Page 69 of 193 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4808

Thread: New Releases Only

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    I did listen a bit more before I left for work. Got through I think track five. I see what you're saying. I really liked the second track, which does have that "slurping" sound mixed in, but has some cool music too. The third track is just one minute, but that and the first half of track four you are right about, definitely more noise than song. Second half of track four seems to be more song. I can't recall much after that because I was packing up to go.

I guess I'll finish it out at some point. I don't begrudge the band trying something new, they've always had a bit of that "noise" element in their music, but this may push more in that direction. I'm not a super fan of that approach, so if the balance is too skewed I may pass. But I heard a lot I liked here too.

Thanks for the heads up, though, better sample than sorry!

Bill

More noise is always good.

These vocals on that other hand...hopefully not a harbinger of things to come for them.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

The new Machine Mass will be a tribute to Jimi Hendrix: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/m...rock-jazz--2#/

https://vimeo.com/215277033

Released by MoonJune Records in association with Audio Anatomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    More noise is always good.

These vocals on that other hand...hopefully not a harbinger of things to come for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Hmmm, not sure about this one. Don't care for the crazy 'vocal-yelling-like-lunatics', on a couple of songs. It is definitely good in parts for me, and a lot of people might really dig it. Don't think it's for me ,though.

neil
    OK, I just finished listening to the new Phlox album. Obviously mileage and tastes vary, but I vastly prefer the vocalizaions, which I think appear intermittently only on one track, to the the all-out noise sections, which fortunately (to me) are also minimal.

Overall, the album seems much tamer than R+V or Talu, only the first track really has a lot of that fierce energy that I think really sets these guys apart. That said, there's some nice playing and they seem to be playing more with textures. I'm going to get it when available, and I'd encourage fans to listen for themselves before judging these "vocal bits," which don't kill it at all for me, in fact I kind of liked them - but I don't need a ton more of them.

Bill

new Subterranean Masquerade album "Vagabond" coming on September 1st.

with a new singer Eliran Weitzman

https://www.facebook.com/Submasq/pho...type=3&theater

OK, I just finished listening to the new Phlox album. Obviously mileage and tastes vary, but I vastly prefer the vocalizaions, which I think appear intermittently only on one track, to the the all-out noise sections, which fortunately (to me) are also minimal.

Overall, the album seems much tamer than R+V or Talu, only the first track really has a lot of that fierce energy that I think really sets these guys apart. That said, there's some nice playing and they seem to be playing more with textures. I'm going to get it when available, and I'd encourage fans to listen for themselves before judging these "vocal bits," which don't kill it at all for me, in fact I kind of liked them - but I don't need a ton more of them.

Bill
    Yes...I should have said I didn't listen to it before I made those comments (just reading the guest list). But the vocals are quite minimal and very superfluous IMO. (Why even have them?). So only a minor niggle with the vocals. Also agreed not overly noisey (which also isn't a negative). And yeah...it reminds me alot of their previous live album, whose name I've forgotten. Wonderful tones too.

Overall, quite like the album.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    new Subterranean Masquerade album "Vagabond" coming on September 1st.

with a new singer Eliran Weitzman

https://www.facebook.com/Submasq/pho...type=3&theater
    nice!

the vocals are quite minimal and very superfluous IMO. (Why even have them?).
    A guess on my part would be that they wanted to do something different with this track. On this album, they seem to be exploring textures a bit more than on previous albums, which were more about hot playing in the service of well-constructed melodic compositions. This time, they seem to be getting a bit more "impressionistic." They could easily have put a sax or guitar solo where the vocal were on that track, but I think they wanted it to have a different effect on the listener; like they are being mumbled at by someone, or like they're in a foreign airport and announcements are happening you can't understand. This makes them disorienting in a way a sax solo, even a skronky one, wouldn't likely achieve.

That's my guess. It's either that, or mumbled vocals are very big with the ladies in Estonia and they're trying to widen their audience base.

So only a minor niggle with the vocals. Also agreed not overly noisey (which also isn't a negative). And yeah...it reminds me alot of their previous live album, whose name I've forgotten. Wonderful tones too.

Overall, quite like the album.
    The live album is called Vali. It's been a while since I spun that one, it was not my favorite of theirs. I'll spin it soon and see how I think it compares to the new one.

Bill

Fibonacci Sequence is proud to announce the upcoming release of our sophomore album, "Cinema Finis" on August 13th, 2017!

Fibonacci Sequence have teamed up several renowned Milwaukee artists to create a full scale piece of art combining music, graphic art, and film.

