Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New BBC Genesis documentary- "Together & Apart"

New BBC Genesis documentary- "Together & Apart"

http://www.genesis-news.com/news-Gen...part-n401.html

... I'm not sure how much more can be said at this point, but nice to see a recent photo of them all together, and a hint that something else is still to come...
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Let the speculation begin!

Actually, I'm cool with this. I hope they record some new music or try to locate that enigmatic song from the 4-man era that they recorded but lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    25 pages before the end of the week!!
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

To be re-used soon for a tour announcement ?
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Not really anything to speculate about.

They're not going to tour, and it's extremely doubtful that they would all be interested in creating new material - Gabriel seems to have given up the idea of new material all together.

It's just nice to see them together, and this should be an entertaining documentary.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

There needs to be some kind of built-in app for this site that automatically returns "Maybe Genesis will tour" or "Maybe Genesis will record new music" with "Unless Phil Collins is miraculously cured, no."

And I agree that's a very nice picture.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

To be honest, what I would most like to see from the Genesis camp is an "Official Bootleg" series stretching back as far back as they've got soundboards for.

That being said, I'm a real sucker for interviews - I loved the ones on the remix boxes, and I'd love to see a kind of 'round table discussion' interview with the five of them just reminiscing. I'd watch that for hours!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    That being said, I'm a real sucker for interviews - I loved the ones on the remix boxes, and I'd love to see a kind of 'round table discussion' interview with the five of them just reminiscing. I'd watch that for hours!
    The best bits in the Beatles Anthology video were Paul, George and Ringo sitting around a table, just chatting about the past. My favorite bit was when George had a ukulele in his hand, and Paul was asking him a question, and George just spontaneously, in his own little world, broke into "I Will."

So yeah, I'd so love to have that kind of thing with Genesis as well.
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

To be honest, what I would most like to see from the Genesis camp is an "Official Bootleg" series stretching back as far back as they've got soundboards for.

If Genesis could something like what Fripp did with the KCCC, I think just about everyone here would wet their shorts (or panties)

WORD!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Not really anything to speculate about.
    No doubt that's true, but the caption on the official site reads like it's supposed to encourage those kinds of rumors.

In any case, they look good. PG's lost some weight. and SH doesn't ever seem to age.

The one thing needed to make anything happen - Phil needs his monster beard. PG needs his inverted hair-doo. Then we have a winner.

I don't understand Steve Hackett's hair.

I didn't know Phil was so short.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I didn't know Phil was so short.
    First time seeing a photo of him with his bandmates?

On another, non-music-focussed, forum some of us were speculating in great depth about this last week, One site said there would be a major announcement on Monday...well it was only to confirm a documentary that everybody already knew about!

Wonderful to see the five of them together again. They've aged fairly well, Phil's glasses make him look older though!

First time seeing a photo of him with his bandmates?
    Apparently....

Great picture! But...is it me, or is Steve ALWAYS dressed in black nowadays? It's getting a little tiring...add some colour, man!!

Oh no, here we go again......zzzzzzz

No tour of this group is planned for the immediate future. There are some other items coming down the pike, but I don't think it's anything that is going to be a radical departure from recent activity.

I am glad to see this photo, it makes me happy. This was taken in early March of this year.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    No doubt that's true, but the caption on the official site reads like it's supposed to encourage those kinds of rumors.

In any case, they look good. PG's lost some weight. and SH doesn't ever seem to age.
    I noticed how great they looked as well. All have aged very well. I wonder if it because they realized they weren't 25 anymore and decided to cut their hair (or have nature do that for them)? Except perhaps Steve. But they all are in shape, no blimps, no "Who the fuck is THAT?!? What the Hell happened to HIM?!?" stuff...

And of course, Tony and his dazzling smile...

Last time they were all together, since "Six Of The Best." Right?

I like how the two are next to each other - and yet, the three are still grouped together as the pop megastars. I wonder if that was planned, or spontaneous?

Steve reinvents the old songs, Fripp announces a new KC tour which includes past songs, and low and behold. Are the classic five Genesis really finally thinking of doing that long sought after reunion? OM frick'in G!
    Holy crap! If it does happen hope I don't die from a stroke or heart attack from the shock of the news!! Great photo! Speculation, finger crossing and praying now ensue!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by DGuitarist View Post
    Last time they were all together, since "Six Of The Best." Right?
    They have had several business meetings over the years to discuss band business, the possibility of touring, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Steve reinvents the old songs, Fripp announces a new KC tour which includes past songs, and low and behold. Are the classic five Genesis really finally thinking of doing that long sought after reunion? OM frick'in G!
    Holy crap! If it does happen hope I don't die from a stroke or heart attack from the shock of the news!! Great photo! Speculation, finger crossing and praying now ensue!
    Do people realize that Phil can't play anymore?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Really nice picture, and great to see that they're all apparently happy, healthy, and on good terms. I would/will watch this documentary with interest and joy. New music from the five, while unlikely in the extreme, would also pique my interest. But number me among the camp who thinks a reunion performance of old material would be a Bad Idea (even if Phil can somehow play again).
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Do people realize that Phil can't play anymore?
    Yes, people realize that Phil can't play anymore -- at least according to the last time he said anything about it.

Doesn't mean he can't still sing, and it doesn't negate the fact that he has talked about coming out of retirement.