Page 121 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 4814

Thread: New Releases Only

@The Mercury Tree fans

the guys from the band made an Avant-Pop album
    https://proletarians.bandcamp.com/al...tiary-book-one

A couple of hours of new improvs from the very groovy Electric Octopus:

By their standards an EP, I guess. Guitarist Tyrell Black has added flute to his arsenal.
    Last edited by Mascodagama; 01-04-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

One of the very last 2020 releases, from piano / drums combo Lemmings Suicide Myth of Strasbourg:

This is pretty great! Just check out the first track.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Gabriel-era Genesis cosplay from Brazil with annoying text-to-voice narrative sections (way too many). The first track, "Novae Terrae" begins with a section that is "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" in sheep's clothing.

Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Andy Edwards and John Jowitt were quite enticing names for me to get the album. The debut album by Rain - Singularity is definitively a grower. Below is the link to their bandcamp page. Could not embed the damn thing here even when I found the id (at least what I thought was) for it.

https://rainprogband.bandcamp.com/album/singularity

"Confusion Will Be My Epitaph"

This one should get a few hearts racing:

neil

Quote Originally Posted by PCMusic View Post
    Could not embed the damn thing here even when I found the id (at least what I thought was) for it.
    That's because there's nothing to embed there. Looks like they're only selling CDs on bandcamp and to listen/stream you have to go over to youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by helicase View Post
    That's because there's nothing to embed there. Looks like they're only selling CDs on bandcamp and to listen/stream you have to go over to youtube.
    Thanks, yeah discussed it already at the embedding thread and Duncan pointed to me exactly the same thing. Should have seen it, but bandcamp always connected with me as the place for streaming and it did not click at the time that it could be otherwise.

Here's the vibe I get from this group (this is my first exposure to them): The melodies sound a lot like something you'd hear from The Flower Kings - uncannily so. Just make Kevin Ayers their lead singer and one of the songwriters. There is also one track, "Sacred Woodlands", that is pretty much what-if TFK did a Magma pastiche.

Last edited by Splicer; 01-13-2021 at 08:34 AM.

For anyone into Genesis, IQ, Pendragon and the like, the new album by Submarine Silence ‎– Did Swans Ever See God ?, should be no brainer.

For anyone into Genesis, IQ, Pendragon and the like, the new album by Submarine Silence ‎– Did Swans Ever See God ?, should be no brainer.

Well, it's okay, but though I may be into Genesis, this is not a no-brainer, by a long shot.

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Well, it's okay, but though I may be into Genesis, this is not a no-brainer, by a long shot.

neil
    How long of a shot? ... just kidding
    Perhaps I should have written "of interest", as "no brainer" seems to have been too much of a teaser. Hope you gave it a chance and listened to the rest of the tracks on You Tube. It makes quite of a difference to listen to a one track only vs. the album. I enjoyed it quite a bit and I am sure you will also hear there elements from Genesis, IQ and Pendragon ... interesting amalgam of the three with the dual (male/female) vocals.

^ I like Submarine Silence quite a bit, and have been enjoying the new one pretty well. Unabashedly retro, but Roversi has the chops and the writing skills to pull it off and make for an enjoyable set of songs.

I've listened to Submarine Silence since their earlier more-Genesis-like work. The feeling I get from them is that they are nice to listen to while I'm listening but I can't remember a moment of their songs afterwards. Not even as simple melody line - can't remember a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    I've listened to Submarine Silence since their earlier more-Genesis-like work. The feeling I get from them is that they are nice to listen to while I'm listening but I can't remember a moment of their songs afterwards. Not even as simple melody line - can't remember a thing.
    Yeah, I am in the same shoes ... getting older is tough

Yeah, I am in the same shoes ... getting older is tough
    There are melodies of their albums that will pop into my head at random times (like "The Game" from their second album, or "Swirling Contour"). I've found lots of their songs to be memorable for me. Guess it just shows how different we all are.

The latest SourceCodeX release

Just released November 13th, 2020 -- a mix of electronic ambient music, prog rock and such . . .

The Best of Collection 2005 to 2020
    by SourceCodeX

https://sourcecodex.bandcamp.com/alb...n-2005-to-2020
    SourceCodeX Best of Collection 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Great Moog-solo in I Offered You The Moon.
    And that last track sounds as if Al Stewart is singing it. Lovely.
    Last edited by interbellum; 01-18-2021 at 02:53 PM.

The Sad Song Co.: Saudade

New album from Nigel Powell's brainchild. Powell is known for his work with Unbelievable Truth (with Andy - Thom's brother - Yorke) and Frank Turner.
    The Sad Song Co. once played at a Marillion-weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    Like Wendy is one of those groups whose music I like while I'm listening to it but can't really remember after I've listened. Pleasant Comfort Prog.

https://likewendy.bandcamp.com/album/the-fisher

They released a YT yesterday:

Nice!

neil

Francois Thollot

Andy Edwards and John Jowitt were quite enticing names for me to get the album. The debut album by Rain - Singularity is definitively a grower. Below is the link to their bandcamp page. Could not embed the damn thing here even when I found the id (at least what I thought was) for it.

https://rainprogband.bandcamp.com/album/singularity

This Rain-Singularity is pure gem!! Ordering now...

Just found these guys in my backyard: