Page 39 of 193 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: New Releases Only

Banned
    A nice full-lenght s/t jazz-rock album by Volador from Aguascalientes, Mexico
    Favourite track: Volador

http://volador1.bandcamp.com/album/volador-2

Released January 13, 2016

https://www.facebook.com/volador.ags
    Last edited by Svetonio; 01-16-2016 at 12:14 AM.

Banned
    A nice spacey one-track full-lenght album by Spiral from Albuquerque, New Mexico

http://thespiral.bandcamp.com/album/centaurus-a

Released January 16, 2016

Chris Boat - Keyboards, Bass, Guitar, Vocals
    Aaron Frale - Guitar, Vocals
    Bill Hatfield - Guitar, Bass, Keyboards
    Senda Shallow - Vocals

Banned
    A great progressive psychedelia one-track EP entitled Atlantis, part I by Snowy Dunes from Stockholm, Sweden

http://snowydunesofficial.bandcamp.c...tlantis-part-i

Released January 13, 2016

Music & Lyrics by Snowy Dunes
    Produced by Snowy Dunes
    Recorded and Mastered by Anders Oredson

I found out about this one today.... They call it jazz fusion...

http://jamit.bandcamp.com/album/following-the-unknown

Enjoy
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Banned
    A beautiful progressive fusion album entitled Hoam by Gloom Soup by Savannah, Georgia
    Favourite track: Igloominati

http://gloomsoup.bandcamp.com/album/hoam (name your price)

Banned
    Awesome 3-track progressive rock / djent debut EP entitled Tsuki by Jusska from Antwerp, Belgium.
    Favourite track: Geisha

http://jusska.bandcamp.com/album/tsuki

https://www.facebook.com/jusskatheband

Quote Originally Posted by bp View Post
    I have been out of circulation for a good time and I really need at start getting the songs in my head recorded so folks can let me know how they like them.

I have started diving into a new modular synth rig as that is where I come from going back to early 1976.

I plan to release material in that format in that genre by year's end with the hope of creating music that connects to a great level of folks here on both an emotional and energetic level. Helping to raise funds for get a more traditional release in 2016 is a main goal as well. This would be more of a band like project including many familiar (famous) musicians The funds will give me the ability to pay the players for travel, rooms and so on. A live show may happen but it would likely be a one-off at Orion. What ever it becomes IT WILL BE FUN!

The modular tunes with be free to all, however I you like the music please support the second release with donation's via PayPay. I will be setting up the website in the coming weeks. I shall put out the word ASAP and would love to hear your takes on the tunes. I am welcome to all feedback and It would greatly that all feedback be dove via PM so that we don't gum up the works. Should you care, please spread the word.

Can't wait to get started!

bp

support live music
    Any news on this one, Bill?

Banned
    A beautuful live recorded full-lenght jazz-rock / ethno fusion album by Vasil Hadzimanov from Serbia.
    Favourite track: Zulu

http://vasilhadzimanov.bandcamp.com/album/alive

In keeping with the label's time-honored tradition of shining a spotlight on newly-discovered artists whose immense musical talents challenge convention and defy categorization, MoonJune Records is pleased to offer the musical stylings of Serbian keyboardist, pianist and composer. Although hardly a household name outside Europe, Vasil has performed with a number of elite, renowned musicians (David Gilmore, Antonio Sanchez, Matt Garrison, David Binney, Nigel Kennedy and rock stars of the former Yugoslavia, Dado Topic and Vlatko Stefanovski, and his parents, the famous Macedonian pop and folk singer Zafir Hadzimanov and celebrated Croatian singer Senka Veletanlic). Vasil is a graduate of the prestigious Berklee College of Music, in Boston.

"Alive" documents Vasil and his band in peak creative form, in front of an enthusiastic, most appreciative audience. The music is fresh and truly "Alive! -- unpredictable and unpretentious, at times, hypnotic, at times pushing the envelope and flattening boundaries. This is bold, adventurous music which pays homage to a variety of styles and influences – jazz, ethno-fusion, progressive rock –, while remaining free, spry and elusive in its own right.

This, their international record debut, is actually the band's sixth album. Since first forming more than 15 years ago, the Vasil Hadzimanov Band has performed hundreds of shows and been well received in numerous jazz festivals covering Europe, Eastern Europe and the Japan. This mesmerizing performance -- recorded in Belgrade, in 2014 and features as a special guest the well known American saxophonist David Binney – serves notice of yet another powerhouse of a musical treasure that MoonJune's Leonardo Pavkovic is proud to present; proving, yet again, that music which is truly "progressive" is not bound by convention or tradition, but is art which seeks out its own form and travels uncharted paths.
    credits
    releases February 1, 2016

Musicians:
    VASIL HADZIMANOV piano, keyboards
    DAVID BINNEY alto sax
    BRANKO TRIJIC guitar
    MIROSLAV TOVIRAC bass guitar
    BOJAN IVKOVIC percussion, vocals
    PEDJA MILUTINOVIC drums
    Last edited by Svetonio; 01-18-2016 at 02:00 AM.

Banned
    A great space-rock / jazz-rock full-lenght album entitled In Time by Our Solar System from Sweden.
    Favourite track: In the Beginning of Time

http://beyondbeyondisbeyondrecords.b.../album/in-time

There would seem to be something playful, and possibly deceptive, about the title of Our Solar System’s second album, “In Time.” It’s a phrase that, whether in a musical or even an appropriately astrological sense, indicates confines and regular rotations, even the absence of the abnormal. Yet “abnormal” could be the axis around which all planets in the Our Solar System galaxy revolve. For an album that so effortlessly delivers trance states in sound, the effect of “In Time” on the listener is likely to be one of orbiting far beyond those confines and regular rotations, toward a delirious detachment from the ticking trap of time.

