Page 11 of 192 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: New Releases Only

http://steveunruh.com/cds/airpage.html

Steve Unruh - Music From Air

The latest solo album from Resistor/Samurai Of Prog's Steve Unruh, a favourite musician of mine. This time it's a soundtrack to a film called "Air" but it is not a score, it's really just another collection of tunes as only Steve can pen. Any fan of his will like this album I think. He's a strong songwriter and incredibly gifted musician and multi-instrumentalist.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    http://steveunruh.com/cds/airpage.html

Steve Unruh - Music From Air

The latest solo album from Resistor/Samurai Of Prog's Steve Unruh, a favourite musician of mine. This time it's a soundtrack to a film called "Air" but it is not a score, it's really just another collection of tunes as only Steve can pen. Any fan of his will like this album I think. He's a strong songwriter and incredibly gifted musician and multi-instrumentalist.
    A strange coincidence but I was looking through The Dream Harbour liner notes tonight from Willow Glass and noticed Steve Unruh plays on it. I actually haven't spun the cd yet but thought it was cool that he was on it.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    A strange coincidence but I was looking through The Dream Harbour liner notes tonight from Willow Glass and noticed Steve Unruh plays on it. I actually haven't spun the cd yet but thought it was cool that he was on it.
    Yeah, he's a busy guy. He's all over several of the recent Musea/Colossus compilation sets as well as the Samurai Of Prog CDs, his band Resistor, and his solo output. Excellent musician.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Antoine Fafard - Ad Perpetuum

It's not due out until October but I was sent a zip file and it is killer.
    OMG... this is not fair! he didn't tell me he was sending these out.

Quote Originally Posted by sergio View Post
    OMG... this is not fair! he didn't tell me he was sending these out.
    He only sent it to a vendor.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

This one is a year old, but I just stumbled on it last week

Convergence - Dave Weckl/Jay Oliver
    Marbin - The Third Set
    The Dave Weckl Acoustic Band
    The Stanley Clarke Band - Up
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Cai - Mas alla de nuestras mentes diminutas
    CD reissue of 1978 album on Tone Arm label.

Last edited by Modry Effekt; 10-07-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Corvus Stone II is really good...
    Enjoy the moment... It's the only way to fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    CD reissue

Been waiting for ages for this!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

CD reissue of 1978 album on Tone Arm label.
    Tone Arm? is that legit???
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    Tone Arm? is that legit???
    I believe,it is legit.I have Kvartetten Som Sprangde - Kattvals CD on this label.
    From Syn-phonic/Greg Walker newsletter :
    "CAI - MÁS ALLÁ DE NUESTRAS MENTES DIMINUTAS $18 Finally a perfect sounding release of their great 1st album from 1979. A Spanish prog essential!"

Doug Larson seems to stock it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Reid View Post
    This one is a year old, but I just stumbled on it last week

Features a fine interpretation of the track City Nights from Allan Holdsworth's Secrets, called City Nights 2013. I like the album

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Antoine Fafard - Ad Perpetuum

It's not due out until October but I was sent a zip file and it is killer.
    Received the CD-version today. Looks wonderful. Looking foreward to listen to the track D-Day, which features a drum-duet from Vinnie Colaiuta and Gary Husband!

I saw that Pendragon has a new one out called "Men Who Climb Mountains." I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread on this as they seem to be a pretty popular band (or I just missed it). Anyone hear this one yet? I didn't particularly like the last one "Passion."

I believe,it is legit.I have Kvartetten Som Sprangde - Kattvals CD on this label.
    From Syn-phonic/Greg Walker newsletter :
    "CAI - MÁS ALLÁ DE NUESTRAS MENTES DIMINUTAS $18 Finally a perfect sounding release of their great 1st album from 1979. A Spanish prog essential!"

Doug Larson seems to stock it also.
    Tone Arm is a known pirate concern. Sorry guys. The only legit reissue version of Kvartetten is the LP on Subliminal Sounds. No CD

The unfortunate thing about Cai is that there does exist a legit reissue (from the band), but it sounds like crap (well, I've been told that by many, so I'll take it on faith). This is just bait for bootleggers - sad as it is.

Doug and Greg carry bootlegs as a matter of course. About half of the "reissues" in Greg's last update mailer are pirates. Not crusading here, just giving you the data.

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Tone Arm is a known pirate concern. Sorry guys. The only legit reissue version of Kvartetten is the LP on Subliminal Sounds. No CD

The unfortunate thing about Cai is that there does exist a legit reissue (from the band), but it sounds like crap (well, I've been told that by many, so I'll take it on faith). This is just bait for bootleggers - sad as it is.

Doug and Greg carry bootlegs as a matter of course. About half of the "reissues" in Greg's last update mailer are pirates. Not crusading here, just giving you the data.
    and since it is a bootleg, if you really want an excellent sounding digital remaster from vinyl source then just send me a PM and lets work a trade. I can almost guarantee that my remaster is better than this "tone arm" bootleg.
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    I saw that Pendragon has a new one out called "Men Who Climb Mountains." I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread on this as they seem to be a pretty popular band (or I just missed it). Anyone hear this one yet? I didn't particularly like the last one "Passion."
    Personally I hated 'Passion' from the very first time I played it. The worst album Pendragon have ever released. As for 'MWCM', new samples sound really promising.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/pendragon24

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post

Sith.Thanks for the info.

http://unencumberedmusicreviews.blog...arch/label/Cai

Would be nice to have leopard LP - Kvartetten Som Sprängde - Kattvals
    http://unencumberedmusicreviews.blog...0Spr%C3%A4ngde
    Last edited by Modry Effekt; 10-08-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    and since it is a bootleg, if you really want an excellent sounding digital remaster from vinyl source then just send me a PM and lets work a trade. I can almost guarantee that my remaster is better than this "tone arm" bootleg.
    I had once the original on my hands,but 80 euros price was too much.What comes to tone arm,I kind of ordered it already.

Has anyone heard the new Le Silo album, Kesamino?
    I was waitng to see if it would pop up in US shops but I may just spring for an import.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    I was waitng to see if it would pop up in US shops but I may just spring for an import.
    Haven't heard it but they were terrific at RIO 2 weeks ago, it's now on my "to buy" list.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

the one track that is playing on youtube is a big let down... but thats just me. maybe an odd one out and everything else will be killer. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    Personally I hated 'Passion' from the very first time I played it. The worst album Pendragon have ever released. As for 'MWCM', new samples sound really promising.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/pendragon24

Lydia Ainsworth - Right From Real

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    As good as the two first ones, just the production is a bit thin soundwise.