Page 141 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151191 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 4786

Thread: New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    new stuff or old stuff? (or a hellish mix of both?)
    Looks like the already released albums, plus some extra stuff (whatever that means).

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    no one cares about new Accordo dei Contrari album? :-(
    Is it out@?? I sure the hell do. Link?

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Looks like the already released albums, plus some extra stuff (whatever that means).
    woo
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post
    Is it out@?? I sure the hell do. Link?
    Will be out in November (19th I think by Cuneiform)

https://www.facebook.com/AccordoDeiContrari

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    woo
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100047632181898

By the 79 moons of Jupiter!! New Bent Knee!!! (apologies. I royally suck at linking to a bandcamp page, using the new fancy method).

https://bentknee.bandcamp.com/album/...from=fanpub_fb

Neil

Help is on the way

Not so new, as it came out in May, but new to me:

A delightful instrumental jazz-rock album, bubbling with that relaxing green-gold vibe that whispers "Finland!" to those who have the ears to hear.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post

A delightful instrumental jazz-rock album, bubbling with that relaxing green-gold vibe that whispers "Finland!" to those who have the ears to hear.
    Great find! I just gave this a quick sample and ordered!

Bill

Help is on the way

I don't know much about this band but I like this track - sort of has an 80s vibe to it. I have a feeling, though, that this is not indicative of what the rest of the album will sound like.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    I don't know much about this band but I like this track - sort of has an 80s vibe to it. I have a feeling, though, that this is not indicative of what the rest of the album will sound like.
    Probably not, no. It's not really indicative of what they sound like in general, to be honest, although it's hard to find one track that is. I love them, so I'm stoked about a new album. This track isn't doing much for me but that's of no concern to me whatsoever, the Knees always deliver.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

New album Eclipsed by South American duo Fleesh

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post

This Odd Brew album is really good. Thanks for the heads-up. I just realized that is released on the same label (Eclipse Music) as another Finish band (Aaro Laitinen Quintet) with an album I like a lot:

In fact there are so many other albums worth investigating that have been released on the same label.
    Last edited by Zalmoxe; 10-09-2021 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve983 View Post
    New album Eclipsed by South American duo Fleesh

Sounds like good Neo-Prog. Nice production.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    This Odd Brew album is really good. Thanks for the heads-up. I just realized that is released on the same label (Eclipse Music) as another Finish band (Aaro Laitinen Quintet) with an album I like a lot:

In fact there are so many other albums worth investigating that have been released on the same label.
    Yeah, Eclipse is a good label to keep an eye on for lovers of Finnish music. I've picked up quite a few albums over the years. They put out a fairly broad spectrum of music, so there's a lot of titles that don't appeal to me. But there's also a good quotient of interesting progressive and jazz releases.

I hadn't picked up on the Airo Laitinen Quintet album, but it's pretty good to my ears!

Bandcamp Profile

One more thing on Eclipse while I'm here:

This is guitar-oriented instrumental music that at different points puts me in mind of Causa Sui, desert rock (taiga rock??), early Wishbone Ash, and more. But it also incorporates Finnish folk elements and has its own vibe going on. Quite tasty, really.

Bandcamp Profile

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    New live video from Squid:

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Excellent!
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post

I now have my own moral dilemma to contend with. If a band is on bandcamp, then all is well. If they don't use it (the label doesn't allow it, they just aren't interested, etc.), then my problem can be how to get their music. I won't use spotify, I hate itunes and getting actual files from amazon music can be problematic, when living in Canada. So, if that is the case, I have run into a handful of occasions this year, wherein I have just downloaded the music off of youtube, or gotten the album from a friend. Troubling, when I want to give the artists money for their music.

Interesting times, indeed. And now, back to new releases.

Neil
    Like you I download from Bandcamp first, then Amazon , then if all else fails iTunes. I wondered why you had problems with Amazon until I looked at the .ca site and found there was no 'digital music' category, as there is on the .uk site. Now I often login on to Amazon.ca site and order presents for my family in Canada, and have no problem ordering . It uses the same login as I have at home. So I'm wondering if you could login to the UK site and get your downloads that way?

Quote Originally Posted by alanterrill View Post
    Like you I download from Bandcamp first, then Amazon , then if all else fails iTunes. I wondered why you had problems with Amazon until I looked at the .ca site and found there was no 'digital music' category, as there is on the .uk site. Now I often login on to Amazon.ca site and order presents for my family in Canada, and have no problem ordering . It uses the same login as I have at home. So I'm wondering if you could login to the UK site and get your downloads that way?
    Hey, thanks for the tip. It's certainly worth a try.

Neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    My problem with Amazon is also that some of their album downloads have the wrong music on. I just bought an Ibrahim Maalouf album and the last track was by someone else. Getting hold of someone in customer service in Amazon is next to impossible. It's not the first time its happened.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

^^^^

bloody fookin' GAFAs
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    ^^^^

bloody fookin' GAFAs
    I know, right? They could just get their music from the library, like we do. Oh well.

New Black Country, New Road coming out

New Ep from our man Kavus.

I always post these here, and someone else creates a thread, so it'll probably happen again, but it's new, so the right place for me.