that this one was really ever released.

I really love the recordings of the the ProgDay gig. They had a very different vocalist and a much less neo more harder
    spacey approach then (would love to know if there was more recorded than what was released on the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    I really love the recordings of the the ProgDay gig. They had a very different vocalist and a much less neo more harder
    spacey approach then (would love to know if there was more recorded than what was released on the CD.
    My guess would be that the whole show was recorded which is normal practice at ProgDay for those band who choose to be recorded, but Peter Renfro would be the one to ask that question.