Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 4814

Thread: New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    WoW!
    +1.
    +1

at first I saw the Trombone and skipped over it

glad I decided to hit play!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Japanese sound artist Haco to release Qoosui on Room40-subsidiary Someone Good, premieres video for “Tidal” (available september)

https://www.tinymixtapes.com/news/ja...e-good-premier

Kotebel has produced their latest full length "Cosmology". It's a symphonic form of the best type, less heavy than their last Ouroboros. More toward Wobbler and Anglagard with analog keys and flute. Plus beautiful production. Order from http://www.kotebel.com

The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ cool. Thanks for the heads up.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    Kotebel has produced their latest full length "Cosmology". It's a symphonic form of the best type, less heavy than their last Ouroboros. More toward Wobbler and Anglagard with analog keys and flute. Plus beautiful production. Order from http://www.kotebel.com
    Just got my copy tonight, will be spinning it shortly!

Bill

After one spin I think the new Kotebel is awesome. Anyone who liked the past two albums will like this. Definitely more symphonic in nature, but their last album was not Ouroboros, it was Concerto for Piano and Electric Ensemble, and Cosmology is quite similar in nature to Concerto. I'll be spinning this one a lot, it's very easy to get into and there's tons of great moments on it. These guys continue to perform at the top of their game.

Bill

Thanks for the reminder, Bill. I'm going to get it from bandcamp right now! Like the last two at lot, especially Concerto fro Piano and Electric Ensemble.

neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Concerto was a masterpiece so I'll certainly pick this up.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Karnivool this year...goddamit!!

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    Alpha Male Tea Party - Health (instrumental prog/math rock)

Big Scary Monsters or bandcamp
    In the mood ... good stuff!!.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

As Bill said, the new Kotebel is excellent. They have done it agian. If you are in the mood for some rich, atmospheric, symphonic prog, this one delivers, big time.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    As Bill said, the new Kotebel is excellent. They have done it agian. If you are in the mood for some rich, atmospheric, symphonic prog, this one delivers, big time.

neil
    Agree!.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by TCC View Post
    Agree!.
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post

neil
    I just spun it again last night and liked it even more. It ends with a beautiful little piano piece by Adriana that I'd sort of overlooked before. But there's so much on this album, like their previous two, that it will take me quite a while to totally absorb it. But that is no problem because these albums are such a pleasure to listen to.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    Not only that, but Carlos is also offering a subscription newsletter of his insightful reviews of progressive music classics at https://www.phaedrus.es/
    Included your subscription you get the latest music from Carlos which is in addition to his work with Kotebel. You also get a copy of another album Triptych by his group called Phaedrus.

Carlos Plaza explains: “Triptych” is an album that will appeal to a wide audience of progressive fans. From hard symphonic pieces like “Ignition” to classical chamber music like “The High Priestess”, or even Zeuhl (“Magmatron” – my tribute to Magma), it covers a wide palette of textures and styles.”
    Last edited by BrianG; 07-21-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

I have this one on the way... New Amplifier

https://amplifier.bandcamp.com/album...ith-dr-faustus
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Thanks Brian! If you want to rediscover classics like Close to the Edge, Supper's Ready, Tarkus, Starless, A Passion Play, then Phaedrus is for you! More than reviews, what we're talking here is about detailed musical analyses, aimed at people without formal training in music. Each analysis is presented in both audio and written formats and provide explanations about the form, musical resources used, lyrics analysis, contextual framework (sometimes including artwork analysis). You can sign-up free to the Newsletter and will be able to get full access to the analysis of Close to the Edge Part/1. You will also have full access to "Ignition" the first piece I wrote for Phaedrus. If you want to sign-up and get these free goodies, this is the place: https://www.phaedrus.es/register/newsletter/

G'Day Folks!

Listening to the Phaedrus as I type. Certainly enjoying what I am hearing in the sample!

Tis All ~

Chris Buckley

Thanks Chris! I hope you consider joining. In the next issue (out August 1st) in addition to the analysis of A Passion Play (part 2), I will publish "The Emperor" which features a cello as soloist (it is like a mini concerto for Cello) and also an article on the always controversial subject: Is Prog Alive and Well? Regards. Carlos.

more prog fusion with balls from Chato Segerer, So und nicht anders came out earlier this month. no tracks on YT that I could find except a live version of a 3-way on the Freeway. here's Silverliner from the first one with Chato sportin his Cardiacs tee.

Silverliner (Prog​-​Fusion with Balls/2015)

i.ain't.dead.irock

there you go... new LEPROUS is coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk63FcCIw9g

I totally missed on Live at Rockfeller Centre, have just ordered that one. Solberg can pull all of that off live... amazing. What a voice...

must watch that...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eoLgbURPHk
    best ever vocalist, fark me. past-present-future. And that dude looking awesome too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwj0-oLOouQ

and that drumming reminds me of Karnivool's Judd. Totally insane... next level.
    Ihsahn is epic as. This whole show is freaking dope.
    Last edited by sergio; 07-30-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I just spun it again last night and liked it even more. It ends with a beautiful little piano piece by Adriana that I'd sort of overlooked before. But there's so much on this album, like their previous two, that it will take me quite a while to totally absorb it. But that is no problem because these albums are such a pleasure to listen to.

Bill
    Based on the glowing comments in this thread, I purchased the new Kotebel CD. I'm hoping it will impact me in the way it has on you.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Based on the glowing comments in this thread, I purchased the new Kotebel CD. I'm hoping it will impact me in the way it has on you.
    Me too! Keep us posted!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Me too! Keep us posted!

Bill
    downloading...

I'm glad to see that Adriana's wonderful miniature that closes the album, is not being totally overlooked. Thanks to all for helping others discover Kotebel's music.