This album has been a labor of love and we have self-financed the entire recording process and are currently looking to raise the funds to bring this project across the finish line by mounting an Indiegogo Crowdfunding Campaign which is live right now through July 9th.

You can be a part of the process of bringing this album to life by pre-ordering the album in Limited Edition hand-numbered vinyl, CD, and/or digital download, as well as contributor-only merchandise displaying the album artwork such as exclusive t-shirts and posters. Drop in at the link campaign link HERE to watch our campaign video for music samples and all the details!
    CinemaFinis Cover FB.jpg

THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ANY & ALL SUPPORT!!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    New Hidden Orchestra released on bandcamp today.

https://hiddenorchestra.bandcamp.com/album/dawn-chorus
    Last edited by NogbadTheBad; 06-16-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Nomad from Sky Architect is out today

Race To The Sun
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Brand new release from Dean Watson, Sum Of Parts, is on Bandcamp, and will be out on CD at various vendors soon: https://deanwatson.bandcamp.com/album/sum-of-parts

I've been through the album once and I really dig it, but then I really dig all Dean's stuff. Really well-composed and executed Prog/Fusion. Reminds me of Helmet of Gnats at times, similar vibe. For fans of that style, definitely one to check out.

Bill
    Last edited by Sputnik; 06-17-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Brand new release from Dean Watson, Sum Of Parts, is on Bandcamp, and will be out on CD at various vendors soon: https://deanwatson.bandcamp.com/album/sum-of-parts

I've been through the album once and I really dig it, but then I really dig all Dean's stuff. Really well-composed and executed Prog/Fusion. Reminds me of Helmet of Gnats at times, similar vibe. For fans of that style, definitely one to check out.

Bill
    right on, I second that. Dean is very cool indeed. I'm more than curious about the Fibonacci Sequence too. after the bass player posted above, I broke out the ProgDay files and spent a good 90 minutes with their set. very impressive and looking forward to their next one. I never bought Numerology, have to remedy that.

...and by all means, check out Dean's music!
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Thanks Bill, the CD is available at Syn-Phonic, Garden Shed and CD Baby.
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!

"Of Clans and Clones and Clowns" by Soul Enema is out on June 23, 2017. Seven tracks are already streaming here: https://soulenema.bandcamp.com/
    Pretty diverse stuff, from Progressive Metal to Avant-Space-Djent-Fusion ("The Age of Cosmic Baboon"), to Oriental Punk-Prog ("Dear Bollock"), to Symphonic Prog Rock ("Aral Sea"), etc. Guests include Arjen Lucassen (Ayreon), Yossi Sassi (ex-Orphaned Land, Yossi Sassi Band), mixed by Jens Bogren (Opeth, Devin Townsend, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    SHOB - Karma Obscur (Karma Obscur)

That is SICK DOPE!!!

OMG. Caligula's Horse are coming with concept album mid September...

Got the new Phlox the other day and gave it a first spin tonight. FWIW, I really like it. Yeah, there's a couple of weirdo vocal moments here or there, but overall this is one of the most melodically oriented Phlox albums yet. Very easy on the ears. My wife is a sax player and she was blow away by the sax playing. Anyway, whatever reservations I may have had about this album are now gone after this spin. This may wind up being my favorite Phlox album since R+V, I really enjoyed hearing it tonight.

Bill

Alpha Male Tea Party - Health (instrumental prog/math rock)

Big Scary Monsters or bandcamp
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Hellmut Hattler: Bassball II is selling so good, that they have decided to release a vinyl version (two tracks shorter than the CD).
    http://kraan.dk

Richard H Kirk(Cabaret Voltaire) has released a solo album,Dasein.So far, i dig.

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

"Hearing is Believing" home video release

Purchase or rent "Hearing is Believing" on Blu-ray & DVD (Region 1 NTSC) at http://amzn.com/B01LTIC4Z0

DVD_cover.jpg

Looks like a legit vinyl reissue of the Rain album is on the way: https://www.discogs.com/Rain-Rain/release/10557703

October will bring us a new PFM album “Emotional Tattoos”. (sung in English and Italian).

They also signed with German lable InsideOut Records.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    October will bring us a new PFM album “Emotional Tattoos”. (sung in English and Italian).

They also signed with German lable InsideOut Records.
    Nice!
    Thanks for the H.U.!!

More info:
    http://insideoutmusic.com/newsdetail...24&IdCompany=8

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    That is SICK DOPE!!!
    WoW!
    +1.