Page 15 of 192 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    Fragile seem to be pretty interesting, cant find a link to that W.I.N.S. thing... care to post a lead?
    W.I.N.S. is a four piece Japanese super group with one member from Prism,Fragile,Kenso and Gerard.

I watched about four minutes and it looks like an audition tape for Akira Wada.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

impressive... GHS ish like. Wondering if CDJapan can supply...

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    impressive... GHS ish like. Wondering if CDJapan can supply...
    They are both way out of print. If you want a copy PM me your address and I will send them to you.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    I'm usually not into promoting my site at this forum, except for the sole thread there. But it must be said, that in case of new releases, there's a gigantic load of great music currently streaming on the site.

Let me mention them, in case someone is interested in actually listening:

Solstafir, Nightingale (Dan Swano, an InsideOut-release), Ne Obliviscaris, While Heaven Wept, Scar Symmetry, North Atlantic Oscillation (a KScope-release), Terry Draper (ex-Klaatu), Cartographer, Antoine Fafard, Gandalf's Fist, Esosome, Spleen Arcana, The Gate, Eighth Whale, Pymlico, Fractal Mirror (produced by Brett Kull), Three Winters (feat. Lars Fredrik Frøislie), Threshold, Lunatic Soul (Riverside side-project, a KScope-release), Bjorn Riis (Airbag), Steve Rothery (Marillion), Mostly Autumn, The Sixxis, Walfad, Pinkroom, Supernal Endgame (a 10T Records release), Aeon Zen, Something's At The Sky, Proteo, The Emerald Dawn, Progeland, Jerzy Antczak (Albion), Mikko Iivanainen, Modest Midget, Times Up, Kingfisher Sky, Phi (a Gentle Art Of Music release), Millenium, Lagartija, Unto Us, Deep Thought, Ysma, Marco Machera, Gothik Serpent, Active Heed, Sophie's Earthquake, Juke, Cell15, Kong, Ecccentric Orbit, Alberto Rigoni, Kant Freud Kafka, Abel Ganz, Ange, Hemina (Anubis-related), Greenwall, Majestic, 3rd Ear Experience, Product (Arman Boyles), Iamthemorning (feat. Gavin Harrison, a KScope release), The Pineapple Thief, Monomyth, Frequency Drift, Margin, Heliopolis (a 10t Records release), Distorted Harmony, Electric Orange, Seven That Spells, Seven Impale (a Karisma release), Engineers (a KScope-release), Palefeather, Arlekin, Tides Of Man, The Galileo 7, Hominido, Introitus (a Progress Records release), Pervy Perkin, Neronia, Brieg Guerveno.

A good list of great new albums, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Don't expect to be blown away by it. It's not as crunchy as Fragile or Tri-Offensive. Have you heard the two cds by W.I.N.S.
    I heard some tracks from W.I.N.S., but the original albums are hard to find. I know copies can be bought from Audiophile, but I don't like that idea (I'm rather old-fashioned in these matters).

They are both way out of print. If you want a copy PM me your address and I will send them to you.
    Done!

Highly recommended is the solo album by Rhys Marsh, Sentiment. This is absolutely stuffed full of great mellotron sounds. A really dramatic album with hints of very early King Crimson and Anekdoten. A really beautiful old school album with most tracks running at between 3 and 6 minutes making a really satisfying 41 minute album.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazcrim View Post
    Highly recommended is the solo album by Rhys Marsh, Sentiment. This is absolutely stuffed full of great mellotron sounds. A really dramatic album with hints of very early King Crimson and Anekdoten. A really beautiful old school album with most tracks running at between 3 and 6 minutes making a really satisfying 41 minute album.
    Indeed!

More info on http://www.progressiveears.org/forum...highlight=rhys

The Mercury Tree

New album by Silhouette is out. "Beyond the Seventh Wave".

Morning Bound featuring Tammy Scheffer, Panagiotis Andreou & Ronen Itzik

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    A recent recommendation from Sid Smith, a short EP by Southampton UK based A Formal Horse featuring riffage, canterbury/jazz vibe and excellent female vocals

http://aformalhorse.bandcamp.com/album/a-formal-horse

Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm finally getting around to the Gong disc...

SMH as to why I've waited so long!
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

New cd by Stevan Tickmayer on ReR."Gaps, Absences:To The Memory Of Laszlo Kerekes (1954-2011).

Available at Wayside.My order is in.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Fractal Mirror's The Garden, co-produced by Brett Kull, featuring Brett on guitars and background vocals, from 'Garden of Ghosts'.

Last edited by frankur; 11-26-2014 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Image

Don't expect to be blown away by it. It's not as crunchy as Fragile or Tri-Offensive. Have you heard the two cds by W.I.N.S.
    Just received the Yuya Komoguchi-CD and I must say it's very tasty. Fragile and Tri-Offensive indeed have a more harder sound, but I like this subtle guitar-playing a lot. Michael Landau is the special guest b.t.w.

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pag...-+Not+Dark+Yet

Nathan Parker Smith. Seriously, if you're anything interested in avant, jazz, saxophone, it's a must. Very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Just received the Yuya Komoguchi-CD and I must say it's very tasty. Fragile and Tri-Offensive indeed have a more harder sound, but I like this subtle guitar-playing a lot. Michael Landau is the special guest b.t.w.
    I liked it as well, but it won't make the top ten on the fusion site I post in.

another new Archive album is being released on January 12th, titled "Restriction"

archive-320x320.jpg

1 Feel It 3:16
    2 Restriction 4:00
    3 Kid Corner 3:39
    4 End of Our Days 4:52
    5 Third Quarter Storm 5:26
    6 Half Built Houses 3:31
    7 Riding in Squares 6:34
    8 Ruination 3:51
    9 Crushed 5:55
    10 Black and Blue 3:44
    11 Greater Goodbye 6:08
    12 Ladders 5:03
    13 All the Time [bonus track] 2:46

I liked it as well, but it won't make the top ten on the fusion site I post in.
    Ed, what site is that?

The story behind Northlands, the debut album from Tony Patterson & Brendan Eyre, featuring Steve Hackett, John Hackett, Nick Magnus and IQs Tim Esau amongst others.

This one is worth checking out...

http://uphillwork.bandcamp.com/album...-opportunities
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

They are both way out of print. If you want a copy PM me your address and I
    will send them to you.
    have dug out my collection of older fusion stuff. Can send you copies of Mathematicians (2CDs) and another CD called Jazz Sick. All pretty decent guitarcentric fusion. Got these stored in sleeves without original paperwork which is resting somewhere in shoebox... too much hassle trying to find it now

Dave Bainbridge

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Tension View Post
    By our very own Levgan.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.