Page 49 of 193 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 4809

Thread: New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by Svetonio View Post
    I recommend you to try their first album.
    Definitely more of a krautrock influence on the first one. Thanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adewolf View Post
    Definitely more of a krautrock influence on the first one. Thanks.

One of the best of the modern RPI bands, Hostsonaten, has just released a new album: Symphony #1: Cupid and Psyche. I picked it up on Amazon mp3.

Something about the drums kills this one for me
    Is that good or bad?
    Last edited by fiberman; 04-08-2016 at 08:27 PM. Reason: forgot quote

Red Bazar is awesome, thanks Svetonio

Afenginn has a new double CD - Opus

https://afenginn.bandcamp.com/album/opus
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    Red Bazar is awesome, thanks Svetonio
    +1, nice discovery, thanks for posting Svetonio. For fans of big big train....

Banned
    @fiberman & @ deandob

------

A brilliant live recorded avant-rock 3-track EP entitled Chelyabinsk! by Siberian-Spanish collaboration act No Grooves from Томск, Russian Federation.
    Favourite track: MonsterFish

http://sineseawave.bandcamp.com/album/chelyabinsk

Personnel:

Ángel Ontalva – guitar
    Yuri Turov – guitar
    Wadim Dicke – bass
    Anton Kolbin – drums
    Simon Wyrsch – clarinet in MonsterFish

Released April 8, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    I think it should be left in the hands of the mods. It doesn't bother me, since they've been scaled back, and some people are discovering new bands, so that is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by deandob View Post
    Perfectly fine for me and I like seeing the album covers, Svetonio's posts have pointed me to discover a few bands that I wouldn't have listened to otherwise, which I thought was the reason for this thread. If most people don't like Svetonio's posting then maybe have a dedicated Svetonio thread?
    Isn't *this* the dedicated Svetonio thread?

As the creator of this thread, it was never my intention to have it dominated by 1 person. I think what is going on here is a mixup of "new discoveries" vs. "new releases". With all due respect to anyone who records music and posts it to Bandcamp for sale, I don't need to learn about every single new recording or EP that every single person is releasing right now. I feel like that warps the intention behind the thread.

Now it's once per day, every day without fail. And that is after we scaled it back a bit. This will turn some people off because some are frankly wading through Svet's posts to get to something they may actually care about.

I want to read this thread as well, so I actually put Svet on ignore to do that. As a mod, I should not really do such things, but I want this thread to be where many can come and post about a new release that means something to them. In Svet's case, it's EVERY RELEASE every day, indiscriminate. Svet's posts mean nothing to me personally because there are so many and so ubiquitous.

Even though I have been an avid collector and have heard thousands and thousands of recordings, I will overwhelm anyone if I bombard everyone with everything I have heard. And that will dilute my contributions as well.

This is why people get turned off at list threads. I love lists, but after a while it's admittedly much more self-serving for the one posting it than those reading it. People just "data dump" their information, no one learns anything. This indiscriminate "once-per-day" every day concept in this thread is the equivalent of a data dump.

Anyway, it is what it is, but perhaps this provides some insight as to my intentions in creating the thread as well as why someone may be turned off by what has transpired here.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Then perhaps Svetonio should start a new thread & post to his/her (?) heart's content and leave this thread for comments about noteworthy new releases (rather than every new release). I would read & contribute to this thread as well as a new Svetonio thread.

windhawk on progarchives does a similar thing for new music from eMusic. http://www.progarchives.com/forum/fo...asp?TID=102668

Best of both worlds??? Then we can avoid the confrontations based on different viewpoints on what constitutes a 'new releases' thread.

Quote Originally Posted by proggosaurus View Post
    and now we got three fuckin pages of bullshit because you can't leave the personal drama where it belongs.
    No kidding. This ends here. I'm removing several of the off-topic posts.

Bottom line, Svet started his own thread as a result, this thread goes back to its original intentions. World peace? Let's hope so.

