Page 12 of 193 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Releases Only

Demians - Mercury
    Greg Herriges - ArtiFacts

The new Deerhoof is coming!!!

The Prog Corner

Just finished listening to the new Knight Area album. This is probably the most disappointing release of the year to me. What was previously one of the better neo-prog bands around has now released an album that I would classify mostly as AOR. All shorter songs, not much variety, and the increased use of heavy guitars. There are still some good melodies here, but overall a big negative departure from their past albums.

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    The new Deerhoof is coming!!!
    Thx for that - Ed Rodriguez is the shite for sure!!!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

New album from Anima Morte. The sample on their website sounds great!

http://www.animamorte.com/

Great new album by The Church! Very spacey. Maybe not prog in the strictest sense but you can clearly hear the influence of early Genesis, intricate guitar interplay, great lyrics, great voice. http://rollingstoneaus.com/music/pos...therdeeper/676

Demians! sweet as, I lost hope on that Nick guy... finally we r there!

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    Demians - Mercury
    Greg Herriges - ArtiFacts

Got it here! Awesome, eh! Virgil Donati wouldn't look out of place on this one. These two releases (In This Life) sound very similar. Tho Donati's crazy stuff I'd rate higher. AF should ask for VD next time

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    He only sent it to a vendor.

Yeah.

"[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

"Etymology", the new CD from Jon Durant & Colin Edwin, who now call their band after their last album, Burnt Belief.
    http://www.jondurant.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Yeah.

Orderd.Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Orderd.Brilliant.
    Indeed, this is truly a genuine monster of an album and one which only keeps getting better as you go along and acquaint yourself with the individual parts of it. I got the CD a couple of weeks ago, but I'm going back there for the vinyl this upcoming weekend. I need to hear this stuff "properly".

I've been enjoying this one the past few days...

Zletovsko - Zletovsko
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

I just got the new album from Tin Spirits , "Scorch" , absolutely fantastic. The guitar player for those who aren't familiar with them is Dave Gregory from XTC & Big Big Train. He is in top form here.

I am not sure how "prog" this one is but it is really good. Very melodic and the musicianship is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Tension View Post
    I've been enjoying this one the past few days... Zletovsko - Zletovsko
    Is this the brand new one? In that case, can you compare it to the debut - if you heard that?

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I just got the new album from Tin Spirits , "Scorch" , absolutely fantastic. The guitar player for those who aren't familiar with them is Dave Gregory from XTC & Big Big Train. He is in top form here.

I am not sure how "prog" this one is but it is really good. Very melodic and the musicianship is excellent.
    Thanks for the alert. It must be prog - there is a Prog t-shirt in the video Actually who cares as long as it sounds great.

Last edited by Meme Prog Mutation; 10-22-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Zletovsko - Zletovsko
    Oh, I see now that it's the same title that I got last year. Very, very good, though.

Fans of the music of Stevan Kovacs Tickmayer(The Science Group)will be pleased to hear of a soon to be released(on ReR) solo record by Tickmayer titled Gaps,Absences.

There are two other cds on which Tickmayer plays which are available, as per a link on his web site.See "new releases Sep.2014"

http://www.tickmayer.com/
    Last edited by walt; 10-23-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Here is another one that some people around here might like, the artist is a guy named Timm Biery who is in my opinion a drummer extraordinaire. I first became aware of him when he was in Mahogany Rush for about 10 years back in the 80's and early 90's (he was their second drummer) . He was also with Danny Gatton and Nills Lofgren .

The album is an instrumental one man band thing that is very progressive music . It is just Timm playing drums and a touch guitar. The title is "Here To Now".

http://timmbiery.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Oh, I see now that it's the same title that I got last year. Very, very good, though.
    I'm sorry I thought it was this year...

Why didn't you tell me about this last year???LOL
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Fans of the music of Stevan Kovacs Tickmayer(The Science Group)will be pleased to hear of a soon to be released(on ReR) solo record by Tickmayer titled Gaps,Absences.
    You already heard his Repetitive Selective Removal of One Protecting Group from 2005, right? Boy, that record contains some of the most absurdly intricate music I ever heard in my whole life. Can't believe it's been nine years!

I'm sorry I thought it was this year...

Why didn't you tell me about this last year???LOL
    It kind of flew under the radar. I nearly ignored it at my peril. Glad that I didn’t! Compared to Happy Family, but I think I like them better!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    "The Antechamber of Being (Part 1)" by Citizen Cain vocalist Stewart Bell has just been released. Recommended to fans of Citizen Cain and all thing Gabrielesque.

^^

He's of course their keyboardist, the CC vocalist is still Cyrus.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    ^^

He's of course their keyboardist, the CC vocalist is still Cyrus.
    Oh! So who does the vocals on this album? It must be Cyrus then, right? Because it sure sounds like him. You have to pay extra for a lyric book. Boo! So I have no credits. The keyboards are very good though.