Page 137 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4816

Thread: New Releases Only

^ One of my favorite current bands. Can't say I like them better than Panzerpappa, but can't say that I don't.

Banned
    Overall, "Cosmic" CD isn't quite 'experimental' like some other contemporary acts of the Krautrock genre, but this is, in my humble opinion, a fantastic album with a catchy, yet "extraterrestrial" approach which creates an unique and really 'cosmic' sound of this imaginative German band. A carpet of synths, somewhat haunting vocals and electronically alienated (or generated, or whatever) guitar sounds lies over a barely varying synth basic pattern. A very nice collection of spacey krautrock tunes on this debut, which, at least to these ears, shows the musical influence of the mid-seventies classics of the genre like Kraftwerk and Can.

Last edited by Monet; 09-02-2021 at 03:47 AM.

Here's my latest very humble offering and follow up to "3".
    It's an eclectic mini album though there are proggy elements.
    It's a concept piece as per usual. A lot more info, including a gear list and full lyrics within the sleeve notes on the page.
    Last edited by clivey; 09-02-2021 at 04:29 PM.

Banned
    New Axial Age the album is charged by a pervasive energy combination of Progressive rock and Post-Hardcore elements. This Texas band presents itself to us with a virtuoso and fast-paced music with the breakneck twists and turns and stops are just as much a part of it as the horns, or female vocals which constantly alternate between melody and screaming. But with constantly changing tempos there is also time left for slowness; the next idea is already lurking around the corner. For me, the numerous extremely complex passages on this debut no means intentionally 'technical'. Warmly recommended.

VOSTOK LAKE, Comics and Stories

Two-woman band from New Zealand producing synth-pop with definite prog or art-rock leanings. Closest analogies: Bill Nelson's Red Noise, Eddie Jobson's "Green Album", early Split Enz, Peter Hammill's 80s solo albums. Others have said "Kate Bush on downers"; I disagree, but it's a funny thing to say.

Recommended tracks for prog-snobs: "The Dive (entrance and exit)", "Silicon(e)", "Dress Me Up Dress Me Down", "F is for Fake", "Amateur Hour".

Banned
    Ghosts of Jupiter is the New England based band. They had been formed in 2011 and managed to release two full-length albums prior to just released third album titled "Keepers of the Newborn Green". With their self-titled debut from 2011, Ghosts of Jupiter had achieved a regional success. The new album would be a prototypical album for me if I think about a proggy psych-rock that is nicely melted with folk-music influences. Some beautiful pastoral flute and nice vocals, delivered by the band founder & multi-instrumentalist Nate Wilson that combined with excellent instrumental sections, make Keepers of the Newborn Green the album a rather decent listening, with a lot of pleasant moments.
    The band successfully manages to evolve a well-balanced compel throughout the evolution their musical ideas, and that's certainly a pivotal quality of their expression of view. Overall, Ghosts of Jupiter's sound here is more stylish than pompous, with lots of space for pastoral atmosphere, but not without ups and dramatic passages. Warmly recommended for the fans of contemporary 'prog-folk'.

^ Does this band have any physical releases? I checked 4 releases, and all are just digital files. They're excellent.

Fwiw, In the past, you posted every remotely Proggish band on Bandcamp, to your detriment, but now you seem to have taken a much wiser curator approach. You've tipped me off to some very good artists I wouldn't have found at this time. So, I'd just like to say thanks, Svetty.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    [...] now you seem to have taken a much wiser curator approach. You've tipped me off to some very good artists I wouldn't have found at this time. So, I'd just like to say thanks, Svetty.
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    This ain't prog, but lovely pastoral music that I think some here would get a kick out of:

CD and vinyl coming shortly. The vibe here reminds me of another British obscurity, the album Our Worn Shadow by Manyfingers, but sunnier.
    Received the CD today. Wonderful atmospheric stuff. Thanks for sharing. Reminds me of The Maple Mountain Sunburst Triolian Orchestra sometimes.

