Page 155 of 193 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 4814

Thread: New Releases Only

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Yes I will probably get this as well.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Btw, Heilung will be touring in the USA & Canada late August-early October. Tickets can still be had at most locations without dealing with the legalized scalpers. Prices are not bad. I just picked up a ticket for Detroit. I saw them on the Futha tour, and it was incredible. Don't sleep on this if interested. Dates can be found on their Bandcamp page.

Pendragon have a new blue smoke double vinyl release of the acoustic version of the Love Over Fear:

https://themerchdesk.com/shop/Pendra...c_Double_vinyl

Tercia-El Viaje
    TERCIA was a great Mexican symphonic progressive rock band in the mid 70’s and early 80’s but unfortunately, they never released a record back then. It is until now that original keyboard player and composer Fernando Garrido has rescued the original pieces from obscurity by recording them for the first time. “El Viaje” (“The Voyage”) is, as its title suggest, a journey into the glorious past of progressive rock in the vein of ELP, Yes and PFM.
    A brief story.
    It all began back in 1974 in Mexico City when high school fellows Fernando Garrido (keyboards, voice, composition), Héctor Gómez (bass, flute and voice), Rogelio Garrido (drums and percussion), decided to form a band and play the music they liked: ELP, PFM, Focus, Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant and Kansas. Guitarrist Tomás González joined later. TERCIA was born.
    TERCIA pioneered symphonic/ fusion Mexican Progressive Rock with bands like Nobilis Factum, Nirgal Vallis, Chac Mool and Iconoclasta.
    Unfortunately, TERCIA disbanded leaving no more than a couple of low-quality recordings and the memoirs of those who witnessed the high intensity concerts they used to give; fuelled with passion and well-crafted compositions.
    “El Viaje” is a 75 minutes recreation of the sound of the band. Every instrument on this CD was recorded by Fernando Garrido. The original arrangements were fully respected. This is just the way the band used to sound: Pure symphonic progressive rock.
    Azafran Media

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=ou...ivPBDEInJuIzkM

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Released today

Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

ARTHUR BROWN CELEBRATES HIS 80TH BIRTHDAYWITH THE RELEASE OF HIS NEW ALBUM

“LONG LONG ROAD”

Impressive to my ears

https://arthur-brown.bandcamp.com/album/long-long-road

Quote Originally Posted by begnagrad View Post
    ARTHUR BROWN CELEBRATES HIS 80TH BIRTHDAYWITH THE RELEASE OF HIS NEW ALBUM

“LONG LONG ROAD”

Impressive to my ears

https://arthur-brown.bandcamp.com/album/long-long-road

sounds exciting enough (halfway down the first listen), but not crazy about the spoken monologue Coffin Confession, though)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    sounds exciting enough (halfway down the first listen), but not crazy about the spoken monologue Coffin Confession, though)
    I got the Kingdom Come box set last year and, while it took an unusually long time to sink in, it eventually ended up as one of my favorite buys of the year, so I'm willing to give this a shot. And it sounds pretty cool on the first listen. Very much in the Crazy World mold of melodramatic organ-driven blues-rock (and the flaming helmet on the cover also suggests he's rooting this very much in the late-60s vibe). Nothing too surprising here but it seems like a pretty effective job with a classic style. Kind of an odd drum sound, produced almost like extreme metal drums where they make the individual hits small and dry to help avoid muddying? Not a big objection though. I'll probably pick up a hard copy of this next payday.

A couple of quick hits:

Listening to Words: The World of W.B. Yeats, Vol. 1 by The Winter Tree. All I can say is that halfway through the album every song sounds like every other song.

"The Calm Before The Storm" - a single from a forthcoming album by Aragon. Eleven minutes of lyrics with a short instrumental break long after I lost interest.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Haven't seen it mentioned yet: Archive released their 12th studio-album, called "Call To Arms & Angels" April this year. It's a double-CD, which is also available as 3-CD-version, including the soundtrack of their film "Super 8".
    Although the music is more or less typical Archive, I believe the band have invented themselfs again. Impressive stuff, like this one, "THe Crown":

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Released today

Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

This may interest some folks:
    New Motorpsycho preorder
    Rune Grammofon
    Motorpsycho: Ancient Astronauts (LP/CD)
    Motorpsycho: Ancient Astronauts (LP/CD)

kr149.00

Comes as a 180g black vinyl edition and limited 180g pink vinyl edition.
    Gatefold cover and printed innersleeve.

PLEASE NOTE: The pink vinyl edition is strictly limited to one copy per customer.

Considering the tight run of albums since the first part of the “Gullvåg Trilogy” in 2017 – three double and a single album in less than four years – the 16 months wait for Ancient Astronauts must feel like an eternity for the fans. And once again we are amazed at the creative forces and consistently high quality at work here.

Much of the music here somehow continue in the manner of the band’s popular long form “N.O.X.” suite from The All Is One (2019) album, including “Mona Lisa/Azrael” and “Chariot Of The Sun – To Phaeton On The Occasion Of Sunrise (Theme From An Imagined Movie)”, the latter clocking in at 22 minutes, being the band´s longest instrumental track to date. Most of Ancient Astronauts was recorded in Amper Tone studio in Oslo during five days in August with old compadre Deathprod at the helm as producer. All four tracks are basically the band playing live in the studio, with the odd keyboards, bits of guitar and the vocals added afterwards. Some of it is in turns pretty frantic and angular or grandiose and hypnotic and is mined from the same sources as the band’s more explorative music from recent years. Meaning there aren’t many choruses to hang on to here, but plenty of mouthwatering music for fans and progheads alike. The album was mixed by Andrew Scheps.

Released 19.08.22
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Guitarist Lari Basilio has a new album out next month, love her playing!

Also released today, the new Birth. Retro/prog/mellotron fans rejoice.

Neil

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Listened to (then ordered) the Birth album today. Some good widdly on there!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The new Threshold single is very good. Covid-related, natch.

Oh Birth is ex Astra how cool is that, straight to the shopping list!

Bought that Birth album from Bandcamp over the weekend and it's been a very solid listen. Retro in a very tasteful way, quite relaxing. I haven't heard of any of the bands that the members are coming out of, but listening in a vacuum it's been quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by EBES View Post
    Bought that Birth album from Bandcamp over the weekend and it's been a very solid listen. Retro in a very tasteful way, quite relaxing. I haven't heard of any of the bands that the members are coming out of, but listening in a vacuum it's been quite good.
    Just listened a bit to Psicomagia, but that's a bit too rough for me (although I'm a jazz-rock fan).

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Just listened a bit to Psicomagia, but that's a bit too rough for me (although I'm a jazz-rock fan).

good/excellent pick, but how is that 2022? I read 2013...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    good/excellent pick, but how is that 2022? I read 2013...
    He's responding to an earlier post. That's where some of the members of the new band, Birth, are from, the others being from Astra.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Only listened to the first song but that was great. Liked it a bit more than Birth honestly, although in both cases it's based on first impressions.

New Ed Wynne

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ Ah nice. I actually thought about Ozrics/Wynne the other week thinking about it seems like its been awhile since we've seen something from them.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Steve Howe and his late son Virgil have another album release coming up called Lunar Mist.

https://stevehowe.com/virgil-steve-h...um-lunar-mist/

Last edited by Steve983; 07-22-2022 at 01:28 PM.