Page 138 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4808

Thread: New Releases Only

The new Agusa doesn't seem to be on bandcamp. Not really understanding that, as their other releases are on there. So far, I can't find it available for download anywhere. I mean, this is great for those of you who like physical product, but for those of us who don't do that anymore, not so much. I visited their facebook page and somebody asked where the bandcamp link is. Agusa's response: "its not there beacuse they take such a large fee!" 10-15% (and bandcamp Fridays, where the artist gets 100% of the profit) is too much? Wow.

Sounds good, though. But I'd really like to pay for a legal download as opposed to just listening to it for free on youtube. Weird.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    The new Agusa doesn't seem to be on bandcamp. Not really understanding that, as their other releases are on there. So far, I can't find it available for download anywhere. I mean, this is great for those of you who like physical product, but for those of us who don't do that anymore, not so much. I visited their facebook page and somebody asked where the bandcamp link is. Agusa's response: "its not there beacuse they take such a large fee!" 10-15% (and bandcamp Fridays, where the artist gets 100% of the profit) is too much? Wow.

Sounds good, though. But I'd really like to pay for a legal download as opposed to just listening to it for free on youtube. Weird.

Neil
    https://agusaband.bandcamp.com/album...zDbt--HFPrs64A

Agusa's one of my favorite modern instrumental prog bands. Their music is warm, inviting, and very melodic. Their long compositions feel like journeys, and they never seem to venture into "random wankery" territory. This album feels a little less warm, actually, but there are perhaps some new influences and sounds present. I really enjoyed it on my first listen.

I don't remember this being mentioned here. I went back about 20 pages, but could not see it, though Krokofant is mentioned somewhere on the thread. Maybe for one of their previously released albums. Anyway, here is the first track from their newest one entitled emphatically "Fifth" (the truck is called "Watcher of the Fries" - nothing like "Watcher of the Skies"):

New album by Amarok from Spain (great Prog Folk and more)

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Yes, I saw this today. Perhaps the voice of the people can make a difference. Enough fans on their facebook page or other social media may have convinced them to change their mind. They may now take my money, lol.

Also, I listened to it off of Youtube last night and it is a very good record, is my initial impression. It's obvious that they worked very hard on this.

Neil

EDIT: I'm starting to think that their facebook response was in jest, and I missed out on the joke, lol. They responded to my download query that they were working on a bandcamp release. It seems that it was in the cards all along.
    Last edited by boilk; 09-14-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    I don't remember this being mentioned here. I went back about 20 pages, but could not see it, though Krokofant is mentioned somewhere on the thread. Maybe for one of their previously released albums. Anyway, here is the first track from their newest one entitled emphatically "Fifth" (the truck is called "Watcher of the Fries" - nothing like "Watcher of the Skies"):

Don't know the band but based on the cover-art this must be a band on Rune Grammofon
    Cool how that label is so recognizable by using the same font and colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post

It's a killer record. They play some sort of psychedelic jazz fusion with immense intensity and force. Stale Storlokken is destroying the field on the hammond organ. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Don't know the band but based on the cover-art this must be a band on Rune Grammofon
    Cool how that label is so recognizable by using the same font and colors.
    Yes, it is Rune Grammofon. All 5 Krokofant releases are on the same label.

Banned
    TemperToo's is a band from Salisbury, England. In the liner notes, we can read that TemperToo's return to recording following a 30 year hiatus and that "Telegraph Road" offers a dynamic blend of prog-rock and pop-rock. To me, Art Rock is basically Pop Rock, though with a huge artistic and / or experimental approach. Regardless of whether you think about Art Rock as a 'progressive' genre or not, this is a nice album. In my humble opinion, this is enough "proggy" Art Rock album that absolutely needs to be reviewed on a page devoted to progressive music, as well as due to beautiful vocals, solid instrumentation and nice arrangements, this overall successful album should satisfy even demanding listeners. Recommended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Listening now to the 3CD special edition of the 2021 remaster of Djam Karet's "The Devouring." The demos are really good. I couldn't resist this special edition, or the Burning the Hard City/Suspension and Displacement one.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Nice, but I was looking to purchase.
    Vasilinja album is now available for purchase on CD:

https://www.recordshopx.com/artist/vesilinja/vesilinja/

The band decided to let RecordShop handle all the hassle of packaging and shipping the CDs. I just placed my order. Decent shipping charge too (only 3 Euro for Canada).

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    New album by Amarok from Spain (great Prog Folk and more)

Really great music -again. Only digital at this point.
    Be sure to visit Rob Santamaria's site at https://robsant.bandcamp.com/ for his extensive collection of folk and folk/rock.

Quote Originally Posted by briang01 View Post
    Really great music -again. Only digital at this point.
    Be sure to visit Rob Santamaria's site at https://robsant.bandcamp.com/ for his extensive collection of folk and folk/rock.
    Wayside had this in stock earlier this year... but it's out of stock.

I see SynPhonic has it listed.

New Malady balbum out this week
    https://www.recordshopx.com/artist/m...hantaa/#742179

couldn't find samples - not out yet on their Bandcamp page.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Best I have heard from Pierre Vervloesem in a long time.

https://pierrevervloesem.bandcamp.co...-flambant-neuf

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Best I have heard from Pierre Vervloesem in a long time.

https://pierrevervloesem.bandcamp.co...-flambant-neuf
    G R E A T !

I'm all over it, really like it!.
    Thanks Zeuhlmate for the H.U.!!

Here we go:

Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

Autobuy! Here are two tracks from the album on YT:

That Krokofant album is beyond cool, especially the middle 2 tracks.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

Postponed till December 10th

Quote Originally Posted by mogilevs View Post
    Ah, man...
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

The two Malady tracks above are quite nice. I like the sound. Look forward to the full album.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    That Krokofant album is beyond cool, especially the middle 2 tracks.
    That's good to hear, as I picked it up. Looking forward to that first spin. Their aggressive riffs, that usually come after some jazzy parts, are incredible.

Neil

Accept - Apogee (Japan)

Pleasant enough ear-catching sympho. The main issue I have is that they are "borrowing" what sound like melodies lifted right from Flower Kings songs. Several places on this album.

Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by mogilevs View Post
    Just the two LP editions. The CD is still scheduled to be released in 3 days.