Page 123 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4807

Thread: New Releases Only

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    The new Elephant 9 is now available for download, as well as physical purchases.

https://orcd.co/arrivalofthenewelder...d1_RD2bPDKndhw

neil
    Qobuz has this one and the new Fire! album in hi res lossless for those into that. I grabbed both from there while I wait for the vinyl to arrive from Rune Grammofon.

New album by Swiss band Galaad (from the 90s), between Ange and early Marillion.

French band Lizzard have a new album out:

Also, Lyle Workman's "Uncommon Measures" sounds very interesting to this old geezer:

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    New single off the new elephant9 sounds very cool. Lots of Rhodes and... acoustic guitar?

Is it just me or this album is more subdued than all their previous work? It's like they got not older, but wiser. None of the hectic, full-force stuff from before.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Only had one listen so far so need to give it more time.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalmoxe View Post
    Is it just me or this album is more subdued than all their previous work? It's like they got not older, but wiser. None of the hectic, full-force stuff from before.
    Definitely. Sure serves me well, I'm not always in the mood for 45mins of balls-out power prog (though I do love it when I am).

Throughout the Worlds and Chasing the Hidden are my favorite cuts so far.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Built for the Future lead vocalist new solo album.
    KENNY BISSETT - BROKEN WILDERNESS

Here is a gentle single from that album, LOST. A pensive acoustic song with mellotron.

http://kennybissett.bandcamp.com

Correct. It's quite good but I can't say I enjoy full heartedly

More subdued and some nice spaces and moods. Personally I wouldn't call it wiser...I love the full force stuff, just trying some different things.

neil

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    The only real issue I have with Arrival Of The Elders is that it doesn't have that spark, that je ne sais quoi that is Elephant9 and that they bring with gusto on their other, higher octane releases. But its still very well done, although I can't imagine it will ever be my favorite from them.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ It certainly is very subdued. I only had one listen, but I think a little too subdued for me. But I'll see what additional listening does.

At least we're getting their live video release later this year, in which there'll be plenty of high octane playing.
    bassist in Papangu, a zeuhl metal band from Brazil https://papangu.bandcamp.com/album/holoceno

Tusmørke has new one out called "Nordisk Krim". The band posted two songs on their YT channel:

At least we're getting their live video release later this year, in which there'll be plenty of high octane playing.
    Where did they say it was coming out this year? Can’t wait to see it.

Caligonaut - "Magnified as Giants" is very good; it should appeal to all lovers of Wobbler (the line-up includes a lot of musicians from Wobbler). Here is the opening track of the album on YT:

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Eh. Live DVDs are kind of a thing of the past for me. I much rather have it in CD form. But I'm probably in the minority on this.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_hunt View Post
    Where did they say it was coming out this year? Can’t wait to see it.
    No official announcement on that yet, but I'll keep you posted. It's footage from one of the Psychedelic Backfire concerts with Reine, where they played a song called "Part 2" — which I for some reason think is the intended sequel to the title track off Atlantis — and trio footage from Belgium.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Certainly more subdued, I'm definitely enjoying it but it doesn't have the driving energy I'm used to and grabs me on their previous albums.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Tusmørke has new one out called "Nordisk Krim".
    Listened to it yesterday. The song "Mumia" is my favorite so far.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Crowdfunder for Oiapok (better known as Camenbert before)

https://fr.ulule.com/oiapok-premier-album-oisolun-/

New Rascal Reporters album is out now

Redux, Vol. 2: Rascals Revenge and the Great Reset

CDs also available!

Empire Bathtub - 2 Looney 2 Moons

Don't know this group but I see this is a continuation of a concept from the previous album. My initial reaction with the content of "Prologue" is that if this is meant to be humorous, it's (for me) at the level of a bunch of drunk 20 year old sitting around riffing on an idea while laughing hysterically. Just my 2 cents.

Empire Bathtub - 2 Looney 2 Moons

Don't know this group but I see this is a continuation of a concept from the previous album. My initial reaction with the content of "Prologue" is that if this is meant to be humorous, it's (for me) at the level of a bunch of drunk 20 year olds sitting around riffing on an idea while laughing hysterically. Just my 2 cents.

New album by Ciccada