Let's get back on track. Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Poisoned Youth; 04-11-2016 at 07:13 AM.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    Afenginn has a new double CD - Opus
    I have three of their previous releases at the radio station - Retrograd, Afrobakkus and Bastard Etno. They seemed to move between a goofy circus performance and some European ethnic mishmash. The result was always interesting but with lots of behind the scene jokes I didn't get. Very innovative group with lots of ethnic influences, though I didn't generally think of them as too progressive.
    I will be sure to check this out. Thanks Dok.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by Svetonio View Post
    A brilliant live recorded avant-rock 3-track EP entitled Chelyabinsk! by Siberian-Spanish collaboration act No Grooves from Томск, Russian Federation.
    I hope I don't reignite any smoldering embers, but to me this release is for completists only. Angel Ontalva is one of my favorite guitarists, but on this recording the Russians seem to noodle on forever without any point. There is lots of background noise and at one point a small child starts fussing. It's nowhere near as good as his work with October Equus or his solos.
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    I hope I don't reignite any smoldering embers, but to me this release is for completists only. Angel Ontalva is one of my favorite guitarists, but on this recording the Russians seem to noodle on forever without any point. There is lots of background noise and at one point a small child starts fussing. It's nowhere near as good as his work with October Equus or his solos.
    That collaboration act called No Grooves can not be compared with October Equus simply because No Grooves' Chelyabinsk! is quite different stuff. However, to these ears Chelyabinsk!, as an album of live impovisations as well, it's crazier, more eccentric, more exciting, etc., i.e. better album than, for example, this one:

Last edited by Svetonio; 04-12-2016 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    April 1st:

Black Mountain - IV

http://www.jagjaguwar.com/onesheet.php?cat=JAG277

Attachment 6873

1 Mothers of the Sun
    2 Florian Saucer Attack
    3 Defector
    4 You Can Dream
    5 Constellations
    6 Line Them All Up
    7 Cemetery Breeding
    8 (Over & Over) The Chain
    9 Crucify Me
    10 Space to Bakersfield

trippy as hell video for the 1st single, "Mother of the Sun" which is 8.5 minutes.

I heard one track from this album and that reminded me in a good way of 80's Eloy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    ^^

very confusing, why buy this very expansive CD of It Bites Versions if you can get the much better "All they ever done" Box Set for less.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    You mean the VIRGIN BOX SET?

The reason I did order Vampires is because I'm curious how he has arranged those tracks and I loved his previous soloalbum. And by the way: it's a double album (100 minutes).
    I like Francis Dunnery's new versions of his It Bites-songs on "Vampires". Over all it has a warmer sound than the originals, which I love too b.t.w.
    https://www.francisdunnery.com/

Has it been mentioned that the new TEE album, Tales of Eternal Entities, is now out? (I don’t feel like wading through the morass that this thread has become):

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    Has it been mentioned that the new TEE album, Tales of Eternal Entities, is now out? (I don’t feel like wading through the morass that this thread has become):
    And a very good Album this is, I like very much.

This year will bring us an EP by reformed ledgendary band from Argentina "BUBU"

I enjoyed their previous release so I'll have to add it to the list...(referring to TEE)
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Way off the PE path, but Zakk Wylde has released Book Of Shadows II. I sampled it on iTunes but 90 seconds per track isn't enough imo... Any fans? Is it worth picking up or is it rather pedestrian? I enjoyed the first one from 20 years ago and like the mellower BLS stuff but I don't need 14 identical tunes.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Could be interesting. Hard to tell for sure, though, a 50 second clip really is teasing. And I don't know about "reformed": four of those five band members look a bit too young to be original members...

"The Slow Light" by All India Radio (ambient/electronic) has been released.

https://allindiaradio.bandcamp.com/album/the-slow-light

And a very good Album this is, I like very much.
    I loved the first two CDs by them, and I really enjoy what I’m hearing from their latest release, too. Very much recommended for fans of early Kenso.

And it couldn’t have come at a better time, as I’m finally after many years beginning to warm up to Anabelas.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by helicase View Post
    Could be interesting. Hard to tell for sure, though, a 50 second clip really is teasing. And I don't know about "reformed": four of those five band members look a bit too young to be original members...

They do, don't they. It's just the former Bandleader and main Songwriter of Bubu and a lot of fresh young guys.