Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The music of Lindsay Cooper event

Wasn’t filmed... Not sure it was even (properly) recorded...

the italian show was recorded,
    As far as i know they don't plan to release it
    "an event that belonged to its moment"

Quote Originally Posted by unclemeat View Post
    The Artchipel Orchestra has a tribute album, featuring Chris Cutler, in the works :

Released May 26, 2017. I ordered one last week, and am listening to it tonight for the first time.

It's a REALLY NICE recording... although the choice of material isn't exactly what I would have chosen. There are two songs from News From Babel (meh), one each from "Music for Other Occasions" and "Oh Moscow" (not my favorite tracks) and one ("Half The Sky") from Henry Cow. The singer (on 3 of the 6 tracks) is Naima Faraò -- wife or daughter of Ferdinando? -- who sounds like she's singing the lyrics phonetically, they're mostly too garbled to understand.

I need to play through it a few more times, see if I can find room for it in my heart.

It's a shame it wasn't filmed though. I have listened to it a lot of times and it really relaxes me. I'm actually helping a few of my friends to set up their band and start filming some of their videos for YouTube. It's not an easy task I have to admit since it's not something I'm accustomed to. Most of the time I have to get an audio visual hire to help me with the sound and light set up. The bloods and screenplay of the videos it's up to me, but the technical part are usually need a good amount of help.
    Last edited by Sondiana; 04-19-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondiana View Post
    It's a shame it wasn't filmed though. I have listened to it a lot of times and it really relaxes me. I'm actually helping a few of my friends to set up their band and start filming some of their videos for YouTube. It's not an easy task I have to admit since it's not something I'm accustomed to. Most of the time I have to get an audio visual hire to help me with the sound and light set up. The bloods and screenplay of the videos it's up to me, but the technical part are usually need a good amount of help.
    There are a couple of videos.

Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"