Page 165 of 193 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 4814

Thread: New Releases Only

^^ Nice rundown on the differences between the albums. I hadn't noticed that some of the songs were from the Jordsjo II album. I have that, but don't spin it a lot, and didn't recognize the song titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    I still miss Nattfiolen Suite on the Nattfiolen album. One of the downsides of also pressing vinyl. The Suite is now on the remix of Jord, but not on the first edition of Nattfiolen, to which it belongs. Maybe we can hope for a remix of Nattfiolen with it included some day.
    Well, maybe. All the songs on the new Sessions album were recorded in the summer of 2016. Jordsjo II came out later in 2016, Jord came out in 2017, and Nattfiolen came out in 2019. In a sense, "Nattfiolen Suite" could have fit on any of those records, regardless of them having called one of those albums "Nattfiolen."

That said, I basically agree with you, especially about the downsides of vinyl, of which I am absolutely not a fan. What I think they should have done was put "Nattfiolen Suite" on the original CD version of Nattfiolen... screw the vinyl. At this point, I'm not buying another version of that album just to get all those songs together. I can put a CDR together on my own. It's frustrating, but I'm glad these bands are still making CDs at all, so I can't complain too much, but sometimes I still do.

Bill

To me, it takes some stones to say "that album you spent money for five years ago, actually, we screwed that up, but you can pay again and get the proper version."

Maybe the next time they have an album I should wait a few years to make sure it's the right one? :-D.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ReminiScent of the cover of Deyss' album "At King!" I'll check this out, I liked your last one!
    Hahahah! Perfect! You got the reference! It's a parody of At-King actually.
    NG ~ BC ~ PA

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    My new LP is on Bandcamp in digital format! Come on and take a listen!

Scent Emmental is the 7th prog LP in my discography. If you enjoyed the textures found on my past albums, you're gonna love this. Get ready for some blast'n synth/organ heavy rockers, sprinkled with vocals, guitar and bass. I decided to create 3 new compositions this time: a 20 minute multi-movement epic and two songs half as long.

Now it's starting to all make some sense to me: Czyszy must sound like "Cheesy," Emmental as in "Scent Emmental" is like Emmentaler cheese.

I bought the new one a couple of days ago and am really enjoying it! Since today is Bandcamp Friday I just bought another recent one, Uwu Slaughter. Hmm, the cheese references might be on hold with this release, it looks a little different. I also listened to The Cheese Void, and that sounds very good. Really enjoying the retro sounds and cool solos!

This one was brought up awhile back and dropped last week, and it is an excellent album of jazz fusion...especially if you love quality bass playing.

Neil

^^Should be in my p.o. box any day.

Coming up: Burning Red Ivanhoe - ”UNRELEASED” - ”Recordings from 1970 – 1971”

https://moby-disc.dk/burning-red-iva...leased-lp.html

Vesilinja have a new album for pre-order, set to release on December 16th.

https://vesilinja.bandcamp.com/album...rom=fanpub_fnb

Nothing to embed at the moment, and no mention if a CD is to follow, as with their prior album.

I like the Finnish stuff appearing on these pages lately. There is a complete lack of pretentiousness in music coming from Finland, which I find extremely rare and enjoyable in the times we are living.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Never heard about this band, although Finns are my neighbours (and I enjoy Malady, Sammal and Tavat of the new bands). I'm listening to their first album right now on Bandcamp and I really like it. Gonna order the LP and as the new one comes out, this as well. Thank you for the tip! :-)

.... and now for something rather different...

thinking at times of 48 Cameras.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Dear Spotify,
    Yeah, that new song that just came out today is by a DIFFERENT Anthony Phillips. The one who’s a rapper. Not the one who plays 12-string guitar all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Dear Spotify,
    Yeah, that new song that just came out today is by a DIFFERENT Anthony Phillips. The one who’s a rapper. Not the one who plays 12-string guitar all the time.
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Yeah the streaming services algorithms, or whatever the technology is, aren't perfect. I keep getting notices of new releases from Renaissance and Focus. Needless to say, these are not the artists members here are necessarily interested in hearing.

Finnish prog/pop/rock band Gaspard Oil released their 5th album called "ILLUMINACHT!" this fall.

ILLUMINACHT! consists of ten pure tracks of prog influenced pop and rock in the lineage of Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Queen and E.L.O., to mention a few.
    Some fifty additional musicians performing on strings, horns, percussion etc. have helped the band to fulfill the cosmic vision conjured by Gaspard Oil and producer Jaakko Peltonen.

In the physical sphere ILLUMINACHT! shall be available as a 300 piece limited edition vinyl pressing (á 25€ + postage).
    You can order the physical album straight from the camel's mouth by mailing gaspardoilband(at)gmail.com.

Album is digitally available on Bandcamp, Deezer, Apple music and Spotify: https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/ga...il/illuminacht

CHECK OUT new video for the song "Skin Diver":
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtoD45pZi7U

306189889_198883552483100_1992356256432977711_n.jpg

An album that is quickly raising to the top of my 2022 list:

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post

https://vesilinja.bandcamp.com/album...rom=fanpub_fnb

Nothing to embed at the moment, and no mention if a CD is to follow, as with their prior album.

^^ The Vesilinja album is indeed being released on CD early next year, according to their FB. I'll be grabbing one ASAP, as these can often be tiny runs of 300-400 and then gone...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    ^^ The Vesilinja album is indeed being released on CD early next year, according to their FB. I'll be grabbing one ASAP, as these can often be tiny runs of 300-400 and then gone...
    300-400 would be more than a tiny run, for most of the small indie bands that I know, and the ones that I am in!

Neil

New Zopp coming in February 2023, with another new preview track up. This one has no vocals. I like it.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    .... and now for something rather different...

thinking at times of 48 Cameras.
    Like it!
    Thankx!
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    New Zopp coming in February 2023, with another new preview track up. This one has no vocals. I like it.

Neil
    This Zopp sounds right up my alley. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely add it to my purchase list once it comes out. I have the debut from 2020 and I like it a lot. Just curious why you said that there are no vocals? I hear a vocal segment on the first of the two songs that they made available.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    This Zopp sounds right up my alley. Thanks for sharing. I will definitely add it to my purchase list once it comes out. I have the debut from 2020 and I like it a lot. Just curious why you said that there are no vocals? I hear a vocal segment on the first of the two songs that they made available.
    I meant that the latest song released, Bushnell Keeler, has no vocals. The first song, You, has them and it met with mixed reactions when released awhile back. Maybe, in part, because the previous album had no vocals at all.

Neil

A really nice mix of canterbury/jazz/psych/space rock from Germany's Karaba.

Neil