“In Time” is essentially the work of thirty hands, creating two side-length tracks and forty-four minutes of sonic energy that serves as a vehicle to reach peak experience, alternately arriving and departing from control and abandon.

“In the Beginning of Time” is the title of side one, and appropriately, the twin engines of jazz and kosmische that power Our Solar System’s flight are apparent from the very start. Saxophone merges with synth, as a bass line slowly, stoically stands behind, ready to assist the emerging journey. “In the Beginning of Time” feels like an invocation, and to be clear, it is absolutely nothing less. Our Solar System seem interested in building bridges between worlds, and not just the already quite connected worlds of jazz, progressive rock and psychedelia – labels that represent the previously mentioned confines and regular rotations to which “In Time” pays little heed. Twelve minutes in to “In the Beginning of Time,” such barriers have fallen away, scorched by the altitude and free trajectory of Our Solar System’s flight. “At the Edge of Time” is the album’s cosmic co-conspirator, slightly longer, slightly odder, and slightly more seductive, in part given the mantra-like vocals that provide calm contrast to the musical meteor shower that’s crashing around them. This is the sound of Our Solar System at their astrological apex – exploratory, transcendent and joyous.

Within the confines of time, it’s appropriate to refer to “In Time” as an interstellar jazz-rock album, and an extraordinary one at that. Despite it’s title, you may come to believe that the true home of “In Time” is a place outside time’s confines, floating in space, surrounded by infinite stars and sounds, projecting an indefinable sound that’s boundless and beautiful.
    - revoltoftheapes.com
    credits
    releases March 25, 2016

Banned
    A pleasant krautrock / avant 3-track full-lenght album entitled Nero by The Great Saunites from Italy.
    Favourite track: Nero

http://hysm.bandcamp.com/album/nero-hysm-123

Released January 15, 2016
    Last edited by Svetonio; 01-19-2016 at 03:25 AM.

Banned
    A superb second album entitled The News by contemporary prog band N.y.X. from Italy.
    Favourite track: A Sarcastic Portrait (Editorial Home and Foreign Politics Chronicle​.​.​.​)

http://music.7dmedia.com/album/the-news

Releases February 26, 2016

Walt F. Nyx - lead vocals, bass, acoustic and electric guitars, synthesizers, electric piano, loops and devices.
    Danilo A. Pannico - electronic and acoustic drums & percussion, piano, synthesizers, typewriter, Kaos-Harmonica, gold chain, Italian voice track 6, loops and devices
    Klod - electric guitar, backing vocals, soundscapes and devices

with:
    Adrian Belew - electric guitar and soundscapes (track 3)
    Ivan Bridon Napoles - piano and keyboards (track 6)
    Marco Allocco - cello (track 2)
    Trey Gunn - Warr Guitar and soundscapes (track 7)
    Last edited by Svetonio; 01-20-2016 at 01:15 AM.

^^Walt sounds like Peter Murphy (Dalis Car/Bauhaus) on speed.

Banned
    A nice avant-rock full-lenght album entitled Moving by Greg Segal from Portland, Oregon
    Favourite track: Moving

http://gregsegal.bandcamp.com/album/moving

Released January 18, 2016
    Last edited by Svetonio; 01-20-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Svetonio, could you please not post all these cover pictures? They really distract and make this thread less readable. Anyone who wants to see covers can follow bandcamp links you post in each such message.

Quote Originally Posted by mogilevs View Post
    Svetonio, could you please not post all these cover pictures? They really distract and make this thread less readable. Anyone who wants to see covers can follow bandcamp links you post in each such message.
    I would agree with this. It does make it a bit much. Is there no way, at least, to make the pictures smaller? That would certainly help.

neil

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mogilevs View Post
    Svetonio, could you please not post all these cover pictures? (...)
    Personally, I don't like how the posts with recommended albums actually looks if they don't contain the album covers pics. So it will be always with those covers pics when I recommend the albums.
    Last edited by Svetonio; 01-20-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    (...) Is there no way, at least, to make the pictures smaller? (...)
    Sadly, there is no way to make it smaller.
    Personally, I prefer 600 x 600 size.
    Thumbnail size album cover pics I don't like.
    Last edited by Svetonio; 01-20-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Banned
    A beautiful symphonic rock / gothic full-lenght album entitled Heart Of Mine by singer-sonwriter Rachel Rose Mitchell from Melbourne, Australia
    Favourite track: I Walked Alone

http://rachelrosemitchell.bandcamp.c.../heart-of-mine

Released January 20, 2016
    Last edited by Svetonio; 01-20-2016 at 06:36 PM.

There's not??

heart of mine (2).jpg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    ^^Walt sounds like Peter Murphy (Dalis Car/Bauhaus) on speed.
    Lol, I loved Bauhaus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    There's not??

heart of mine (2).jpg
    As I said, I don't like that thumbnail size pictures of the covers. Also, the site's engine which should turn the pics into that micro size, simply doesn't work sometimes. Don't worry, I alredy tried all possibilities.
    At least, those guys and gals who did do some effort to make all those beautiful covers, deserves some attention.
    As I already said, I prefer 600 x 600 size, but - nothing is perfect...
    Last edited by Svetonio; 01-20-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Clicking on the thumbnail enlarges the picture. And I'm not worried... just a little annoyed!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Reasonable as ever Svet.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    Clicking on the thumbnail enlarges the picture. And I'm not worried... just a little annoyed!
    Okay, but sometimes (many times, actually) the site engine for making the pics smaller, just reject the pic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Reasonable as ever Svet.
    Hey, a genius is here!