Thread: Blue Vino's 1st & 2nd album...

Blue Vino's 1st & 2nd album...

I know self promotion is a complete & total sin on here, but whatever. I figure I should at least say & link my band's 1st & 2nd album on here at some point.

If you go to www.reverbnation.com/bluevino (yes, same site as back when I set fourth what became a legendary folly of mine) you can hear both albums for free. The 2nd album would be as follows:

Open Minds

1 - Acoustic Explosion
    2 - A Ghost in the Machine
    3 - There Will Come a Time
    4 - Open Minds
    5 - Once Long Ago
    6 - Old World Blues
    7 - Paint the Town Red
    8 - My Muse
    9 - Or Was He? (the Ballad of Jiggs Casey)
    10 - The Road
    11 - Toxin
    12 - Trance-a-delic Blues
    13 - Copy Cat
    14 - You Tear it Down

The first album, self titled "Blue Vino"

1. Room To Breathe
    2. Don't Tread on Me Intro
    3. Don't Tread on Me
    4. the Tainted (live)
    5. Letting It Slip Away
    6. Welcome to Your Broadcast Life
    7. Where the God's Go Begging
    8. Bone to Pick (Out of This Machine)
    9. Bleeding Hearts
    10. When You're Gone Intro
    11. When You're Gone
    12. Just the Beginning

There are 2 other songs on there but they're not on any album. There just random creations that we figured we'd give away. One is a cover of "Suicide is Painless" & the other is a piano piece I made a long time ago.

ABOUT THESE ALBUMS

So the first album we made was right off the seat of our pants. We learned a LOT & part of it was that we figured out we could do better with better equipment (regarding mastering the album). So it's as good as we could get it at the time w/ the equipment we had. The 2nd album is MUCH MUCH better regarding the mastering of it, as I purchased a ZOOM R16, which has WAY more freedom while tweeking each track during mastering. For example, my previous recorder only let me modify the Hi & Low EQ setting (and not much anyway), while the R16 lets me modify not just the Hi & Low, but the Mid & their frequencies, gains, etc.

So, I know you guys on here actually gave me the time of day before & I really shouldn't have even asked as I didn't have a "band" to speak of. LOL. I thank you for that, even though it's not really helped me reputation wise. Now, it's different. We're actually making music we're proud of, we're a band & this is finalized music. Love it or hate it, we've actually gotten fans from this music.

We also have pseudo-music videos on YouTube for the first album & 1 song from the 2nd album (I've got work to do on getting vids for the 2nd album). They're just simple slideshow 'Ken-burns' type vids so they're not wonderful by any stretch. But they're topical. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...QxCUBaErPGcEXi

Oh, & there are 2 "commercials" we made as a joke on YouTube. They're purposefully overblown & meant to make us seem ridiculous. The sarcasm is thick. Which should suit prog rock fans well, in my opinion. Here's one of them

Any input you all give here is GREATLY appreciated. Again, we're not as proud of the 1st album, as we've thought we could've done better if we had better equipment at the time. But it's been released & we're comfortable with that. The first album has more of a theme to it, but the second one is kinda all over the place. It's got sections of songs that go together but not all of them are supposed to be regarded as going together. The second album is also more varied regarding the genres of each song. For example: Paint the Town Red is a sort of old style big band Jazz song, while You Tear it Down is a hard rock song, and A Ghost in the Machine is a soundscape or prog type of song.

Over 50 views, & nobody has ANY input at ALL???? No "meh, it's okay but this needs that & that needs this" etc. Heck, I'm used to you all tearing me up one side & down the other when I post this type of thing.

That's a great ad! I'm sure the reason why no one has responded is that they don't have that Diners card. That's what killed it for me. Either that or no one can beat out the dog as a designated driver.