Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Selling on Discogs and Amazon vs eBay

Has anybody tried eBay's new "Seller Hub"?

Interesting
    Check out ----> Servicing Stop <----

Just found out that Seller's Hub has replaced Turbo Lister on eBay. You are now forced to use it. Bummer.

anyone know if you can ship Media Mail to the Philippines?

I highly doubt it. Your choices are likely to be the various airmail options and surface mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    anyone know if you can ship Media Mail to the Philippines?
    Worldwide boat mail is extinct. Considering how unreliable (bad) the P.I. postal system is, you'd better send your merch by Int'l Priority. It now comes with tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I highly doubt it. Your choices are likely to be the various airmail options and surface mail.
    the guy sent me an order with a California address, but when he paid, he changed it to the Philippines. Of course Discogs doesn't monitor this sort of thing.

the guy sent me an order with a California address, but when he paid, he changed it to the Philippines. Of course Discogs doesn't monitor this sort of thing.
    I guarantee you that that is an attempt at a scam. Notify customer service. Chances are he paid with winner's money and is looking to highjack the package. I have been told directly (by Ebay) that this is a thing, and is happening with more frequency.

Quote Originally Posted by musicislife View Post
    I guarantee you that that is an attempt at a scam. Notify customer service. Chances are he paid with winner's money and is looking to highjack the package. I have been told directly (by Ebay) that this is a thing, and is happening with more frequency.
    Just a misunderstanding. I heard from him this morning and the CA address is OK

I sold an item on eBay the other day, but the guy hasn't paid. Before I had a chance to take the same item down from Discogs, I got a better offer. It's now 3 days and the eBay guy hasn't paid. How long must I wait to cancel the eBay order?

I would ping him and give him a firm deadline of one day then sell it on Discogs.
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.
    -- Russell Banks (paraphrased)

I sold an item on eBay the other day, but the guy hasn't paid. Before I had a chance to take the same item down from Discogs, I got a better offer. It's now 3 days and the eBay guy hasn't paid. How long must I wait to cancel the eBay order?
    I think you're under much stricter guidelines from Ebay about canceling an order. You need to go through the resolution center and work it out first, which could take weeks.

Which goes to show that I don't know anything about selling on eBay. Sorry about that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Think of a book as a vase, and a movie as the stained-glass window that the filmmaker has made out of the pieces after he’s smashed it with a hammer.

no problem, I went to the resolution center and asked for a 2 day resolution.

Not everyone pays right away. Some users on eBay like to take a week. Not sure why.

Just had some guy reporting my items to Discogs because of the alleged grading misrepresentation – he did not like me writing things like "strong EX copy" in the comments. He was not a buyer of these records, so I'm not sure why he even bothered (I have a 100% positive feedback with the buyers, and there was only a couple of slight problems over several years, that were all resolved to mutual satisfaction). Looks like someone who is way too pedantic and has way too much time on his hands, chasing sellers who allow themselves to deviate slightly from the Goldmine standard and taking down their items. It appears people with good track record on Discogs can report other people's items and have them removed without further inspection by the website's administration.

Anyway, I wrote a formal complaint to the support and discussed the issue for a couple of days with one of the admins. After I presented my arguments I was allowed to put the questionable items back on the website with the same comments that I had on them before, and the guy who reported them (they don't disclose his identity, but I have my suspicions) was apparently bereaved of the privilege of removing items. So, case closed it seems. I really liked the way they communicated with me on this issue – excellent service. But, as I told them, the very system where the items can be de-facto removed from the seller's inventory by someone other than an administrator, is flawed and opens a whole lot of possibilities for abuse. Hopefully they will change that at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Levgan View Post
    Just had some guy reporting my items to Discogs because of the alleged grading misrepresentation – he did not like me writing things like "strong EX copy" in the comments. He was not a buyer of these records, so I'm not sure why he even bothered (I have a 100% positive feedback with the buyers, and there was only a couple of slight problems over several years, that were all resolved to mutual satisfaction). Looks like someone who is way too pedantic and has way too much time on his hands, chasing sellers who allow themselves to deviate slightly from the Goldmine standard and taking down their items. It appears people with good track record on Discogs can report other people's items and have them removed without further inspection by the website's administration.

Anyway, I wrote a formal complaint to the support and discussed the issue for a couple of days with one of the admins. After I presented my arguments I was allowed to put the questionable items back on the website with the same comments that I had on them before, and the guy who reported them (they don't disclose his identity, but I have my suspicions) was apparently bereaved of the privilege of removing items. So, case closed it seems. I really liked the way they communicated with me on this issue – excellent service. But, as I told them, the very system where the items can be de-facto removed from the seller's inventory by someone other than an administrator, is flawed and opens a whole lot of possibilities for abuse. Hopefully they will change that at some point.
    Wow Lev - that's pretty crazy. I've got a lot of my albums out there with EX comments. Some are listed as VG+ and other NM depending on where they fit in the EX continuum. Hopefully I'll survive the drive by shootings here.

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom
    I've got a lot of my albums out there with EX comments. Some are listed as VG+ and other NM depending on where they fit in the EX continuum.
    Yeah, I'm 100% with you there, I'd usually put VG+ if it's "weak EX" and NM if it's "strong EX". The guy kept sending me fairly polite, but dull and finicky messages telling me that I'm not allowed to use NM grade if the item is "slightly below NM", and that I'm making up my own grading world instead of following the rules. Then he apparently went overboard and and had my items removed (even though he tells me now that he did not report any of my items, I can't fathom there were TWO different people who'd try to teach me a grading lesson at the same time). Well, as I said before, I was pleased with the way Discogs handled this issue, though I have yet to put the items back on sale as it seems there's no "relist" button or anything like that, and I'll need to relist them manually - thankfully, there are just 10 LPs in total.

Good luck with your sales, hopefully you won't be harassed by the self-appointed Discogs policemen!

Well, my activity on Discogs has really picked up over the last month or two. I normally sell about 4 - 8 CDs a year, but I've sold 5 or 6 in December and January so far. Just to be clear, I only sell discs that I no longer am interested in listening to. So most of it is second tier prog and fusion and some of the 90s prog that hasn't aged well. Hence, the demand for it is pretty muted.