Banned
    Do you like English, entirely instrumental sympho-rock stuff in the vein of Ommadawn era Oldfield? If your answer is yes, then Ian Hill's instrumental concept album "Arik's Journey" is an album for you. But you have to listen to this record in its entirety; on "Arik's Journey", everything seems to have been done to make the listener pleasant. And that's where Ian Hill succeeds with this work. "Arik's Journey" is partly lovely and playful, then a little bit ethno-moderately tinged around to sprinkle a pinch of Celtic folklore here and there. Strongly recommended for sympho-rock fanatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Monet View Post
    Ghosts of Jupiter is the New England based band. They had been formed in 2011 and managed to release two full-length albums prior to just released third album titled "Keepers of the Newborn Green". With their self-titled debut from 2011, Ghosts of Jupiter had achieved a regional success. The new album would be a prototypical album for me if I think about a proggy psych-rock that is nicely melted with folk-music influences. Some beautiful pastoral flute and nice vocals, delivered by the band founder & multi-instrumentalist Nate Wilson that combined with excellent instrumental sections, make Keepers of the Newborn Green the album a rather decent listening, with a lot of pleasant moments.
    The band successfully manages to evolve a well-balanced compel throughout the evolution their musical ideas, and that's certainly a pivotal quality of their expression of view. Overall, Ghosts of Jupiter's sound here is more stylish than pompous, with lots of space for pastoral atmosphere, but not without ups and dramatic passages. Warmly recommended for the fans of contemporary 'prog-folk'.

Thanks for posting. The new album from Ghost of Jupiter is a great news. Had a thread on the band some time ago but lost track of them afterwards. Just wonder if there is a CD version of it.
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Does this band have any physical releases? I checked 4 releases, and all are just digital files. They're excellent.

Fwiw, In the past, you posted every remotely Proggish band on Bandcamp, to your detriment, but now you seem to have taken a much wiser curator approach. You've tipped me off to some very good artists I wouldn't have found at this time. So, I'd just like to say thanks, Svetty.

I second this opinion on the Monet's late posts as well, some really great propositions there.

As for Ghost of Jupiter physical releases, the answer is yes ... there are proper CDs at least for the three titles there: The Great Bright Horses, Ghosts of Jupiter and their 1st Unbound (released as Nate Wilson Group). Though getting these on CD is altogether another story. Could not find them anywhere so in "desperation" reached out to Nate Wilson and he graciously sent them to me, really great guy. Hope they have plans to release the new one on CD as well, although, it does not look this way judging from their Facebook page.
    "Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

Falling into Birds - "Scraps of Paper"

New Axial Age the album is charged by a pervasive energy combination of Progressive rock and Post-Hardcore elements. This Texas band presents itself to us with a virtuoso and fast-paced music with the breakneck twists and turns and stops are just as much a part of it as the horns, or female vocals which constantly alternate between melody and screaming. But with constantly changing tempos there is also time left for slowness; the next idea is already lurking around the corner. For me, the numerous extremely complex passages on this debut no means intentionally 'technical'. Warmly recommended.
    Interesting at a minimum. Reminds me a bit of Italy's Tale Cue from way back when, but not quite that good. Still interesting.

Banned
    A kind of proggy & jazzy Art Rock here. The music of Zürich's Brain Echoes is characterized by a rather elegant atmosphere, created by versatile keyboard sounds, in which nice female / male vocals, elegiac guitar solos and sonorous piano excursions are well built-in. "Blackbird (On A White Oak Tree)" offers a collection of songs that due to the elaborate instrumentation, decent keys-work and the guitars that sometimes advance into jazz-rock and prog-rock areas, they are also of interest to discerning prog-heads who, in my humble opinion, should be enthusiastic for this demanding and complex debut.

Bumping The Art of Bleeding, there’s now a Progatron review.

https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...rt-of-Bleeding

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Falling into Birds - "Scraps of Paper"

Listening right now ... first time and like it !
    Tanks for the H.U.!

Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The new edited track from Regal Worm has become an ear worm, even if it’s a simpler, different sound for them.
    Sorry, no linky.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cjRH54-4fGQ

Is this what you were after

Quote Originally Posted by clivey View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cjRH54-4fGQ

Is this what you were after
    A tip of the hat to you!

Do you like English, entirely instrumental sympho-rock stuff in the vein of Ommadawn era Oldfield? If your answer is yes, then Ian Hill's instrumental concept album "Arik's Journey" is an album for you. But you have to listen to this record in its entirety; on "Arik's Journey", everything seems to have been done to make the listener pleasant. And that's where Ian Hill succeeds with this work. "Arik's Journey" is partly lovely and playful, then a little bit ethno-moderately tinged around to sprinkle a pinch of Celtic folklore here and there. Strongly recommended for sympho-rock fanatics.

Enjoyed this enough to give it a purchase. The dude worked hard on it and I'm glad to toss him a few bucks.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

New Molesome: Aftonland. Sounds very good, but I need more listens. Very carefully arranged, and well recorded! Brass, lots of interesting keyboards and studio curios, of course. I got the CD, and it is the usual nice digipak. Good work, Mr. Olsson!

Rachel Flowers new album

There's a new Agusa album on Spotify! Sounds very good.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    There's a new Agusa album on Spotify! Sounds very good.
    : :