Thread: New Releases Only

  1. #2301
    Member moecurlythanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Crimea River
    Posts
    5,594
    It's released now, so I downloaded my FLACs while I'm waiting for the CD to arrive.

    Turns out, this is more of a mini-LP or EP at 34 minutes. I converted and gave it a listen last night. There's more Jazz on here than I would have liked to hear, but the playing is top shelf. However, I would have liked to hear the compositions stretch out a bit more. A few tracks sound kind of "cramped" as a result.

    It's good and I'm glad I purchased, but I'm not as blown away as I thought I'd be after seeing that original video. YMMV.
    "If you want to see the true nature of humanity, just look at the internet."

    http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

  2. #2302
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It's released now, so I downloaded my FLACs while I'm waiting for the CD to arrive.

    Turns out, this is more of a mini-LP or EP at 34 minutes. I converted and gave it a listen last night. There's more Jazz on here than I would have liked to hear, but the playing is top shelf. However, I would have liked to hear the compositions stretch out a bit more. A few tracks sound kind of "cramped" as a result.

    It's good and I'm glad I purchased, but I'm not as blown away as I thought I'd be after seeing that original video. YMMV.
    Listened to it today. I actually pre-ordered it without hearing a note of the music.

    I'm glad I got it! The music is excellent and I love the merging of progginess, jazz, and electronics. I just wish the album was longer. But hopefully Mr. Kenner will stick around and continue making music; I'm a fan.

  3. #2303
    Member Zeuhlmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    3,154
    Needlepoints leader, guitarist & composer Bjørn Klakegg has another band "Local Store", that just have released their first album.
    Its not prog, but it smells of Needlepoint.

    http://www.bjornklakegg.com/
    http://bjorn.klakegg.web-hotell.net/...resseskriv.pdf


    The whole album is on youtube

  4. #2304
    Member TheH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,430

  5. #2305
    Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    38
    The two new elephant9 live albums are now available for streaming and purchase.

    https://orcd.co/psychedelicbackfire1...Mce3Aw0Y3FDA0M
    https://orcd.co/psychedelicbackfire2...S0QjRoJV4poW4o

    These guys make ELP sound like a bar band.

  6. #2306
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    547
    New Farmhouse Odyssey, excellent Canterbury/symph chilled California band.

    https://farmhouseodyssey.bandcamp.co...fertile-ground

    neil

  7. #2307
    ^ Awesome! I liked their first album quite well, so was looking forward to this one. Glad it's finally seeing the light of day.

  8. #2308
    Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frownland
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The two new elephant9 live albums are now available for streaming and purchase.

    https://orcd.co/psychedelicbackfire1...Mce3Aw0Y3FDA0M
    https://orcd.co/psychedelicbackfire2...S0QjRoJV4poW4o

    These guys make ELP sound like a bar band.
    Once this makes it's way to America I'll pounce hard. Doubt ill ever get to see these guys live, so I'm looking forward to something approaching the experience.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

    Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

  9. #2309
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    New Farmhouse Odyssey, excellent Canterbury/symph chilled California band.

    https://farmhouseodyssey.bandcamp.co...fertile-ground

    neil
    Can't hear much Canterbury here, but maybe I choose the wrong tracks. Very busy music, but well done.

  10. #2310
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Two new elephant9 live albums coming at the end of May, recorded during a 4-nights-long residency in Oslo. I was there for 3 of those gigs and oh boy these guys set the house on fire.

    Psychedelic Backfire I


    Psychedelic Backfire II (with Reine Fiske from Dungen)


    There's also a Psychedelic Backfire III which is going to be vinyl-exclusive and only available with the limited vinyl boxset.

    http://www.runegrammofon.com/artists...fire-i-cd-2lp/
    My 5 LP box arrived tonight. Sounds fantastic. Glad I got the vinyl box for PBIII. That version of 'Atlantis' is smoking!!!
    Last edited by mike_hunt; 1 Week Ago at 07:45 AM.

  11. #2311
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,834
    This needs to get to the USA
    Ian

    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  12. #2312
    Member Zalmoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    New Farmhouse Odyssey, excellent Canterbury/symph chilled California band.

    https://farmhouseodyssey.bandcamp.co...fertile-ground

    neil
    Love this band and I am really happy that they are still active. I liked their first two albums, especially the first one. Hopefully they re-press that one so I get to finally purchase it.

  13. #2313
    Member Marco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post
    My 5 LP box arrived tonight. Sounds fantastic. Glad I got the vinyl box for PBIII. That version of 'Atlantis' is smoking!!!
    I'm anxious to hear PBIII. Have already streamed I and II enough times to warrant those records a couple spots in my pantheon of live albums.

  14. #2314
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    New Farmhouse Odyssey, excellent Canterbury/symph chilled California band.

    https://farmhouseodyssey.bandcamp.co...fertile-ground

    neil
    This is my first exposure to this group. I definitely hear a vibe that reminds me of Echolyn with a little IZZ thrown into the mix - mostly in the songwriting and arrangements for both of those groups. I like what I've heard so far.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

  15. #2315
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Two new elephant9 live albums coming at the end of May, recorded during a 4-nights-long residency in Oslo. I was there for 3 of those gigs and oh boy these guys set the house on fire.

    Psychedelic Backfire I


    Psychedelic Backfire II (with Reine Fiske from Dungen)


    There's also a Psychedelic Backfire III which is going to be vinyl-exclusive and only available with the limited vinyl boxset.

    http://www.runegrammofon.com/artists...fire-i-cd-2lp/
    First exposure to this group as well and I like what I hear. The underlying groove has the feel of "Set Your Controls..." era Pink Floyd but what's going on on top of that is much more akin to the organ driven groups of which The Nice and ELP are a prime example.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

  16. #2316
    Old man of prog
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Haven
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    New Farmhouse Odyssey, excellent Canterbury/symph chilled California band.

    https://farmhouseodyssey.bandcamp.co...fertile-ground

    neil
    Thanks for the tip! Love it. Bought the 24/96 FLAC.

  17. #2317
    Casanova TCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,381
    erth - Petricor.



    Live:
    https://www.facebook.com/erthband/vi...type=2&theater


    From Costa Rica:
    - 2nd "formal" effort … six tracks … 35 minutes … a mix of rock, funk, jazzy time signatures and some electrónica - good guitar synth work IMO.-

    More info:
    https://erthcostarica.bandcamp.com/album/petricor-2


    Enjoy!.
    Pura Vida!.

    There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

  18. #2318
    Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    erth - Petricor.
    That's a pretty interesting sound. I like it.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

  19. #2319
    ^^Nice stuff, although it seems only available as download (also at CDBaby who also provided the following clip).


  20. #2320
    I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,834
    New one from Brandt Brauer Frick

    Ian

    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

  21. #2321
    Casanova TCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Costa Rica
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    ^^Nice stuff, although it seems only available as download …
    "Physical copies" on the way AFAIK!. (don't know if cds and/or lps.)


    Regards!.
    Pura Vida!.

    There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •