Page 159 of 193 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,975 of 4814

Thread: New Releases Only

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Matt Hollenberg is also in a load of John Zorn projects. I saw him at Big Ears, probably more than once.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

A new ventifacts EP:

https://ventifacts.bandcamp.com/album/chronic-town

Ventifacts is Ben Spees (of The Mercury Tree) and Damon Waitkus (of Jack O' The Clock). On this EP they give the Debut EP of REM 'Chronic Town' the microtonal treatment.

My band Glass Island has a new album out in October. You can now listen to the first single, Vanity Unfair. Hope you guys like it and don't mind the plug too much.

https://glassislandpoland.bandcamp.c...tandalone-edit

Me. Cringing time once again with my latest Solo offering absolutely free to own or listen , Digital Release. There are defo prog elements but as per with my stuff it`s eclectic. Lots of improvisation and that`s even in the lyrics I may add song bios and lyric sheet soon , There are some sleeve notes done and a gear list.We all love those.
    Last edited by clivey; 09-01-2022 at 03:49 PM.

Live Recording with new bassist Koganemaru Kei
    1~5 recorded at Koenji JIROKICHI on 3rd February 2022
    6~10 recorded at Akihabara GOODMAN on 18th April 2022

New Releases Only

The Fractal Sextet.

Last edited by Boceephus; 09-02-2022 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Island View Post
    My band Glass Island has a new album out in October. You can now listen to the first single, Vanity Unfair. Hope you guys like it and don't mind the plug too much.

https://glassislandpoland.bandcamp.c...tandalone-edit
    I'll get your album when it comes out..
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

A. Yasinski - In Freedom And Dignity (feat. Roine Stolt and Marco Minnemann)

Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post

Yep I dig it

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Tension View Post
    I'll get your album when it comes out..
    Thank you so much for the support!

Really cool stuff! The accordion is an amazing instrument. Yesinki's approach seems a bit more conventional than that of Kimmo Pohjonen of KTU (ond other projects), but still really interesting. And it's great to hear more of this instrument in a rock context.

Oops!

Church of Hed’s new double album, The Father Road, takes us on a surreal aural journey across the United States along the Lincoln Highway, the first transcontinental road built for automobiles. It’s effectively the sequel to the band’s 2011 album, Rivers of Asphalt, which traveled the legendary Route 66. The music shifts and evolves in tandem with the scenic backdrop of America from San Francisco to New York City. As with the original release, the sense of a lost era lurks throughout the album.

The music within features Church of Hed’s unique mix of spacerock, psychedelia, prog rock, krautrock, and electronic music. It channels diverse influences, ranging from CAN, Cluster, Brian Eno, and Hawkwind, to YES and The Flaming Lips, in addition to Glass, Reich, and Riley. In the end, it always manages to sound predominately like Church of Hed. Of course, Kraftwerk provided the original concept of combining electronic music with a transportation corridor!

The band’s Paul Williams composed, performed, and produced The Father Road with help from Quarkspace guitarist, Stan Lyon, on bass and guitar. Williams plays an array of synthesizers, keyboards, and electric drums. Surreal ambience highlights the western portion of the highway, while more lyrical instrumental pieces aurally describe the more populated sections of this old road. Check out the expanded liner notes at:http://churchofhed.com/releases/chur...e-father-road/
    Quarkspace on Facebook
    Church of Hed on Facebook
    TabMuse -- an online resource dedicated to iOS, Android, hardware, and desktop music apps and synths
    Church of Hed/Quarkspace on Bandcamp
    The QuarkspaceHed YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheNefariousHED View Post
    Church of Hed’s new double album, The Father Road, takes us on a surreal aural journey across the United States along the Lincoln Highway, the first transcontinental road built for automobiles. It’s effectively the sequel to the band’s 2011 album, Rivers of Asphalt, which traveled the legendary Route 66. The music shifts and evolves in tandem with the scenic backdrop of America from San Francisco to New York City. As with the original release, the sense of a lost era lurks throughout the album.
    Really interesting idea -- I'll have to go check this one out.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    The Fractal Sextet.

Here ya' go:

I can live inside of that Fractal Sextet album. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Here ya' go:

Thanks for the save. I rarely use my PC to get on P.E., so the embedding process is new to me. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can live inside of that Fractal Sextet album. Good stuff.
    Yeah, it really surrounds you in sonic blankets. Great production. Stephan Thelen, Colin Edwin & Jon Durant keep putting out quality albums. An aural goldmine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glass Hammer, "The Years Roll By". Very pretty song.

Machiavel - Phoenix

I just listened to this album via Amazon Prime but you can find it where you purchase and/or listen. I never understand sub-genres especially when it's a catchall like "Eclectic Prog". Everything is eclectic in some way. Very pleasant and catchy songs on this album. In places extremely Beatles-esque which is something I love to hear when it's done as an influence rather than pastiche.

I would've linked to something but like I said, you can find it.

Some quite tasty Finnish fusion on the Eclipse label:

Sounds almost like something that could have been laid down at the sessions for The Royal Scam if Donald & Walter went for lunch and the guys decided to have some fun while they were away. Which I mean as praise!

Donald & Walter would have wiped the tape and fired everyone when they got back.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Machiavel - Phoenix

I just listened to this album via Amazon Prime but you can find it where you purchase and/or listen. I never understand sub-genres especially when it's a catchall like "Eclectic Prog". Everything is eclectic in some way. Very pleasant and catchy songs on this album. In places extremely Beatles-esque which is something I love to hear when it's done as an influence rather than pastiche.

I would've linked to something but like I said, you can find it.
    I had no idea that Machiavel was still around! Their Jester album is one of my all-time favorites. I listened to some of this Phoenix album on their YouTube channel and I am stunned that it is even the same band. I took a quick look at Progarchives and seems the rhythm section is still the same from those early albums, but I wouldn't have ever recognized this album as Machiavel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I had no idea that Machiavel was still around! Their Jester album is one of my all-time favorites. I listened to some of this Phoenix album on their YouTube channel and I am stunned that it is even the same band. I took a quick look at Progarchives and seems the rhythm section is still the same from those early albums, but I wouldn't have ever recognized this album as Machiavel.
    they've become Zep would-be clones in the XXI C for a while (not that they succeeded at all)... I haven't heard their new one - not rushing for it.

In his radio shows,national sport was to guess how many times drummer Ysaye would mention the band over his three-hours sunday mornings.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Some quite tasty Finnish fusion on the Eclipse label:

Sounds almost like something that could have been laid down at the sessions for The Royal Scam if Donald & Walter went for lunch and the guys decided to have some fun while they were away. Which I mean as praise!

Donald & Walter would have wiped the tape and fired everyone when they got back.
    This is a perfect description. It's that style of music except it sounds like musicians having fun instead of being worried about exactly where each note goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Okay...
    "what's better, peanut butter or g-sharp minor?"
    - Sturgeon's Lawyer, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Okay...
    Just my bit of fun. I’m fairly sure there are few people who hold Becker & Fagen in higher esteem than I do, I’ve been a devoted fan for 35 years or so. I think of them as one of the very greatest creative partnerships to have existed in popular music.

That said, if you weren’t Wayne Shorter, they would tend to have a very specific idea of what they wanted you to do when they hired you for a session. And would expect you to do exactly that and nothing else.